The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Sutton Bonington Freshers 2015!

Just thought I'd make a thread for anyone who has firmed a course at The University of Nottingham Sutton Bonington campus... could be a good way for us to find Flatmates/ other people on our course before September ... so yeah, I'm Hannah, my firm choice is MNutr Nutrition & Dietetics and my insurance is BSc Nutrition at SB, oh and I have booked my accomodation in Stanford too :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, My firm choice is Dietetics at Notts. I won't be living on campus though, plan to get a flat in Nottingham itself, but looking forward to getting involved with lots of things on the campus itself.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi, I havngton is se firmed Nottingham as my first choice for nutrition, can't decide whether to live at Sutton Bonington or on university campus just because Sutton Bonio far away from Nottingham itself.
Hey, my name is Hannah Penfold and I have firmed Nottingham for veterinary medicine at Sutton Bonington! Cannot wait to start in September and meet everyone! Don't know what my accommodation is because either I didn't read the form properly or I just haven't been told yet...oops :smile:
Reply 4
Hiiii, I'm Amy and I'm going to be studying Microbiology:smile: I've booked my accommodation in the Stanford block
Reply 5
Original post by AmyE-21
Hiiii, I'm Amy and I'm going to be studying Microbiology:smile: I've booked my accommodation in the Stanford block

I'm in the same block :smile: Which floor are you on?
Reply 6
Original post by hannahjune
I'm in the same block :smile: Which floor are you on?

That's so cool! Um I think mine says A06? is that what floor it's on? haha
Original post by AmyE-21

How do you know you're in the Stanford block? Mine just says flat A05 and I don't know what that means :/
Reply 8
Original post by AmyE-21

Mine says A16, and I think so, maybe the A part is the floor then the number is which 'flat' on that floor as there must be quite a few flats per floor.. that's only what I'm guessing it is though :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by HannahHamish
How do you know you're in the Stanford block? Mine just says flat A05 and I don't know what that means :/

On the map of the campus on the website, the Stanford block is A and then the number I think is what kind of flat you are so I think you're right next to mine!:smile:
Reply 10
Mine says A16, and I think so, maybe the A part is the floor then the number is which 'flat' on that floor as there must be quite a few flats per floor.. that's only what I'm guessing it is though :smile:

Ahhh, so I'm probably on the bottom floor and you'll be like the one above because you're like flat 16, A's just the Stanford block:smile:
Original post by AmyE-21
On the map of the campus on the website, the Stanford block is A and then the number I think is what kind of flat you are so I think you're right next to mine!:smile:

Ah thank you! That's awesome! :smile: so if I look at the map it will show me where I'm staying?
Reply 12
Original post by AmyE-21
Ahhh, so I'm probably on the bottom floor and you'll be like the one above because you're like flat 16, A's just the Stanford block:smile:

Oh right, and yeah that makes more sense! :smile:
Reply 13
Ah thank you! That's awesome! :smile: so if I look at the map it will show me where I'm staying?

You're welcome haha yeah! Stanford's right next to the main south entrance:smile: it shows where everything is
Original post by AmyE-21
You're welcome haha yeah! Stanford's right next to the main south entrance:smile: it shows where everything is

I just looked and I am literally right opposite the vet med building which is awesome! I think it's a bit of a shame the kitchen is only shared with 3 other people, do you think we'll be able to wander about and chill with other floors as well?
Reply 15
I just looked and I am literally right opposite the vet med building which is awesome! I think it's a bit of a shame the kitchen is only shared with 3 other people, do you think we'll be able to wander about and chill with other floors as well?

I don't see why not, I think there'll be a 'common room' for everyone to chill in too :smile:
Reply 16

That'll be really easy then for you hahaa and I don't mind that much, yeah probably I doubt they'd be that strict tbh
I don't see why not, I think there'll be a 'common room' for everyone to chill in too :smile:

Ah awesome, I'm really excited to start! Guess I'll see you guys in September!
Hey, my name is Hannah Penfold and I have firmed Nottingham for veterinary medicine at Sutton Bonington! Cannot wait to start in September and meet everyone! Don't know what my accommodation is because either I didn't read the form properly or I just haven't been told yet...oops :smile:

Another vet student- hello! I think I recognise you from the facebook page. (I'm Robyn just to put a face to a name! :smile: )

I've firmed Nottingham for veterinary medicine, really looking forward to September- it can't seem to come along fast enough! Mature student here, so I'll be living off campus and driving in.
Original post by Pixelbark
Another vet student- hello! I think I recognise you from the facebook page. (I'm Robyn just to put a face to a name! :smile: )

I've firmed Nottingham for veterinary medicine, really looking forward to September- it can't seem to come along fast enough! Mature student here, so I'll be living off campus and driving in.

Wooo nice to meet another Notts vet! That's cool that you're living off campus, I guess you'll get to know the area a bit more if you don't already :smile: I think I remember you from the Facebook group, that's my bible at the moment haha. I am so excited to start it's unreal!
Looking forward to meeting you in September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending