The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

who's going to the offer holders day on april 1st?
Original post by nikhi123

I don't know anything about this!!! Did they email you?
Original post by georgiahinch
I don't know anything about this!!! Did they email you?

They emailed me with like the first two but then stopped even though I hadn't booked a visit day :s-smilie: maybe phone them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

yeah i am :smile:
Original post by blissfully
yeah i am :smile:

See you then. Accommodation tour as well? I signed up for it. But now I don't see the point
See you then. Accommodation tour as well? I signed up for it. But now I don't see the point

yep accommodation your too haha, can't remember what time I signed up for and why do you not see the point for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yep accommodation your too haha, can't remember what time I signed up for and why do you not see the point for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well there's only Horton halls as far as I know. I need to stay there whether I like it or not. I'm more excited to know more about the course and the uni. It says on your email doesn't it. Mine said get there at 11 if you've booked accommodation tour
well there's only Horton halls as far as I know. I need to stay there whether I like it or not. I'm more excited to know more about the course and the uni. It says on your email doesn't it. Mine said get there at 11 if you've booked accommodation tour

I thought they all said 11am by default oops and I wasn't aware of that

I actually don't have any intention of going to sgul but my parents insist I check it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought they all said 11am by default oops and I wasn't aware of that

I actually don't have any intention of going to sgul but my parents insist I check it out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sgul is my only one so far. Still waiting for Liverpool and qub to reply. Just curious, why do you not want to go sgul?
Sgul is my only one so far. Still waiting for Liverpool and qub to reply. Just curious, why do you not want to go sgul?

i have offers from my other choices which I prefer - London isn't my favourite location and Tooting isn't very nice tbh

I'm also waiting for QUB too :biggrin:
Just Firmed SGUL! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I have my interview coming up in April and I'm wondering how formal the interview is?
I've had two interviews so far and both have been really chilled and fun...even made jokes with the interviewers.
I was going through the pdfs sgul sent us and it specifically says 'no jokes'
So that may be a bit awkward for me!
Original post by tealover96
Hey guys I have my interview coming up in April and I'm wondering how formal the interview is?
I've had two interviews so far and both have been really chilled and fun...even made jokes with the interviewers.

i've had 4 interviews and never made a joke in any of them - maybe casual small talk after answering the question but all of mine were pretty serious
i've had 4 interviews and never made a joke in any of them - maybe casual small talk after answering the question but all of mine were pretty serious

Okayy yeah thats what I thought
I got offers from my other two so the jokes can't have been that bad I guess!
(edited 9 years ago)

I made my interviewer chuckle with a joke, so i say go for it!
Original post by Jaska

I'd say just be yourself, if you have a good sense of humour then it should be okay! I just thought IT was weird they didn't really say anything but nod haha
Original post by Jaska

I'd say just be yourself, if you have a good sense of humour then it should be okay! I just thought IT was weird they didn't really say anything but nod haha

Great thanks!
Sounds like this mmi is different to my other one as the interview talked a lot as they had cues and a list of points they needed to get through
Whereas at sgul like, it looks like it's just us talking and the interviewer silently observing
I think I'll keep the jokes to a minimum!
For those who have offers from SGUL join here boys and girls we need more of you lots! :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615724618658011/
Great thanks!
Sounds like this mmi is different to my other one as the interview talked a lot as they had cues and a list of points they needed to get through
Whereas at sgul like, it looks like it's just us talking and the interviewer silently observing
I think I'll keep the jokes to a minimum!

You'll be great! I missed the point in one of mine so all she did was wait until I finished and then repeated the question, but all seemed okay!
You'll be great! I missed the point in one of mine so all she did was wait until I finished and then repeated the question, but all seemed okay!

Thank you! :smile:
And well done on your offer seems like you really deserved it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending