The Student Room Group

do u think football is overrated

Just askin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes it is or maybe is because im a guy and i dont like football :frown:
yes
**** football
I think people are overcrazed by it. It seems to have a lot of power over a lot of people, perhaps too many. I'm not a huge football fan at all, probably because my parents have no interest in football and my older brother is nine years older than me, and I'm not easily influenced by others. So I think from when I was young I never had any strong influence and lacking herd mentality, over the years since I didn't become attached to it. If you think about it, the best way to sell any product or idea is to influence people from when they are children. If you capture your audience from when they are kids, like really capture them, then you quite possibly might have them forever.

I've noticed I'm like this, not easily influenced by others or trends around me, for quite a number of things. I also have no huge care for fashion or material things, music and celebrities, and as I've said football and watching sports. Of course I have a particular taste when it comes to what I wear/buy, but as long as I have enough to wear I couldn't care less about the latest trainers etc. I usually buy trainers once a year, and clothes similar to that too. As for music, I like good sounding (to me) music haha, but for some reason I don't download albums, properly follow artists etc. I'm the kinda person who listens to one song for ages until they grow tired of it. Or listens to the same album/artist.

I mention all this because I categorise all people crazy about football into this basket of being successfully bought into the system. Everyone loves football, I mean from every corner of the world. Yet football was globalised in the last century. I think most people who love football fall into the category of following trends and being easily influenced. I especially hate people who follow celebrities, who the **** cares what they are doing...
*Waits for the first simpleton to enter the thread and post that retarded argument about men kicking a piece of leather around some grass*
Original post by longasuo
Just askin

I don't think it's over rated. It's a fantastic sport, a very fun way to keep physically fit, develop friendships, team skills as well as craft at being good at something. It does wonders particularly in impoverished areas of the country to give focus to people who wouldn't be able to find it anywhere else where they live and that are systematically pushed out of academia or brought up within broken families.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nah.
Reply 7
Yes
The money footballers earn is overrated.
no.

It's a pretty good sport all round.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
The money footballers earn is overrated.

Free market economically speaking? No.

In terms of actual quantity - maybe at the very top level yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can football be overrated?
Considering we live in a society where '#cutforZayn' is trending, I hardly think football is one of our main concerns when judging something to be 'overrated'.
Original post by Arkasia
Considering we live in a society where '#cutforZayn' is trending, I hardly think football is one of our main concerns when judging something to be 'overrated'.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1427400288.332510.jpg

Look at dat face m8
Original post by Depleted
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1427400288.332510.jpg

Look at dat face m8

Looks like Conchita Wurst.
Original post by Arkasia
Looks like Conchita Wurst.

You look more like her than him tbh.
Original post by Depleted
You look more like her than him tbh.

Do you know me?
Reply 17
Some people spend hours everyday following football news, debates, forums etc, think it's a waste of time and overrated from that point of view. Don't think watching and playing football is overrated.
Original post by Arkasia
Do you know me?

Yeah I know you in real life
Reply 19
I personally find watching football boring as hell, including the world cup. Watching grown men cry when England get knocked out is entertaining though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest