The Student Room Group

Anyone feeling demotivated?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkboyk
I just leave everything in the morning despite being half asleep. Probably because I just like the adrenaline in the morning

No.NO. NO... don't think like that :frown: see it as a small pebble in a road, but if you ignore it you could potentially step on it and fall over :colondollar:

Spoiler

Lol I kind of get what you mean but it's just for this year so I can forgitaboutit
If only we could go back to being 5 years old and be full of energy, excitement and not give a **** about life :rofl:
Original post by kkboyk
But all your posts are full of cheerfulness. Don't tell me you have been trolling me :frown:

I can be cheerful sometimes, I just feel extremely demotivated often, it makes education especially hard! :eek: :tongue:
Original post by kkboyk
Yeah I really hate summer :frown: Bad things always happens and my friends pretty much isolate me for a whole 2 months plus I end up having nothing to do causing me to overthink about things for no reason.

What are you planning on doing? A lot of people eventually get scared before volunteering, but once you start it those feelings will pretty much start to fade. I've recently started volunteering for food banks around the city, the scary thing about it is that I'm pretty much in charge of taking actions in a group of 6 people (whom 2 of them rarely show up to help or in meetings) and coming with ideas; which I've never ever experienced in my life as I'm kind of shy and not a leader type of person :shy2: I've gradually improved my confidence so far, but still need to improve a bit more in my skills -.-

Oh no:/. Yeah, I don't really have a social circle so I don't have that issue :L.

In terms of volunteering? I don't really know.. to be honest, if I was in need of help in one of those organisations I don't think I'd want somebody like me involved (no experience, uncomfortable in the environment), especially if it revolves around really complex behaviours (eg addiction, crime). But I will have to do something at some stage.. need to build up work experience if I get into uni.
Oh wow, well done! What kind of things do you tend to organise in the group? Sounds like a lot of pressure haha!
Reply 84
Original post by Changing Skies
I can be cheerful sometimes, I just feel extremely demotivated often, it makes education especially hard! :eek: :tongue:

At least you're trying.

Original post by Emily.97
Oh no:/. Yeah, I don't really have a social circle so I don't have that issue :L.

In terms of volunteering? I don't really know.. to be honest, if I was in need of help in one of those organisations I don't think I'd want somebody like me involved (no experience, uncomfortable in the environment), especially if it revolves around really complex behaviours (eg addiction, crime). But I will have to do something at some stage.. need to build up work experience if I get into uni.
Oh wow, well done! What kind of things do you tend to organise in the group? Sounds like a lot of pressure haha!

Social circles are weird and kind of uncomfortable for me at times -.-

Yes in term of volunteering. You're looking down on yourself, many people that volunteer are like that so a certain member of staff (or everyone) will help you to gain some confidence to ensure you are gaining something from this experience. They can't necessarily deny any volunteers, unless they are underage or for some serious circumstances (if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be accepted).

Don't volunteer for any opportunities involving addiction, crime, rape and even extreme mental problems as those are mostly for people with experience. You could try volunteering programs abroad, or even sign up to help on any local events occurring in your city/town.

I usually just organise meetings so we could discuss something, but since half of the people always end up missing I just come up with a few ideas; and then tell others to see if they approve. If it's a great idea then I would tell my supervisor (who is my teacher). Most of the times I spend annoying people to donate food.
Idk if this will help anyone but today I went to school to collect some papers and it just sort of hit me that if I don't work enough this next month/month and a half, I'm going to end up back there, doing the walk of shame through the corridors, which is terrifying and definitely not something I want to do.

That kind of motivated me a lot so try to think about the outcome of what would happen to future you in August/whenever when you get your marks, when you find out that you didn't get the grades you wanted or get a bad grade on an assignment etc. You'll find that it's worth to give yourself the extra push now then to have future you feel disappointed later on. :yep:
Reply 86
Original post by TheStoryteller
Idk if this will help anyone but today I went to school to collect some papers and it just sort of hit me that if I don't work enough this next month/month and a half, I'm going to end up back there, doing the walk of shame through the corridors, which is terrifying and definitely not something I want to do.

That kind of motivated me a lot so try to think about the outcome of what would happen to future you in August/whenever when you get your marks, when you find out that you didn't get the grades you wanted or get a bad grade on an assignment etc. You'll find that it's worth to give yourself the extra push now then to have future you feel disappointed later on. :yep:

That doesn't work for me anymore.

I wished that worked on me. I really need a BBB but I'm so lazy I'm doubting myself.
Original post by kkboyk
That doesn't work for me anymore.

