The Student Room Group

Are females more calmer than males?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mancini
Here I am claiming in the west certainly Britain and USA. If you want you can check the latest bbc update on I can't post it now on my mobile, will inbox you. Won't be surprised if it's the same in countries like China. This is not to pit males against females just talking facts which can and have been backed up. Males have much more pressures whether in adolescent years or middle aged, right now there was a spike in man around there 40s who have gone through this. Will update you later if you don't mind.

Not sure whether I agree with this. How can we objectively measure the experience of "pressure"? It's difficult because it's such an subjective term.
I think there's probably a certain age range that experience more pressures, as opposed to a particular gender. (eg Perhaps adolescents, with education requirements.)
Original post by Anonymous
Ok well how would a female react then?

Stay quiet for a few hours, gossip about you to all her friends once she gets home. Continue passive-aggressive behaviour and back stabbing for the next month, but will still smile to your face.
Reply 42
Original post by Emily.97
Not sure whether I agree with this. How can we objectively measure the experience of "pressure"? It's difficult because it's such an subjective term.
I think there's probably a certain age range that experience more pressures, as opposed to a particular gender. (eg Perhaps adolescents, with education requirements.)

Well I'm not here to force feed information down your throat but if you are genuinely interested check a guy called Dr Warren Pharrell he wrote a book and done research around this. Book title is ' The myth of male power' he also has YouTube videos on the matter. He has academic research and I believe in it, hence why I wrote that.
Reply 43

I missed that last pont you wrote ' perhaps adolescents, with education requirements' no need to take a dig at special needs community. Also no that's not who I speak about, I am speaking normal ordinary men and boys who can't stand the pressures put upon them in ordinary life because of the pressures put on the simply for being born with a penis. Check out the author I wrote to you about and you will find your deeper explanation. If you even care to find out.
It's entirely the other way around. I'm always calm, chilled and relaxed. A lot of females I've seen are prone to frequent, sudden and unexpected tantrums where they become bitchy and make a big deal out of things. Not me though, I'm not into that. It's very off-putting. That's why it's really frustrating to be involved in relationships with women, they're very annoying. Men are so much easier to get on with, no headache no stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mancini
I missed that last pont you wrote ' perhaps adolescents, with education requirements' no need to take a dig at special needs community. Also no that's not who I speak about, I am speaking normal ordinary men and boys who can't stand the pressures put upon them in ordinary life because of the pressures put on the simply for being born with a penis. Check out the author I wrote to you about and you will find your deeper explanation. If you even care to find out.

Whose rattled your cage?

Do not tell me that I was making a dig at the 'special needs' community. I was referring to any adolescent, regardless of the level of ability they may have. Being expected to achieve a certain grade in an exam, for example, is a pressure that many adolescents experience.

There isn't a need to A. Be rude, and B. make unfair assumptions.
Reply 46
Whose rattled your cage?

Do not tell me that I was making a dig at the 'special needs' community. I was referring to any adolescent, regardless of the level of ability they may have. Being expected to achieve a certain grade in an exam, for example, is a pressure that many adolescents experience.

Hello Emily

A. I wasn't rude B. It was a fair assumption considering what you wrote C. The issue is important to me so if I feel someone is making light of it don't blame me if I reply bluntly.
Original post by Mancini
Hello Emily

A. I wasn't rude B. It was a fair assumption considering what you wrote C. The issue is important to me so if I feel someone is making light of it don't blame me if I reply bluntly.

You most certainly was rude.
It was an unfair assumption. Saying that there is pressure on adolescents because of education requirements (eg you must get a particular grade for this subject) does not mean that I am referring to a 'special needs' community. You misinterpreted what I had said, and rather than asking for clarification, you assumed, and put words in to my mouth.
Oh, another assumption that I am 'making light' of the topic.
In what way do you mean? Clam is in not angry, panicky, stressed?

I'm not sure I would say either is more so, I think it's more of an individual thing. I have noticed in a lot of incidents where there is something wrong with a family member or loved one that causes them to go to hospital, the men often are less able to 'hold it together' than the women though. But I stress if I am late to anything whereas my male friend seems to be a lot more chilled about it and doesn't care...

Yeah, I think it's more down to the individual and the environment they are in ahaa
Reply 49
You most certainly was rude.
It was an unfair assumption. Saying that there is pressure on adolescents because of education requirements (eg you must get a particular grade for this subject) does not mean that I am referring to a 'special needs' community. You misinterpreted what I had said, and rather than asking for clarification, you assumed, and put words in to my mouth.
Oh, another assumption that I am 'making light' of the topic.

I stand by my first response that I was not being rude,it was an educated assumption in what you meant. Apologies for the misunderstanding,however,this was not entirely my fault.

Here is the BBC link with the claims of a suicide risk in males dated 19 february 2015
for you and anyone interested.

I like you Emily, so gonna try not to go on this back and forth ping pong match with you not here for that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31533551

Here is a link to Dr Warren Farrell ,just realised I mispelled his surname earlier

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Farrell

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warren-Farrell/e/B000APKITS
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 50
Men are calmer.
Reply 51
Whose rattled your cage?

Why did you say to him "whose rattled your cage?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're talking low level anxiety then I'd say men are calmer.
Men seem much more likely to lose their temper rather than show signs of worry/anxiety.
depends how you define calm.
Reply 53
Original post by Eveiebaby
If you're talking low level anxiety then I'd say men are calmer.
Men seem much more likely to lose their temper rather than show signs of worry/anxiety.
depends how you define calm.

How do u define "calm"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
How do u define "calm"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone who both isn't anxious or quick tempered.
Reply 55
Someone who both isn't anxious or quick tempered.

Are you personally your definition of "calm"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elliebeanie
In what way do you mean? Clam is in not angry, panicky, stressed?

I'm not sure I would say either is more so, I think it's more of an individual thing. I have noticed in a lot of incidents where there is something wrong with a family member or loved one that causes them to go to hospital, the men often are less able to 'hold it together' than the women though. But I stress if I am late to anything whereas my male friend seems to be a lot more chilled about it and doesn't care...

Yeah, I think it's more down to the individual and the environment they are in ahaa

Hmm, I think girls more chilled still lol
Original post by BB1523
Are you personally your definition of "calm"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rarely lose my temper although it's funny when I do. Once I threatened to put my head through the TV and threw a level 10 toddler tantrum on the sofa.

I'm more of a worrier to be honest. I think that's a different state of uncalm to someone who flies off the handle at everything.
Reply 58
I rarely lose my temper although it's funny when I do. Once I threatened to put my head through the TV and threw a level 10 toddler tantrum on the sofa.

I'm more of a worrier to be honest. I think that's a different state of uncalm to someone who flies off the handle at everything.

Wtf lol, what annoyed u that much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB1523
Wtf lol, what annoyed u that much?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The post office rejected my application for passport 4 times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending