The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Ask us anything at #ChatWithPlym

Have you applied to study with us in 2015? Do you want to find out more about what studying with Plymouth University is like?

Join us for a series of online interactive Q&A sessions on:

Dates: Monday 30 March - Thursday 2 April
Time: 16.00-18.00

You’ll be able to speak with a number of current students, graduates and staff members each night who will be able to help give you all the information you need to make your final decision. Ask us anything from accommodation questions, to course information or just about student life in general.

TO JOIN THE EVENT, PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS ON THIS THREAD.

Feel free to ask your questions on this thread, they will be answered here during the event. Alternatively, you can also join us on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #ChatWithPlym

Best wishes,
Plymouth University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, do you know how the application process for accomodation works? For example, do we pick our top 1/2/3 choices and get allocated one, or do we just specify the type of room we'd like e.g self catered, ensuite? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi
1. Do you have better photos of Accommodation rather than the ones on the website.
2. How many weeks is Healthcare Science (Physiological Science) B902 course for so i can plan my accommodation.
3. Has plymouth University found a replacement for the National scholorship program bursary or campus card for student starting in Sept 2015 as i have heard it has been cancelled.
Reply 3
Hi

What actual date is accommodation opening and will students who have already firmed Plymouth be notified by email, letter etc
Original post by SophR96
Hi, do you know how the application process for accomodation works? For example, do we pick our top 1/2/3 choices and get allocated one, or do we just specify the type of room we'd like e.g self catered, ensuite? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

You will be able to apply for 3 halls and select your room type i.e en-suite and complete a personal profile about yourself. Then in the summer we match students using their personal profiles and offer them a place in halls.

Kind Regards

Plymouth University Residence Life
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BoboG
Hi
1. Do you have better photos of Accommodation rather than the ones on the website.
2. How many weeks is Healthcare Science (Physiological Science) B902 course for so i can plan my accommodation.
3. Has plymouth University found a replacement for the National scholorship program bursary or campus card for student starting in Sept 2015 as i have heard it has been cancelled.

Hi,

I'm Anna from Residence Life at Plymouth Uinversity, please visit our Facebook page to see more images of Residence Life that are not on the website :- https://www.facebook.com/plymouthuniaccommodation
Original post by BoboG
Hi

What actual date is accommodation opening and will students who have already firmed Plymouth be notified by email, letter etc

Hi,

This is Anna from Residence Life. Students will be notified via email when they can access the accommodation portal, so please also keep an eye on your junk mail folder too over the next few weeks.

Kind Regards

Anna
Original post by BoboG
Hi

Hi,

You can find our term dates for next year here:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/your-studies/slc-term-dates and I apologise but I don't have the information on your third question but I will ask someone to look into it and reply to you tomorrow.
Hello! What is a typical week like for a first year dentist?
Reply 9
What things would you recommend packing for uni? Anything that you wouldn't expect?
Thanks
Original post by calculator21
Hello! What is a typical week like for a first year dentist?

Im not a dentist (a medic) but i do have friends in dentistry in most of the different yr groups, from what i have been told you have pretty much 9-5 most of the days (with breaks inbetween) and it conists of a lot of clinical work unlike many other uni's so you will definately be enjoying what you do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fionaday
What things would you recommend packing for uni? Anything that you wouldn't expect?
Thanks

Hi Fiona,

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/services/accommodation/applicants/what-to-bring

Here is a link that the residence life team have come up with of things that you need to bring. However, you can always buy things you need when you get here, and organise with your house mates so that you don't end up with 8 toastie makers! There is a Wilko's nearby with student discount if you forget anything.

Remember to bring some keepsakes to remind you of home, like pictures and trinkets to make your room feel like your home.

Hope this helps,

Lucy
Original post by Hanz_a93
Im not a dentist (a medic) but i do have friends in dentistry in most of the different yr groups, from what i have been told you have pretty much 9-5 most of the days (with breaks inbetween) and it conists of a lot of clinical work unlike many other uni's so you will definately be enjoying what you do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you this was very helpful :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Plymouth University
Hi,

You can find our term dates for next year here:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/your-studies/slc-term-dates and I apologise but I don't have the information on your third question but I will ask someone to look into it and reply to you tomorrow.

Hi

Sorry to bombard you with all these question

1. Is that correct that regardless of what course you are doing the last date for your course will be 3rd June 2016 as per the link.
2.Should i book accommodation as per the term dates or as per my course (Where can i find my course no of weeks)
3. Do you provide accommodation when going on placements say for healthcare science physiological sciences

Original post by BoboG
Hi

In answer to Q3:
This is the email address for student funding at Plymouth:
[email protected]
Please feel free to contact them in regards to this question and the should be able to give you guidance on this.

Thank you for your question.
Original post by BoboG
Hi

Sorry to bombard you with all these question

1. Is that correct that regardless of what course you are doing the last date for your course will be 3rd June 2016 as per the link.
2.Should i book accommodation as per the term dates or as per my course (Where can i find my course no of weeks)
3. Do you provide accommodation when going on placements say for healthcare science physiological sciences

Hi,

The Residence Life Team advise that you contact your faculty to find out how many weeks your course lasts for, and pick a similar contract length.
The minimum contract is 40 weeks.

Here are some course details:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bsc-healthcare-science-physiological-sciences
You're course shouldn't run past the 3rd of June as this is that latest term time date. However, you'll have to ask your faculty about your placement length and location.

I hope this helps,

Lucy
Reply 16
Original post by Plymouth University
Hi,

The Residence Life Team advise that you contact your faculty to find out how many weeks your course lasts for, and pick a similar contract length.
The minimum contract is 40 weeks.

Here are some course details:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bsc-healthcare-science-physiological-sciences
You're course shouldn't run past the 3rd of June as this is that latest term time date. However, you'll have to ask your faculty about your placement length and location.

I hope this helps,

Lucy

Hi

Thanks for the update
When can Child Health Nursing applicants expect to hear back after interviews? :smile:
Reply 18
As a child nursing student where would I be mainly based? Would main accommodation such as the Francis Drake halls be a practical choice of accommodation for this course ?
Original post by Jesskya
As a child nursing student where would I be mainly based? Would main accommodation such as the Francis Drake halls be a practical choice of accommodation for this course ?

Hi,

All of our halls are suitable as they are either on campus or within walking distance with very good bus links to the Hospital from around the city.

When you apply, Nursing students will be able to select a 51 week contract or Semester Only contracts. Please note if you sign up for a 51 week contract, students are responsible for paying for the full 51 weeks. You may wish to select a Semester Only contract in case your placements are not in Plymouth.

Kind Regards

Anna (Residence Life at Plymouth University)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending