The Student Room Group

Kurds and Islamists clash in Haringey but not on mainstream UK News?

Nothing good comes from hiding what's going on. Best to show it all and let the people decide. If Islamists are advising for people not to vote, report it. If they wish to disrupt our government system they are, in effect, enemies of the state. If Islamists try to spoil a joyful Kurdish celebration report it. It's a racist and hateful act. If there is an ethnic London riot going on, report it. Don't play God by assuming that airing it might create racial tension or some such bollix. They've not the right to make that kind of call. The truth is the only thing that leads society in a positive direction. Decent reporting is being unafraid to report the truth.
Personally I feel sorry for the Kurds that the Islamist provocateurs achieved their aim of spoiling what was meant to be a joyful celebration. But I feel pleased that the Kurdish community had the guts to vent their disgust and not tolerate such lowlife scum. The Lions of Rojava can be proud of their Kurdish support on the streets of the UK.

http://rt.com/uk/243341-islamists-kurds-clash-london/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTNtjOeycCA

Scroll to see replies

We don't need to know every slight that goes on in the world or even the UK.
Sorry just a little confused. Kurds are mostly Muslim right? So do the Islamists dislike the fact they retain their culture?
Original post by DiddyDec

You don't think Kurds and ISIS supporting Muslims fighting openly in the UK is something we need to know about!
Original post by PopaPork
You don't think Kurds and ISIS supporting Muslims fighting openly in the UK is something we need to know about!

What good does it do?
What good does it do?

Lets people know the risk we are exposing ourselves to by allowing immigration by these 2 groups
Lets people know the risk we are exposing ourselves to by allowing immigration by these 2 groups

The people who are reading the article are almost completely powerless.
The people who are reading the article are almost completely powerless.

we vote. we have voices

people should not be apathetic about this
we vote. we have voices

people should not be apathetic about this

That is why they are almost completely powerless.
Reply 9

We don't report every pub fight, every football scuffle...Why does another fight deserve massive press coverage?
it is sad/wrong that a peaceful demonstration suffered from violence but the article says that "no arrests were made"

my local pub has bigger fights and they don't hit the national press.
One of those Islamist pricks threw a brick at a police officer, then ran away. Cowards.

Out of interest, are you of any particular religious persuasion?
Original post by Drewski
We don't report every pub fight, every football scuffle...Why does another fight deserve massive press coverage?

Your average pub fight does not see attacks on police officers by people who are ideologically linked to a movement that slaughtered over 50 of your fellow citizens with suicide bombs in 2005
Original post by young_guns
Out of interest, are you of any particular religious persuasion?

No, I am not religious in any way shape or form. I am completely areligious.
No, I am not religious in any way shape or form. I am completely areligious.

Fair enough. I think it's absolutely relevant for people to know. I'm not saying it's a front-page news story, but your claim that people are powerless is simply pessimistic, reactionary nonsense.

If sufficient people care about it, it becomes an issue
Fair enough. I think it's absolutely relevant for people to know. I'm not saying it's a front-page news story, but your claim that people are powerless is simply pessimistic, reactionary nonsense.

If sufficient people care about it, it becomes an issue

Immigration has been an issue for decades, what has been done about it? Sweet **** all.

It is in the news otherwise you would have not heard about it.
Immigration has been an issue for decades, what has been done about it? Sweet **** all.

So you're saying a minority of people (far-right immigration obsessives) should be able to dictate policy to the majority?
So you're saying a minority of people (far-right immigration obsessives) should be able to dictate policy to the majority?

It is not a minority of people that have a problem with the current immigration policies. In fact it is quite a high proportion of people. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen the rise of UKIP and the Tories adopting more immigration reducing polices.
It is not a minority of people that have a problem with the current immigration policies. In fact it is quite a high proportion of people

A majority of people have expressed some concern with immigration, and this is why over time immigration rules have been progressively tightened. That started about ten years ago under the Blair government. That is the government responding to public opinion.

Most people want something to be done about immigration, but are not willing to leave the European Union. What are you saying should be done then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending