The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
Nah, thats bull**** imo. Who in their right minds would choose to go to spurs over us :lol:

Besides, he was quoted saying that he'll leave if soton don't get a champions league place. I doubt he would go to spurs, who will not be in the champions league either.

Soton > Spurs

Arsenal it is :cool:

Arsenal not guarenteed CL yet either.
Original post by SA-1
Nah, thats bull**** imo. Who in their right minds would choose to go to spurs over us :lol:

Besides, he was quoted saying that he'll leave if soton don't get a champions league place. I doubt he would go to spurs, who will not be in the champions league either.

Soton > Spurs

Arsenal it is :cool:

I doubt we were actually in for sncheirderlin. Papers like to make that story up because hes a French international and what with the world cup going on it sounded convincing. If we wanted sncheiderlin no doubt we would have got him. Spurs probably did go for him and it makes sense because he's following his old manager Pochettino.

Anyways Liverpool, even UTD could be in for him this summer. I don't see him in an arsenal shirt next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia
Schneiderlin looks way better than he actually is because of Wanyama. Would rather him tbh, we need a defensive player who is happy to sit back and still be able to transition defense into offense. Schneiderlin would probably play more like Ramsey, where he has defensive contributions, but he spends more time in their half than ours.
That is terrible analysis of how Southampton play. Wanayama plays a far more limited and passive role than Schneiderlin in their system. Schneiderlin makes more tackles and interceptions per game than Wanyama, and he keeps the ball better, and he makes more key passes, and he makes more passes in a game. Unless you are looking for a pure destroyer, Schneiderlin is the superior player.

Original post by AR_95
even UTD could be in for him this summer.
I haven't heard anything, and it probably more likely Fellaini's role will be the one we look to replace but Schneiderlin would be brilliant for us. We're going to need a Carrick replacement and Blind doesn't really fit the bill.
Original post by Fizzel
That is terrible analysis of how Southampton play. Wanayama plays a far more limited and passive role than Schneiderlin in their system. Schneiderlin makes more tackles and interceptions per game than Wanyama, and he keeps the ball better, and he makes more key passes, and he makes more passes in a game. Unless you are looking for a pure destroyer, Schneiderlin is the superior player.

I haven't heard anything, and it probably more likely Fellaini's role will be the one we look to replace but Schneiderlin would be brilliant for us. We're going to need a Carrick replacement and Blind doesn't really fit the bill.

Yeah I wasn't basing it on paper gossip but more that he'd actually be a good fit for several top sides atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Utd wouldn't go for Schneiderlin/Wanyama :lol:
Original post by Dirtybit
Utd wouldn't go for Schneiderlin/Wanyama :lol:

As Fizzel said he'd be a long term Carrick replacement. He's got good vision and a good understanding of the game, positionally very good and his range of passing is also good too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29544/

Guy averages near 4 tackles and 3 interceptions a game, incredible stats. He'd be pricey and in any case we have other priorities right now but I'd take him in a flash.
Original post by Depleted
As Fizzel said he'd be a long term Carrick replacement. He's got good vision and a good understanding of the game, positionally very good and his range of passing is also good too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29544/

Guy averages near 4 tackles and 3 interceptions a game, incredible stats. He'd be pricey and in any case we have other priorities right now but I'd take him in a flash.

You rate him more than Matic?

Isn't he more B2B than a strict DM?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit

Isn't he more B2B than a strict DM?

There's no such thing as a "strict DM" nowadays, certainly at big teams. We don't need a destroyer anyway, if we're playing with someone like Fellaini who's a physical B2B player we need someone who can transition our play and distribute the ball well, and who has a good reading of the game positionally to split passing lanes/nullify attacks. Carrick does all of this but he's getting on a bit. Schneiders does all of this too.
Khedira confirms he's leaving Madrid upon his contract expiry in the Summer, he's been linked with Arsenal, Bayern Munich & Schalke
Reply 5649
Original post by TornadoGR4
Khedira confirms he's leaving Madrid upon his contract expiry in the Summer, he's been linked with Arsenal, Bayern Munich & Schalke

Some reports suggest that he's signed a deal with a german team already.

Would be a shame if he goes to Schalke
There are reports that Cavani may be available for 22m. These are fake stories right?
Al94 and pronoob dupes or just 12 years old

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god. Please No..
Original post by The Shed End
Arsenal not guarenteed CL yet either.

i swear all you do is try to piss people off.

You are the Piers Morgan of TSR
Original post by Stefano93

Oh god. Please No..

Home kit looks quite vintage. It's the alternative kit I'm distressed about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Al94 and pronoob dupes or just 12 years old

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean I'm 21 in May older than you
Original post by Dr. Django
i swear all you do is try to piss people off.

You are the Piers Morgan of TSR

How the hell is pointing something factual out 'trying to piss people off'?

God's sake the Arsenal fans on this thread are pathetically delicate little fairies, can't take banter and accuse other people of things their not doing because they're too thick to differentiate between things.
Uh oh

uploadfromtaptalk1427391795721.jpg
Original post by AR_95
Wanayama is the biggest shower of ****e in the league Ffs, only reason he looks good is because he's tall and black.

We dont need a big presence in midfield, that's an utter myth and we already have Coquelin for that. We need a ball distributor, someone who can slow down play or spread out passes as we struggle to transition from one end to the other when being pressed against.

Standards of the Arsenal fan go down every year, my God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah man, remember when people were pining for diame

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest