The Student Room Group

What problems do you currently have?

Scroll to see replies

Arguing with my best friend at the moment. Yes, I'm pathetic. :smile:
TOO MANY
--
Na my main problem is me seemingly having a quarter life crisis (at 19?) and just having so many thoughts and feelings and worries rushing through my head every day :/
Original post by TheWaffle
1) I am far too beautiful for my own good and get too much attention from men.
2) My high levels of intelligence mean that I find it hard to find intellectually stimulating conversation.
3) I have more money than I know what to do with and it confuses me sometimes.
4) I am talented at too many things so choosing a career is proving tricky.

5) My levels of sarcasm are out of control.

loool. I was like whats up with this snob until i read 5) xD
Reply 43
I'm on TSR.
I'm unemployed. There are very few entry level positions or jobs requiring no experience/qualifications in my area. My previous experience of labouring is useless as I don't have a CSCS card, and my previous experience working in a nightclub is useless as I don't have an SIA licence. Also I don't have a driving licence which is a requirement for half of the jobs I have seen. I can't afford to relocate. My degree leaves my options limited, I can't afford to go into postgraduate education, and even if I could I'm not really sure it would help me in my current position.

I literally feel trapped. At the minute the best case scenario I can envision is getting a minimum wage job and saving enough to go to Australia on a working holiday visa or enough to go volunteer on a Kibbutz.

I'm also broke. And I owe my mates money for a few events I agreed to go to when I was still working.
- Can't go to gym due to back problem

- Ran out of good music to listen to

- Can't indulge in my favourite hobby/addiction

- Haven't had sex for almost two whole weeks

- Regret choosing the wrong mobile network provider

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Where I live. It's making my anxiety worse. Trouble makers always come into the close and kick peoples doors and all that jazz. Hopefully will get a new flat soon.
2. General anxiety. Not as bad as I used to be though.
3. I'm a hypochondriac. This weeks current health worry is tongue cancer.
4. Every day money problems
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Swanbow
I'm unemployed. There are very few entry level positions or jobs requiring no experience/qualifications in my area. My previous experience of labouring is useless as I don't have a CSCS card, and my previous experience working in a nightclub is useless as I don't have an SIA licence. Also I don't have a driving licence which is a requirement for half of the jobs I have seen. I can't afford to relocate. My degree leaves my options limited, I can't afford to go into postgraduate education, and even if I could I'm not really sure it would help me in my current position.

I literally feel trapped. At the minute the best case scenario I can envision is getting a minimum wage job and saving enough to go to Australia on a working holiday visa or enough to go volunteer on a Kibbutz.

I'm also broke. And I owe my mates money for a few events I agreed to go to when I was still working.

Are you signed onto JSA? You csn get sn SIA and CSCS card through them.. go on google and see if your local college do does the course or training providers as its usually free to unemployed people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vixen47
My kind of thread. :gangster:

Had a huge fight with my sister. Probably the biggest one we've ever had. It resulted in me running off to my room and ODing on paracetamol, but she walked in on me as I was finishing the second packet and she snatched it and my water bottle off me. :emo: Now I have to deal with the aftermath - crippling depression and an on-going migraine (currently at 3 days) which seems to be the result of non-stop crying.

Got engaged, won't be able to get my engagement ring for a good while because fiance (:mmm:) and I are way too busy until May or June to properly go ring shopping. We have been "window shopping" online :daydreaming: but I'm getting impatient. My ring finger is just itching for my ring! :teeth:

Been trying to lose the same 15lbs since November. I'm so tempted to give up but my eating disorder is running wild because I just really need to lose it. :cry2:

Can't decide what I want to eat tomorrow. :emo:

I'm sleepy and need to wake up in 5 hours for uni but I really cba! :emo:

I can't find my waterproof mascara. :cry2: My room's a mess so it's definitely somewhere, I just don't know where. :cry2:

Does your fiancé know that you basically tried to kill yourself?
Original post by T.I.P
Are you signed onto JSA? You csn get sn SIA and CSCS card through them.. go on google and see if your local college do does the course or training providers as its usually free to unemployed people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man.

I've just signed on last week, my caseworker did mention it briefly but I'm to meet with a careers adviser soon who will give me a full list of options. Foolishly I didn't sign on earlier and I've been stuck in this rut since December. Would be great if they could fund me to do any course that'll help me get into work quicker. But I've got a feeling they're going to push me towards a graduate work experience placement, which is better than nothing but with travelling will probably be more detrimental to my financial situation.

I know my local college does CSCS courses, but I don't think they do SIA ones any more. To be fair I don't really fancy myself as the most ideal labourer or bouncer, but those are at the minute the only jobs I have experience in haha
Original post by bittr n swt
I don't need to know the details because OD is a stupid and selfish thing to do regardless. You're engaged and you thought it's ok to leave your man in sorrow and tears just because of an argument.

Please. Tell me the details, I'm curious

You don't need to know the details? That's the most ridiculous, most idiotic thing I've ever heard someone say on something that actually requires an explanation before you make a judgement.

What's stupid and selfish is everyone expecting you to strive to stay alive for the sake of their own happiness when life is slowly deteriorating you/your sanity.

My fiance knows how badly I want to leave home. He was there a couple of years ago when I was dealing with suicidal thoughts (for different reasons - nothing to do with my home life). He knows about this argument and the actual details of what happened to me in the past and exactly how it affected my life. If the attempt had actually succeeded then he might find it difficult at first but eventually he would understand and he most definitely would not find it difficult to move on.

The argument was about how my sister and family perceive me. Imagine the person who molested you turned your entire family against you and made them think that you're the vile scum. I'm my family's scapegoat. They're malicious, ignorant, narcissistic backstabbers who will sell anyone out if feeds their egos and my cousin (the molester) really helped encourage them to do that to me. My argument with my sister was mostly me trying to get this through to her but her head is so far up her arse she can't hear any voice other than her own. In the past she's told me "you're a bad person", "you're the reason we're all so depressed", "you're not different from us, you're still a bad person." I don't have it in me to tell anyone that because it's just so malicious. I strive to be the complete opposite of malicious, but she can't accept that. She feels so **** about herself that she has to bring me down to her level to feel like it's okay to be like that.

Because my sister has essentially adopted my cousin's style of thinking she's manipulated my family to believe the things they both believe so now everyone treats me like I'm the devil incarnate. I'm totally lost and totally alone because I have absolutely no one fending for me. I might have my fiance on my side, but it'll be over a year until we can actually marry and I can leave my family, plus I'm terrified of telling him about the suicide part of the argument. I've always had issues with abandonment since I was a child but the only thing that kept me going was knowing that I had my family to turn to. Now I don't have them anymore I just don't know what the hell I'm doing. When the argument reached it's peak I just lost it completely. I almost threw a chair at my sister but in the last second I managed to convince myself to throw it across the room. I then ran up to my room and I was experiencing this uncontrollable emotional high, all I could think was that I need to escape somehow because there's no point in living if I've got no one to live for. Without realising what I was doing I desperately searched through my drawers trying to find the scattered paracetamol packets I keep in my room (I get frequent migraines) and one after the other I shoved as much as I could in my mouth.

That wasn't the first time I did something like that. Last time something similar happened we were arguing about the same cousin because I feel like she's replacing me in my family and when my argument reached it's peak I pulled a knife to my throat. Like she did with the paracetamol packets, my sister snatched it from my hand.

It's easy for someone who's never had to deal with suicide ideation to say that it's selfish and people shouldn't do it. When you're in a position where you just can't deal with life anymore it's so hard to continue living it. I'm engaged, for the first time in my life I'm actually looking forward to a happy future. I've never had that before. I never knew it could even exist for me. But being stuck at home around my toxic family make all the negative emotions and thoughts dominate the positive ones. Until you're in the position you just don't know what it's really like.

Original post by Profesh
Does your fiancé know that you basically tried to kill yourself?

Not yet. I want to tell him but he puts me on this pedestal and I'm terrified of what he might think of me/us after he finds out because he might realise that he wasn't enough to stop me from going through with it. I didn't even think of him when it was happening.
I sneezed and now my arm hurts.

I'm the team leader on a group project and I have no idea what we are going to do for the backbone of the assignment.

I have like...£16 to last me until the 13th of April.
Original post by T.I.P
1.Im a hypochondriac
2.My GF is pregnant with our second child
3. I hate my minimum wage job.
4. I dont have a drivers licence
5. Not very smart academically
6. Trying to break into IT but cant get to grips with my studies etc.
7. Going bald
8. Sleep pattern ****edup

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should have wrapped it up if you didn't want a baby. I suggest you don't pressure her into getting an abortion like so many men in today's society feel the need to tell girls what to do with their own bodies.
Sorry to hear about your problems

Mine are quite small lol but:

Choosing a firm uni
Fearing a minor eye operation
Revision & exam stress

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
1. I don't like my hallsmates and I don't want to live with them next year but I don't know who to live with otherwise and I don't want to go back to halls
2. I miss my parents and I feel like blokes aren't really allowed to say that
3. I want a girlfriend, I broke up with mine before uni cos I thought I couldn't do long distance. I realise now I could. She's happy with someone else now.
Reply 55
Original post by Dylann
Exams seem too far away for me to study, but everyone thinks they're very soon so they look down on me playing PS3 all the time. Can't a guy play PS3 without feeling guilty? :frown:

Check out 24houranswers. com . You may as well try a discount code NSU7Z. This might help for a few weeks.:wink:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
1. Suppressed anger is causing me lash out at everyone and start fights
2. Work is ****ing ****
3. Cars are expensive
4. People are stupid
5. Other things to do with my gf...
6. Having sociopathic tendancies...

Go seek help immediately.
I've been sooo ****ing lazy these past few months, I'm really beginning to fall behind on work now :frown:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I've been sooo ****ing lazy these past few months, I'm really beginning to fall behind on work now :frown:

Exactly this. :frown: might as well start now, otherwise its just going to get worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Exactly this. :frown: might as well start now, otherwise its just going to get worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. I'm gonna make a revision time-table now and stick to it, so at least I'll be able to answer a few questions in the exams :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest