The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: I'm about to go out but if you're having trouble sleeping or whatever we can chat once I'm back? Not sure when that will be, that's the only thing... :s-smilie:

Thanks. :jumphug: If I freak out, I'll PM.
I'm meant to have drama rehearsal tonight but I really don't want to go because the person I know well and usually cling to for security isn't going to be there and I'll end up sitting awkwardly on my own and I don't want to do that :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
why are some uni lecturers so unsupportive about mental health conditions?

:frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Saw my psychiatrist and got prescribed a mood-stabilizer on top of everything else. I added them up; I'm now on 12 pills a day! That's more than my grandma and she's 89 :nothing:

I don't know if the psychiatrist thinks I'm bipolar or what.... :confused: Really should have asked. :colondollar:

Anyone here taken a mood-stabilizer?

Yeah I'm on Depakote (Semi Sodium Valproate). I got prescribed it during a manic episode and I still take it as I'm Schizoaffective Bipolar Type. Maybe ask next time you see your psych?
may or may not have met a duck of the purple variety today :ninja:
Original post by ScaryScience

Ooooh :biggrin: hes lovely isnt he!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Yeah I'm on Depakote (Semi Sodium Valproate). I got prescribed it during a manic episode and I still take it as I'm Schizoaffective Bipolar Type. Maybe ask next time you see your psych?

Does it work well for you?

My psychiatrist suggested depakote but I refused as I've only just lost the olanzapine weight and read that depakote can cause weight gain.

When I googled the drug I was prescribed there were very few links that talked about schizoaffective disorder (which was my diagnosis) which made me worry a fair bit. :s-smilie:
Original post by PandaWho
Ooooh :biggrin: hes lovely isnt he!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so lovely :h: How are you doing hun? :hugs:
so lovely :h: How are you doing hun? :hugs:

:smile:

Im ok i think, well i dunno cant remember when i ladt got dressed but ill be ok
How are you hun? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2

Spoiler

Spoiler

I hope that your recovery will be successful and I wish the best for you. I know that they can be a reminder of the darkest of moments but you must recall what you are now, and compare it to the state that you were then and be proud of the being you have become.

The sun might always be shining but it won't leave you behind.
Original post by PandaWho
:smile:

Im ok i think, well i dunno cant remember when i ladt got dressed but ill be ok
How are you hun? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, have you been able to relax at all though? I know what you mean, today was the first time that I'd gotten dressed in a while, was starting to get cabin fever I think. Is the asthma okay now you have your inhalers? :hugs: Yeah I'm not too bad thanks, a bit all over the place and pretty tired, but was nice to get out for a bit :h:

:eek: I hope you fed it some bread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I went for CBT assessment, now have to wait 4-6 weeks for first appointment

Came out of the assessment feeling worse than before ai went in though, loads more tearful and stuff. Questioning if I have social anxiety and depression, feeling I am just bothering people for no reason. They and GP have said this is normal. Assessment was over 2 appointments and the second one they told me I would find my anxiety spikes up and down throughout but then should level off towards the end. Its this that is making me feel can Ireally do this if I am going to feel worse before better

Then had an awful dream relating to it which woke me up terrified on the middle of the night. I was in this building site with these really really high ladders and I had to climb them (scared of heights) to get to CBT place and I ran away feeling scared. This is when I woke up terrified it was real
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
So I went for CBT assessment, now have to wait 4-6 weeks for first appointment

Came out of the assessment feeling worse than before ai went in though, loads more tearful and stuff. Questioning if I have social anxiety and depression, feeling I am just bothering people for no reason. They and GP have said this is normal. Assessment was over 2 appointments and the second one they told me I would find my anxiety spikes up and down throughout but then should level off towards the end. Its this that is making me feel can Ireally do this if I am going to feel worse before better

Then had an awful dream relating to it which woke me up terrified on the middle of the night. I was in this building site with these really really high ladders and I had to climb them (scared of heights) to get to CBT place and I ran away feeling scared. This is when I woke up terrified it was real

Hi. :smile:
I was diagnosed with moderate depression and underlying social anxiety disorder in a 90 minute assessment last Friday. They said I have to be screened for CBT. Can I maybe ask what kind of questions they asked during the screening?
Original post by CescaD96
Hi. :smile:
I was diagnosed with moderate depression and underlying social anxiety disorder in a 90 minute assessment last Friday. They said I have to be screened for CBT. Can I maybe ask what kind of questions they asked during the screening?

Sure :smile: at mine it was really asking a bit about how social anxiety and depression affects me. What medication if any I am on. Confirming doctors details. Confirming information I had written on the form I had to send into them

Then I had to fill a form in there rating my anxiety and stuff in different situations
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Sure :smile: at mine it was really asking a bit about how social anxiety and depression affects me. What medication if any I am on. Confirming doctors details. Confirming information I had written on the form I had to send into them

Then I had to fill a form in there rating my anxiety and stuff in different situations

Thank you. :smile: I reckon they'll know about my meds because I don't start them til next week.
Original post by Odd socks
:eek: I hope you fed it some bread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue: How are you lovely? :hugs:
Aww, have you been able to relax at all though? I know what you mean, today was the first time that I'd gotten dressed in a while, was starting to get cabin fever I think. Is the asthma okay now you have your inhalers? :hugs: Yeah I'm not too bad thanks, a bit all over the place and pretty tired, but was nice to get out for a bit :h:

Spent the majority of my time in bed either hiding or sleeping so i guess thats classed as resting :dontknow:
Yeah i often get cabin fever so try to force myself out when i can.
Yeah iv stopped wheezing pretty much so the brown inhaler is doing its job! Which im glad about!
Glad you had a good day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Does it work well for you?

My psychiatrist suggested depakote but I refused as I've only just lost the olanzapine weight and read that depakote can cause weight gain.

When I googled the drug I was prescribed there were very few links that talked about schizoaffective disorder (which was my diagnosis) which made me worry a fair bit. :s-smilie:

Yeah it's worked really well for me, no mania or hypomania since I've been on it, and no side effects to report, not even any weight gain.

Which drug have you been prescribed if you don't mind me asking?

How are you otherwise dude?
Original post by bullettheory
Yeah it's worked really well for me, no mania or hypomania since I've been on it, and no side effects to report, not even any weight gain.

Which drug have you been prescribed if you don't mind me asking?

How are you otherwise dude?

That's awesome! Glad to hear it's working so well for you. :smile:

I got prescribed Oxcarbazepine (Trileptal).

Otherwise...not so good if I'm honest. I'm running out of antipsychotics to try hence the mood-stabilizer instead :frown:

Latest