The Student Room Group

*Two* compliments tonight!

I was at work and I served this bloke who went, "you have very thick hair" and I said I know, and then he carried on "you know your hair is very thick, very thick, but it's lovely hair" :biggrin:
And then as he went he said, iirc, "Goodbye you gorgeous little one" :eek: :blush:

And then a lady later on said "hello pretty girlie" and I pulled a face:redface: and she went "No, you are, you've a pretty face"

:blush:
I'm starting to think people say these things because they think the opposite and pity me so they give me compliments to make me feel better :erm:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aww that's so nice! You're being way too harsh on yourself however, I'm sure you're pretty :smile: always nice when people offer pleasant compliments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you love yourself just a little too much.
Yeah you're probably right they pity you...
Is this a thread made with the purpose of subtly (but actually obviously) bragging?
Wtf i'm seeing things man. I read two complaints tonight, I was going to say join the club, people be complaining about me all the time -_-, haters gonna hate mayne
Reply 6
Pity? Naaah, I agree with them :biggrin:
Original post by Emily.97
Is this a thread made with the purpose of subtly (but actually obviously) bragging?

MM needs everything she can get :wink:

Maybe they use TSR and are trying to cheer your gloomy self up?

The nearest thing I get to compliments is when young mouthy children are impressed or amazed with how tall I am. :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Nah, they were genuine.

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Pity? Naaah, I agree with them :biggrin:

I feel jealous.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
MM needs everything she can get :wink:

Maybe they use TSR and are trying to cheer your gloomy self up?

How is reading a post about somebody receiving random compliments supposed to cheer me up?

Aside from that, what makes you think that I need cheering up?
How is reading a post about somebody receiving random compliments supposed to cheer me up?

MM = Maid Marian. She needs cheering up.

From Maid Marian? No. But your post has subtle (but actually obvious) jealousy in it. :teehee:
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
From Maid Marian? No. But your post has subtle (but actually obvious) jealousy in it. :teehee:

I dont have anything to be jealous of, because I'm happy in my own skin. I was merely pointing out that it appears to be a thread reeking of bragging behaviour.
Other than that, I'm happy to celebrate the beauty of people.

You seem generally bitter and self-righteous on the forum? Just an observation.

I think it's fair to say that shots have indeed been fired.
You seem generally bitter and self-righteous on the forum? Just an observation.

You're wrong.
Good effort, though.
Meh, why would random people say it out of pity. A compliment is a compliment. Post a picture of you so we can all admire your pretty little face
Original post by Dr Pesto
I think it's fair to say that shots have indeed been fired.

It's always fair to say that when I post, Dr Pesto :moon:.
Original post by Stefano93
I think you love yourself just a little too much.

Lmaooo
Original post by Maid Marian

I'm starting to think people say these things because they think the opposite and pity me so they give me compliments to make me feel better :erm:

Why?

Latest