Aw :frown: What level are you studying at?
Original post by Wolftablet
I wished that worked on me. I really need a BBB but I'm so lazy I'm doubting myself.

That kept happening to me this past week. Well not really laziness I guess it's more of a fear of failure. I wish I knew how to get rid of it completely but it still returns sometimes (a lot of the times) :s-smilie: In my case right now it's kind of like a cycle of either feeling really motivated or just not at all. :rolleyes:
Reply 90
Aw :frown: What level are you studying at?

Retaking the year since the subjects I've done were pretty useless, so AS.
Original post by kkboyk
Retaking the year since the subjects I've done were pretty useless, so AS.

A Levels suck the life out of you tbh. They feel like this useless race you have to finish to get to the next important part i.e. university. (Again this might not be very motivating at all because I'm not very good at this haha but) You can start bit by it, knowing that every goal you tick off your list will be a step closer to A2 and a step away from the start line, even just the tiniest bit of work to get you going.

I didn't leave much time for my "AS" (I'm not from the UK so my AS exams might have been a bit different) exams and kind of left the studying till the last minute, which I regret, but I still did very well. You on the other hand probably have a month or so left. Think of how the As you can secure by working for a full month. But don't look it as a whole thing you need to overcome because it gets overwhelming. Say you have this subsection within a section within a module that you want to get rid of. Start it. Slowly slowly, even in 15 minute periods, till you get rid of it. Then you'll see how happy you feel by ticking it off your specification. It'll take a while to start to feel good but once it does, you'll find a rhythm and you'll keep going. :wink: Sometimes I find it's not really the motivation you need, it's discipline. :colondollar:

(I'm sorry I'm not very helpful haha I'm still figuring out myself)
A Levels suck the life out of you tbh. They feel like this useless race you have to finish to get to the next important part i.e. university. (Again this might not be very motivating at all because I'm not very good at this haha but) You can start bit by it, knowing that every goal you tick off your list will be a step closer to A2 and a step away from the start line, even just the tiniest bit of work to get you going.

I didn't leave much time for my "AS" (I'm not from the UK so my AS exams might have been a bit different) exams and kind of left the studying till the last minute, which I regret, but I still did very well. You on the other hand probably have a month or so left. Think of how the As you can secure by working for a full month. But don't look it as a whole thing you need to overcome because it gets overwhelming. Say you have this subsection within a section within a module that you want to get rid of. Start it. Slowly slowly, even in 15 minute periods, till you get rid of it. Then you'll see how happy you feel by ticking it off your specification. It'll take a while to start to feel good but once it does, you'll find a rhythm and you'll keep going. :wink: Sometimes I find it's not really the motivation you need, it's discipline. :colondollar:

(I'm sorry I'm not very helpful haha I'm still figuring out myself)

I needed this advice last year before i got CCE at AS
Original post by dariacramzy
Most unis require at least a pass in your core subjects and the subject you intend to study. Some 'higher' unis may even require an A. For eg Bath requires an A in maths GCSE to study Psychology.

GCSEs are important but don't stress too much over them, the best thing to do is practice past papers (seriously, that's what I based my revision on and got really good grades)

I think GCSEs are mostly important for building up and getting used to working, something you'll really need for A levels.

Thanks kinda relieved some stress.
I need AAB to get into the Uni i want to, but im failing ICT. :< I dont even want to do it anymore bc i feel like i dont know anything. I just feel so demotivated.
Original post by YumnaZaeem
I need AAB to get into the Uni i want to, but im failing ICT. :< I dont even want to do it anymore bc i feel like i dont know anything. I just feel so demotivated.

thats how i feel about chemistry and maths s1 and c4.
Original post by kkboyk
Are you allowing yourself to get motivated, or just dismissing every motivational stuff to be demotivated?

love me
Reply 97
Original post by Wolftablet
thats how i feel about chemistry and maths s1 and c4.

I felt the same about maths but i decided to not to give in. I go and see the head of maths every single dinner time and by every dinner I mean every dinner time. Once you start and things become more clear you don't mind dedicating to it.
Hi guys, I'm so demotivated, but at the same time really stressed and worried.

I've got 8 exams coming up in June, and I've only fully completed revision for 2 of the exams. I've set a target to finish all content revision by the end of April, but now that seems like such a tough target because that means I've got 6 exams to revise for in 30 days alongside past papers for the other 2.

I panic sometimes and feel really worried/helpless. What should I do? Is my situation salvageable?
Reply 99
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
love me

Okay :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest