The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
The lady at my resilience station was lovely, I had a man for insight and the lady at my teamwork station was a bit scary. I was upstairs on Tuesday PM.
Reply 701
The lady that was doing challenges for medicine upstairs went with that interview style for everyone to see how they reacted to negative body language ... Also notice that she only asked the questions on the sheet and no specific follow up to your experience so she was truing to make us uncomfortable ... I guessed that it was an act when at the end of the interview she broke into a big smile and said thank you, shaking my hand
Reply 702
I was told by my referee for work expierence that she has emailed the reference to Warwick but I was then asked to provide it myself by wednesday, couldnt get it in time, have emailed the university but I guess that means I'll not be getting an offer!
Reply 703
Original post by MaccyA
I was told by my referee for work expierence that she has emailed the reference to Warwick but I was then asked to provide it myself by wednesday, couldnt get it in time, have emailed the university but I guess that means I'll not be getting an offer!

They're not going to reject you on the basis of an admin error so wouldn't worry. I doubt they'll be giving out offers until the end of April given that all the interviews were held so late so there's loads of time for them to get it sorted.
Reply 704
Original post by am1992
They're not going to reject you on the basis of an admin error so wouldn't worry. I doubt they'll be giving out offers until the end of April given that all the interviews were held so late so there's loads of time for them to get it sorted.

They gave out on third of April last year and interviews were same time :smile:
Reply 705
Original post by H-W-T
They gave out on third of April last year and interviews were same time :smile:

Did they not start much earlier though? If so it would mean they had time in between interviews to process them rather than doing them all at the end.

That said, I hope you're right, I'm just going to tell myself it's the end of April so that I don't have to spend the whole month checking UCAS and TSR. Saying that, I've spent the whole day checking USAC and TSR anyway... :s-smilie:
Hey guys I've been watching this thread for a while now. I will be applying and hope to be where you guys are at next year :smile:. Just to let you all know though, I was at the open day last week and they said that they were going to keep giving offers until June. Chins up. Hope for the best for you all!
Reply 707
Original post by am1992
Did they not start much earlier though? If so it would mean they had time in between interviews to process them rather than doing them all at the end.

That said, I hope you're right, I'm just going to tell myself it's the end of April so that I don't have to spend the whole month checking UCAS and TSR. Saying that, I've spent the whole day checking USAC and TSR anyway... :s-smilie:

Did you hear from any of ur UG interviews yet ?
Reply 708
Original post by H-W-T
Did you hear from any of ur UG interviews yet ?

Durham unconditional. So relieved; whatever happens I'm going to medical school!

Withdrew from Keele pre-interview (it was pre-med and Durham's straight in for the 5 years so no point potentially taking up a space at Keele someone else can have). Still waiting on Dundee, should hear from them next week but tbh Durham is probably second choice anyway so it's really just Warwick I'm waiting for.
This wait is a killer!!!!!
Reply 710
Original post by adderz242
This wait is a killer!!!!!

Have been lucky to go skiing for my birthday ... Just got to the chalet and there is some champagne here (a sign ???) :smile:

Hopefully we hear by next Sunday lol
(edited 9 years ago)
My best guess would be Tuesday next week onwards? Although Weds/Thurs this week is technically April, given there's a 4 day weekend coming up it seems like a bad time to send out offers/rejections as there will be a buildup over that long weekend. Hopefully we'll hear between 6-10th :smile:
Original post by MJK91
My best guess would be Tuesday next week onwards? Although Weds/Thurs this week is technically April, given there's a 4 day weekend coming up it seems like a bad time to send out offers/rejections as there will be a buildup over that long weekend. Hopefully we'll hear between 6-10th :smile:

Aren't the Easter holidays coming up? I wouldn't have expected to hear until after then unless I'm mistaken?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by santi_92
Aren't the Easter holidays coming up? I wouldn't have expected to hear until after then unless I'm mistaken?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure it applies to admissions staff! You'd only get bank holidays off without taking it off as holiday surely? Otherwise I'm definitely going for the wrong professions....
Original post by MJK91
I'm not sure it applies to admissions staff! You'd only get bank holidays off without taking it off as holiday surely? Otherwise I'm definitely going for the wrong professions....

Haha, I've no idea. Guess we'll just hear when we hear
Reply 715
Original post by santi_92

Easter break started on 13th March (I'm a current student there) and staff work throughout the holidays so it shouldn't make a difference. I imagine we won't hear until after Easter weekend though, this is what I'm telling myself to avoid frantic checking of emails! Either way, it will happen when it happens. Good luck to all :smile:
Reply 716
Do offers and rejections go out at the same time???
Reply 717
Original post by ranelagh75
Interviews for WMS for the 2014 cohort were on 13-14 Feb, 27-28 Feb and 13-14 March.

There were a great deal more candidates interviewed for two reasons: first, the Selection Centre was combined with Barts so some applicants interviewed for both at the same time (it wasn't in this cycle) and second, the screening criteria have been tightened up this year.

As I recall, offers starting coming out on the 2nd of April 2014. This will surely be documented in the TSR thread.

That's helpful, thanks. I'm just reluctant to expect offers to start coming out as early as last year because the interviews this year were held later. However I'd be delighted if I'm wrong, end of the day we can only speculate and I'm just taking the role of the pessimist on this thread. Someone has to do it!
Original post by am1992
That's helpful, thanks. I'm just reluctant to expect offers to start coming out as early as last year because the interviews this year were held later. However I'd be delighted if I'm wrong, end of the day we can only speculate and I'm just taking the role of the pessimist on this thread. Someone has to do it!

Ha ha ha no problem :smile:

I have no idea when offers will start coming out. I personally would be really surprised if they did anything before Easter. I reckon that things will start lighting up from the Tuesday of next week (the Tuesday after Easter) onwards, but this is literally just a guess.

The worst part is when people start posting "OFFER! OFFER!" and you're sitting there thinking "OMG. I haven't heard anything." and then you check your email compulsively every ten seconds for the next three weeks. Not that that person was me or anything :biggrin:
Original post by am1992

Original post by ranelagh75
Ha ha ha no problem :smile:

I have no idea when offers will start coming out. I personally would be really surprised if they did anything before Easter. I reckon that things will start lighting up from the Tuesday of next week (the Tuesday after Easter) onwards, but this is literally just a guess.

The worst part is when people start posting "OFFER! OFFER!" and you're sitting there thinking "OMG. I haven't heard anything." and then you check your email compulsively every ten seconds for the next three weeks. Not that that person was me or anything :biggrin:

I agree with Tuesday onwards :smile: Seems like a logical time.

Although there were more candidates interviewed later, it's surely much easier to mark MMIs (average out then set a cut-off) than it is marking one-on-one interviews, written assessments and group tasks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending