The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VotreAltesse
Of course I'll still complain, I'm only human :biggrin:

The fact you will still complain about something when you have no intention to change it, which you don't by not bothering to vote is intellectually redundant and ridiculous. If its not that, it is just pure laziness on your part.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beyknowles
My friend said this to me about half hour ago. I won't be able to complain because I am oblivious as to what goes on in the world of politics.

At least you wont complain I guess, but it doesn't take much to educate yourself on the matter
Original post by Jack22031994
At least you wont complain I guess, but it doesn't take much to educate yourself on the matter

How much do you know about Korean Pop? And can you explain to me what different approaches are taken by Psychologists to understand human behaviour and the human mind?

We're not all interested in everything
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Anyone who isn't voting - honestly, why? People fought for the right of ordinary men and women to vote. You do them a disservice by not even going to spoil your ballot.

I don't care if you go along and spoil your ballot, writing 'none of you are good enough' or anything like that. Just go along and VOTE.

There's nothing wrong with not voting you if you don't see anything worth voting for. That's why I'm not voting. I don't see anything genuine. Go moan at the people who aren't going to vote simply because they cba. If you have a good reason not to vote, then so what.
The UK is certainly important to me, but I've never been interested in Politics ... And as a dual nationality holder, I won't be voting in France any time soon either.

Ask me anything, but keep it considerate thank you.

You may not think it matters but every vote counts. Also your vote could make a huge difference towards you and your family-you never know.

Obviously changes can't happen over night but at least things will improve little by little.
Original post by beyknowles
How much do you know about Korean Pop? And can you explain to me what different approaches are taken by Psychologists to understand human behaviour and the human mind?

We're not all interested in everything

The difference is, unlike your two examples, politics literally affects every aspect of your daily life so you should at least have a basic understanding and interest
If you don't vote then for the next 5 years you have no right to complain about immigration, taxes, the NHS, student funding, levels of policing, nuclear weapons or any of the thousands of other areas to which the government of the day allocates resources (mostly raised from taxes from us, the population). If you're honestly ok with that and you genuinely don't care who's in power then at least make the effort to go and spoil your vote. It's now easier than ever to vote, you can even get a postal vote so you don't have to get to a polling station on the day. It annoys and offends me that some people are too lazy even to do that.
Original post by Duncan2012
If you don't vote then for the next 5 years you have no right to complain about immigration, taxes, the NHS, student funding, levels of policing, nuclear weapons or any of the thousands of other areas to which the government of the day allocates resources (mostly raised from taxes from us, the population). If you're honestly ok with that and you genuinely don't care who's in power then at least make the effort to go and spoil your vote. It's now easier than ever to vote, you can even get a postal vote so you don't have to get to a polling station on the day. It annoys and offends me that some people are too lazy even to do that.

Nothing can stop me complaining about all that, it's human nature :smile:
Original post by Novascope
There's nothing wrong with not voting you if you don't see anything worth voting for. That's why I'm not voting. I don't see anything genuine. Go moan at the people who aren't going to vote simply because they cba. If you have a good reason not to vote, then so what.

I share your view, there is no one and nothing there that makes me want to vote :s-smilie:
Same. There's zero point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I share your view, there is no one and nothing there that makes me want to vote :s-smilie:

At the end of the day, most of these parties make promises they never fulfil. So what's the point in getting your hopes up for something that'll never happen? haha
Original post by Jack22031994
The fact you will still complain about something when you have no intention to change it, which you don't by not bothering to vote is intellectually redundant and ridiculous. If its not that, it is just pure laziness on your part.

You seem pretty backward to me ... :dontknow:
Original post by Novascope
At the end of the day, most of these parties make promises they never fulfil. So what's the point in getting your hopes up for something that'll never happen? haha

I get so much lip from people I know at University when I let them know I'm not voting ... I don't see the issue :confused:
I get so much lip from people I know at University when I let them know I'm not voting ... I don't see the issue :confused:

Read these:

http://www.votingcounts.org.uk/why-should-you-vote.html

Stop reading after this:

We live in a democracy - We have the right to vote for whoever we want to in free and fair elections, many other countries do not allow its citizens this right.

Democracy also allows me the right to choose not to vote. I'm sure you don't want to dictate me to :smile:
Reply 35
you're allowed to vote in two countries?
that should not be allowed
The UK is certainly important to me, but I've never been interested in Politics ... And as a dual nationality holder, I won't be voting in France any time soon either.

Ask me anything, but keep it considerate thank you.

Why not submit a blank/void vote? Draw a penis on the sheet or something, it still gets counted - it just shows you are not interested in anyone's policies.
Original post by Castro Saint
Why not submit a blank/void vote? Draw a penis on the sheet or something, it still gets counted - it just shows you are not interested in anyone's policies.

How about you do that? :smile:
Original post by sdotd
you're allowed to vote in two countries?
that should not be allowed

Why not?
You seem pretty backward to me ... :dontknow:

Could you explain how that is in anyway backward?

Latest