The Student Room Group

Anyone on to help with some S1 qs?

Mainly normal distribution Qs I'm confused on
You'll get help if you post some specific questions and your work so far on them. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
You'll get help if you post some specific questions and your work so far on them. :smile:

I've got a Q which my mind has gone blank on.. you can tell I'm not kidding cause I've done a few Qs on that page relating to the Q before it.
Original post by Coerce
I've got a Q which my mind has gone blank on.. you can tell I'm not kidding cause I've done a few Qs on that page relating to the Q before it.

What's the question then?
Reply 4
Original post by rayquaza17
What's the question then?

Reply 5
I do understand it may be a long winded question for oyu to write a solution to.. if you are aware of any sources ot get a solution for this of do let me know pls?
Reply 6
use x-mu/sigma
use the diagram of your normal distribution curve with the true statements noted on it - this will really help and jog your memory of how to work out everything normal distribution-wise.
I can work it out and give you the answers (I hope) if you'd like. Hopefully then you could work out the method from the answer?.
Reply 7
Original post by Jiiim
use x-mu/sigma
use the diagram of your normal distribution curve with the true statements noted on it - this will really help and jog your memory of how to work out everything normal distribution-wise.
I can work it out and give you the answers (I hope) if you'd like. Hopefully then you could work out the method from the answer?.

Yeah I'd prefer to visualise it :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Coerce
Yeah I'd prefer to visualise it :frown:

OK. How much work have you done on Normal Distribution so far? Try starting out with your curve then add in the lines that represent the probabilities given.

Apologies if I'm not making much sense - this sorta stuff is so much easier to do once you've been taught it, but very difficult (for me) to try to explain it.
Reply 9
Original post by Jiiim
OK. How much work have you done on Normal Distribution so far? Try starting out with your curve then add in the lines that represent the probabilities given.

Apologies if I'm not making much sense - this sorta stuff is so much easier to do once you've been taught it, but very difficult (for me) to try to explain it.

I'm tryin to self teach it - probs why I deem to be useless.
So is it 66 & 81 as the two (exl the median)
this whole Q has just got me confused..
Reply 10
b) ii) mu is 75
c) 1 - 0.1151 - 0.0359 = 0.849

Quick Reply

Latest