The Student Room Group

Feel like my mum doesnt understand how hard it is?

Basically i got my mock results BCD in Psychology,Eng Lit and Economics.My mum wasnt too peeved off with Economics and Psychology as it was an improvement on my previous results.I know i have to put in the extra work to pass economics.But instead she just ranted at me for english literature which i view as unfair since in one half of the exam i got a B and the other half i must have got a low C-bearing in mind that my teacher for the second section of my english exam hasnt taught me the structure of that section or even fgiven us model answer at all...now my mum has started to say things like "youve gone down/become lazy" since I got a A for Eng Lang and B for eng lit....any ideas how to move on from here...i feel really angry with her since i feel like she doesnt understand that i was bound to dip in my english results...she seems to think that i should somehow be maintaining an A grade...
Reply 1
Print out a past paper and tell her to sit down and do it, in exam conditions. Tell you expect oxbridge standards

Real advice: Do not let it get to you, how proud your parents are should effect you. However, if they are negative about it and you feel like it would worsen your grades: Just adapt to it and carry on what your doing :smile:
I wasted my time coming to this thread, from the title of the post i thought it was going to be a thread about "my first erection"
Reply 3
Original post by blue n white army
I wasted my time coming to this thread, from the title of the post i thought it was going to be a thread about "my first erection"

lol
I know exactly how you feel. My parents will always go on a huge rant every time I get a bad grade in my exams. Also she would always compare me to my cousins as they were super smart, which made me feel like crap all the time. No matter how hard I tried, I just could never impress my parents. However, I soon learned not to care what my parents said anymore about my grades. I would just block out all the negative criticism from my parents, because it just didn't matter anymore. I only focused on what I wanted to achieve, and how I was going to achieve it. Don't waste your time trying to get your parents to understand how you feel, because it simply isn't worth it and you will just get more frustrated and angry. If they don't understand how you feel, that is their problem! Not yours! Give it everything you have for the upcoming exams this year and ignore all negativity around you. Good Luck :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I was a lazy arse when it came to exams. Fortunately, I managed to muddle through somehow. Your mum only cares about you and that you do your very best and she is right. So you have a choice either:-

1. You take it on the chin, ignore her and get on with your life with her as a background noise.
2. You appear to take her advice and be seen to be putting the effort in but do your own thing anyway.
3. Take her advice on board, knuckle down and kick some ass come exam time.

I will guarantee that you will regret doing points 1 and 2 in later life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending