The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Primary Education presentation and interview - Lancaster

Hi, I have my interview and presentation on Wednesday 28th January and was just wondering what the day consists of. I'm not worrying too much about the interview but more the presentation. Could you tell me a some of the things I should expect during my presentation.

Many thanks

Amelia

Scroll to see replies

From what I know you are shown where to go then the group splits up, one group does their written test whilst the other does the mini-teach and then goes on a campus tour, then you swap over and then after lunch you have your individual interviews then it's home time.

Original post by ameliaMgostage
Hi, I have my interview and presentation on Wednesday 28th January and was just wondering what the day consists of. I'm not worrying too much about the interview but more the presentation. Could you tell me a some of the things I should expect during my presentation.

Many thanks

Amelia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Is this for the pgce or the degree? What I just said is for the pgce then it dawned on me it may not be that you're doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danposmaytee
Is this for the pgce or the degree? What I just said is for the pgce then it dawned on me it may not be that you're doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the degree
Reply 4
Hey, can you tell what it was like please? Got my interview tomorrow super nervous!!
Regards,
Matthew
Original post by Dodgezy
Hey, can you tell what it was like please? Got my interview tomorrow super nervous!!
Regards,
Matthew

Hi, basically we had this talk that lasts for about half an hour. After that the parents are sent to a different room and assessors come in, your names are read out in groups then you go off with which two assessors you have been allocated with. You all go into this room then in your groups you sit around this table and fill in this form. After all that you just start talking about your resource. Make sure you talk about how and why you think it could be used to support learning and not just what the resource is. Also be prepared for questions. Trust me everyone was nervous, it's understandable but everybody there is very nice and supportive. Good luck hope it goes well, let me know how it went! :smile:
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has applied to do the BA Hons in Primary Education with QTS at the lancaster campus? 4year course
I had an interview on the 11th feb.

Hope there is someone else other than me!*
Original post by sarahlee2493
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has applied to do the BA Hons in Primary Education with QTS at the lancaster campus? 4year course
I had an interview on the 11th feb.

Hope there is someone else other than me!*

Hey!

Yes! I have firmed that course :') I'm a little bit apprehensive though, I'm worried I've chosen the wrong Uni... Are you nervous?
Original post by LucyAmelia
Hey!

Yes! I have firmed that course :') I'm a little bit apprehensive though, I'm worried I've chosen the wrong Uni... Are you nervous?

Hi, yes im very nervous. Was ur interview in feb too?
No, my interview was just before Christmas! I have my QTS Skills Test (Literacy) on Thursday :// Have you done yours yet?

Also,have you looked into accommodation or anything yet?
No, my interview was just before Christmas! I have my QTS Skills Test (Literacy) on Thursday :// Have you done yours yet?

Also,have you looked into accommodation or anything yet?

Aw really are u prepared for them? Mines is on the 22nd of may.. no not yet have u? X
ehh not really... but the English doesn't seem too hard - it's the maths I'm worried about!

Good luck!!
ehh not really... but the English doesn't seem too hard - it's the maths I'm worried about!

Good luck!!

Good luck to :smile:
Reply 13
Have you got any recommendations on how to revise for the literacy skills test? I've already taken it once passed my maths but failed my English by 2 marks! really want to pass second time but just need some extra tips on what to do to help me thanks.
I've not really done much.. but there is a website that you can register with that has some online practice tests. I found the more I do the better my score. Maybe you could try that? The link is:

http://sta.education.gov.uk/professional-skills-tests/literacy-skills-tests

Or could you revise the area that you struggle with most? Maybe go on the TES website where they have common spelling mistakes.

I suck at maths, I only just scraped by with my GCSE maths! Have you got any tips on how I can revise for that?
Thank you :')
Reply 15
Thanks. With maths you need to be able to use your timetables, revise percentages and fractions. And then just practice loads of different questions, the more you practice and do different questions the more prepared you will be. Hope that helps
Hi :smile: have u any clue about accommodation? Which one is best etc. Im so lost in all this, I made cumbria my firm choice super nervous :frown: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahlee2493
Hi :smile: have u any clue about accommodation? Which one is best etc. Im so lost in all this, I made cumbria my firm choice super nervous :frown: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've made Cumbria my firm choice too! Tbh its my only choice. Apparently Waddell Hall is good for first years but I still have no clue :frown: x
How do u apply for accommodation? :smile:
Apparently, once you've accepted your offer you receive an accommodation application. I accepted mine a while ago but have received nothing :/ so I think I might contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending