The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Offer! :biggrin: international applicant interviewed yesterday :smile:)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by TingA

Congrats! They must have really liked you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TingA

Where are you from?
Reply 2183
Original post by tmahmud
Congrats! They must have really liked you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by DCMed96
Where are you from?

I'm from Malaysia! From your profile, I see you're from Malaysia too. I think we'll get along :tongue:
Hi guys, I'm a gap year applicant from East London who had an interview on 24/03/15. My phone received an email at approximately 1am today that something on my UCAS had changed. I check it to find out I received an offer already! To God be all the glory.

This time last year, I had 5 rejections (I thought I would be different and apply to Imperial for Biochemistry with French as a backup but I got rejected for that due to my medicine-centred personal statement). Heart-broken at first but I plunged straight into A-level revision and I ended up securing 3As which was enough to reapply. This time around, I applied to Imperial for Medicine, did the BMAT again and got sent the interview survey form invitation in December 2014. I initially picked the 03/02/15 however I didn't know there weren't any visible time-slots so I carried on and received a confirmation email at the end of it despite no interview time-slot. A week before 03/02/15, I randomly call the Admissions Team to ask what time interview takes place. They told me I didn't book a time-slot and they've been trying to email me about this however I didn't receive any emails. At this point I was thinking, if I don't receive the invitation email soon then all the interviews will be taken up. Luckily, I finally received an email but the earliest interview date that time-slots was 24/03/15. I was scared that by then, most of the offers would've been given out however I still got an interview WITH a time-slot this time. And this gave me extra time to prepare. When I had my interview, it went ok imo however I didn't reference my team-work/team leadership skills much so I was having major doubts. I did talk a lot about my skills and my hobbies which must've shown them that I wasn't a one-trick pony. The interviewers were all EXTREMELY nice and made me feel very comfortable. Now I am getting ready for my travels next China which is exact next month today!!!! Don't give up, prospective medics. Be patient and resilient. If you genuinely wanted to study Medicine then you would find a way regardless.

Anyway I need to stop acting as if I haven't got to wake up for work in a few hours lol, night and good luck!
Dunno how much sense that made cos I'm literally half-asleep but oh well lol.
Original post by Aloha161
Hey,

I'm an international applicant who has applied to imperial for 2015 entry. I haven't received an interview invite but also haven't received a pre-interview rejection. I'm past the point of being worried to just being curious whether anyone else is in the same position as I am?:smile:

Hey,
I happen to be in the exact same position as you. It's really kind of annoying now because if they are going to reject me then they might as well do it.
Original post by TingA

I'm from Malaysia! From your profile, I see you're from Malaysia too. I think we'll get along :tongue:

I saw you adding the group on FB :cool:, messaged you already
Original post by Futuremedic2096
It varies mine was about 7 weeks ish
But I think the time gap decreases as offer date gets later
I mean they want some of the forms by June so they'll give you plenty of timeno

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Ariamziza
Hey,
I happen to be in the exact same position as you. It's really kind of annoying now because if they are going to reject me then they might as well do it.

My feelings excatly. I really hope they get back to us soon....they shouldn't have kept us in the dark for so long
I have Just been sent a second offer pack from Imperial. Has anybody else been aswell?

Worrying thing is that this pack has been ripped open when I went to collect the post. Got a feeling somebody has been infiltrating my post :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
I have Just been sent a second offer pack from Imperial. Has anybody else been aswell?

Worrying thing is that this pack has been ripped open when I went to collect the post. Got a feeling somebody has been infiltrating my post :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Infiltrating" hilar
but this is worrying, I think you should probably file a complaint to RM
Original post by Futuremedic2096
"Infiltrating" hilar
but this is worrying, I think you should probably file a complaint to RM

Hmm well nothing is lost, has the same contents as the original offer pack.

I'm pretty sure nothing much can be done... The pack was very wet so I'm guessing it must have ripped whilst being delivered.

I'm more curious if anybody else has got a second offer pack from imperial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Hmm well nothing is lost, has the same contents as the original offer pack.

I'm pretty sure nothing much can be done... The pack was very wet so I'm guessing it must have ripped whilst being delivered.

I'm more curious if anybody else has got a second offer pack from imperial?

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHat is in the second offer pack ??
Original post by DCMed96
WHat is in the second offer pack ??

Exactly the same as the first offer pack. I have another DBS form, vaccination form and questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it usually take for you receive your offer pack after your offer?
Original post by AgüeroSergio
How long does it usually take for you receive your offer pack after your offer?

I got my offer on 11th March and my pack arrived today (28th March) so thats 17 days. But there were people that had to wait 7 weeks, i think if ur offer can in March you should get it in about 3-4 weeks maxx (if not less)
Original post by Master219
I got my offer on 11th March and my pack arrived today (28th March) so thats 17 days. But there were people that had to wait 7 weeks, i think if ur offer can in March you should get it in about 3-4 weeks maxx (if not less)

cheers
How does scholarship work for Imperial? Is it based on interview performance and have they already been given out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmahmud
How does scholarship work for Imperial? Is it based on interview performance and have they already been given out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's based on interview performance and then those that are selected have to write some sort of science based essay...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending