The Student Room Group

Girls, do you expect guys to make the first move?

Poll

Girls, do you expect guys to make the first move?

Just wondering...

Scroll to see replies

99.99999% of girls expect this. Haven't spoke to you in a while haha, how's it going?
Make the first move in terms of indicating an interest in somebody, of starting a conversation, or..?

Whatever it is you're referring to, absolutely not.
Most girls do

Any girls who say otherwise are probably lying
Reply 4
I made the first move on my boyfriend, so no I don't expect that.
Reply 5
Not really. I definitely made the first move on my now husband. I
If I thought the guy was interested but hadn't yet made a move, I might make a move but honestly I don't think I would unless I really really liked them. I'd much rather they did.
Yes or nothing will happen.
are you for real?

of course girls expect this and it's social norm so girls don't respect guys for it.
Not a fan of making the first move because Im pretty certain they don't like me that way haha
It depends. I would only make the first move on someone absolutely amazing and beautiful that I cannot see myself living without and even then only after being friends.

Anyone else I wouldn't. Sorry that's just my opinion.
Nope. I've made the first move numerous times.
more often than not, but if it's someone I'm really interested in then I'll make the first move.
I don't expect a guy to, but I'm really shy so I would like them to. :redface: I would make the first move if nothing was happening, though I would be apprehensive to do so.
Original post by drowzee
I don't expect a guy to, but I'm really shy so I would like them to. :redface: I would make the first move if nothing was happening, though I would be apprehensive to do so.

Pretty much this. Though equally, being bisexual, I would want the same from a girl as well as a guy, so it's less about gender as it is about my own personality; I find it difficult to read people and would have no idea whether someone was interested in me or not without it being made very explicit. (I had no idea my current partner was interested in my until he just went for it and kissed me!)
Truthfully I would expect the guy to make the first move. With me and my bf, it was joint thing, we both made moves but he was the one who ultimately asked me out.
the girls needs to show some kind of signal for the guy to seal the deal

so yes and no
I don't expect them to but I'd hope they would because I doubt I'd make the first move

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Multitalented me
Just wondering...

there is no such thing as "the first move". successful interactions require mutual interest.

thus, it is a meaningless question.
Reply 19
Original post by bittr n swt
are you for real?

of course girls expect this and it's social norm so girls don't respect guys for it.

Yet only 1 more girl in the poll results say they'd expect this and already we see a few girls in the thread who say they've made the move themselves before, so there really is no need for the patronising 'are you for real?', its clearly not that stupid a question and I've heard of girls making the move before too. The girls who expect guys to make the first move are still probably the majority, but its certainly not 99.99999% as the second poster says it is.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending