The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by esrioasaoirse
Any other joint honours applicants freaking out? I thought they'd have most of them out before yesterday!

yes! i applied to sociology and social anthropology and still not heard back. so nervous!! are you scottish? how did you do in your highers? i don't know whether its because of my grades or something which is why its taking so long! x
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Robie96
Yes, me. I applied for History&Politics :smile: You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

English lit and French! The wait is absolutely agonizing :s-smilie:
Original post by laratomkins12345
yes! i applied to sociology and social anthropology and still not heard back. so nervous!! are you scottish? how did you do in your highers? i don't know whether its because of my grades or something which is why its taking so long! x

When did you apply? I applied back at the start of December but Im not even sure that makes much of a difference. Im sooo anxious! I'm actually Irish so my grades are for the Irish Leaving Cert but Im predicted AAABBB and the requirement is BBBBB so I dont know where I stand! x
Original post by TKCD77
I was wondering if anyone has received an offer/rejection in the afternoon or evening. Do they only send out replies in the morning?

My friends received emails at the closing time of the office and even on Friday! Btw Ive applied to Russian-politics and philosophy-politics and I still have to hear back. Hope today is the right day

Posted from TSR Mobile
26 March 2015
12:46 - email prompt to check UCAS.
Received laughably low conditional offer to study law at Edinburgh. Almost offensively low? Don't they think I can do better?
Reply 2465
Just got an offer for social work, suprisingly with no interview, I was beginning to lose hope as I thought one would be required
Original post by Bc99
I think it's all times of the day but nothing before 10 or after 6. Nothing on Friday either! What are you waiting for?

Thanks! I'm waiting for Russian Studies and Spanish :smile:
Original post by esrioasaoirse
Any other joint honours applicants freaking out? I thought they'd have most of them out before yesterday!

Russian Studies and Spanish here :smile:
Original post by Cosimo96
My friends received emails at the closing time of the office and even on Friday! Btw Ive applied to Russian-politics and philosophy-politics and I still have to hear back. Hope today is the right day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the info. Well, we have Russian in common, let's see if we hear something today...
Not sure how offer system works over there. Should I be offended/embarrassed for receiving an unconditional offer? Not sure if its a good or bad thing. -The dumb american
Original post by oliwialidia
Thank you! Have you hear yet? 😊

Sadly, no I'm still waiting. 😣
Original post by doyle96
Not sure how offer system works over there. Should I be offended/embarrassed for receiving an unconditional offer? Not sure if its a good or bad thing. -The dumb american

It's good. Very good. :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by doyle96

LOL. No, you should be flattered. It's a recognition of your high academic and personal worth. It means Edinburgh really, really likes you. Like Sally Anne Field.
Original post by senorchang
26 March 2015
12:46 - email prompt to check UCAS.
Received laughably low conditional offer to study law at Edinburgh. Almost offensively low? Don't they think I can do better?

All you have done on this tread is complain.

You should be happy they have made you an offer and a low conditional at that but are you ? no. If it is so offensive to you then don't accept it

How is it offensive anyway ? They want you and have given you a low off to show that. If that offends you then maybe you need to toughen up a bit :wink:

There are lots of people still waiting to hear and desperate to get an offer of any kind and would be happily swop places with you.
Original post by watchingyouwatch
All you have done on this tread is complain.

You should be happy they have made you an offer and a low conditional at that but are you ? no. If it is so offensive to you then don't accept it

How is it offensive anyway ? They want you and have given you a low off to show that. If that offends you then maybe you need to toughen up a bit :wink:

There are lots of people still waiting to hear and desperate to get an offer of any kind and would be happily swop places with you.

I suspect you have actually received a rejection from Edinburgh - surely the calibre of person they're looking for would have worked out what a low offer signifies?!
Original post by DebraMiller51
I suspect you have actually received a rejection from Edinburgh - surely the calibre of person they're looking for would have worked out what a low offer signifies?!

:confused:
Did anyone apply to English Panguage and Literature? If so, did you hear back yet? I'm so freaking anxious!! Heard back from all universities except Edinburgh. Hope some of you gets offers before the weekend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hildegardium
Did anyone apply to English Panguage and Literature? If so, did you hear back yet? I'm so freaking anxious!! Heard back from all universities except Edinburgh. Hope some of you gets offers before the weekend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Language* whaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do they not give offers on Fridays?
Original post by Hildegardium

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know Panguage was a typo, but it still made me laugh :smile: So thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending