The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Extended natural sciences (foundation year)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GabiEarl
Hey, I finally got a job in a call centre for a Christian company (I'm not religious and its all so it's all sooo new) would've written sooner but I was freaking out with financial Issues!! How's everything doing? :smile: I went to the applicdant day for WildLlife Conservation and the uni today, it looked great!!! :biggrin: Sorry it's been so late xxx

How did your applicant day go? :smile: xx - sorry it's been so late xxx

Hi! Aww yay congrats I'm so happy for you! Oh god it's okay I haven't even started my finance yet still! Waiting on my national insurance number haha. Oh that's good! :biggrin: I haven't been to an applicant day, wish there was one for this course but oh well :smile: xxx
Liverpool
Original post by GabiEarl
Hey, I finally got a job in a call centre for a Christian company (I'm not religious and its all so it's all sooo new) would've written sooner but I was freaking out with financial Issues!! How's everything doing? :smile: I went to the applicdant day for WildLlife Conservation and the uni today, it looked great!!! :biggrin: Sorry it's been so late xxx

How did your applicant day go? :smile: xx - sorry it's been so late xxx

I'm coming to the end of this course so if any of you have any questions, feel free to ask! Xx
Reply 42
Original post by malanamoorcroft
I'm coming to the end of this course so if any of you have any questions, feel free to ask! Xx

Ahh! Do you's get assignments or anything like that by any chance? My boyfriend does psychology in Edge Hill and he gets like 1 lab report and a presentation per month, not much work at all hahah I hope it's not too hard for me, I'm not good at science tbh 😂 xx
Original post by Dem_rose
Ahh! Do you's get assignments or anything like that by any chance? My boyfriend does psychology in Edge Hill and he gets like 1 lab report and a presentation per month, not much work at all hahah I hope it's not too hard for me, I'm not good at science tbh 😂 xx

The natural science course is more work than the first year of animal behaviour/zoology. The main type of exam you get is a phase test (multiple choice question sheet) there's a trip to Chester zoo where you have to write a report and there's a few other reports for structure and reactivity module and environment module. There's quite a few practicals where you have lab books to fill in if you pick physiological systems module, which is compulsory if you're moving on to an animal course. There's a seminar in the first semester as well. If you're not good at science I would recommend not choosing inorganic or organic chemistry in the second semester because I did and I haven't been because its too hard x
Reply 44
The natural science course is more work than the first year of animal behaviour/zoology. The main type of exam you get is a phase test (multiple choice question sheet) there's a trip to Chester zoo where you have to write a report and there's a few other reports for structure and reactivity module and environment module. There's quite a few practicals where you have lab books to fill in if you pick physiological systems module, which is compulsory if you're moving on to an animal course. There's a seminar in the first semester as well. If you're not good at science I would recommend not choosing inorganic or organic chemistry in the second semester because I did and I haven't been because its too hard x

Oh of that's so much work! Atleast there's trips to the zoo haha :smile: I'm dreading lab reports... I definitely won't pick that then hahah I just about passed science at gcse! X
Original post by Dem_rose
Oh of that's so much work! Atleast there's trips to the zoo haha :smile: I'm dreading lab reports... I definitely won't pick that then hahah I just about passed science at gcse! X

You'll be fine, you have meetings with your tutor group which is going through how to write reports etc so you'll get a better idea. Yeah the zoo was amazing, you have to choose a mammal to do a behavioural study on, its a great day out:smile: x
Reply 46
You'll be fine, you have meetings with your tutor group which is going through how to write reports etc so you'll get a better idea. Yeah the zoo was amazing, you have to choose a mammal to do a behavioural study on, its a great day out:smile: x

Ahh that's good :smile: Aww I can't wait to do that :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending