The Student Room Group

I don't want know what to make of this girl?

I just broke up with this girl I was seeing, but she's my French teacher at this tuition centre, and I still attend her classes, I paid in advance and she's a great teacher so I'm not willing to let a good thing go.

She said I should continue attending her classes but we are no longer a couple.
But she keeps staring at me in class, I try to avoid eye contact, as I just broke up with her and she made it pretty clear on the phone that she wasn't interested anymore.

So why make continous stares at me and then smile in my direction at the end of the lesson?:s-smilie:

It's not like a quick glance, it's one of those continous stares. And this is confusing me, is she still interested in me or not?

Should I confront her?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

She's still healing
Original post by bittr n swt
She's still healing

I don't know whether I should I confront her, or let it go.
Original post by purple hills
I don't know whether I should I confront her, or let it go.

just let it go, she's your teacher and you don't want things to get messy

bad move dating a teacher in the first place what on earth were you thinking
just let it go, she's your teacher and you don't want things to get messy

bad move dating a teacher in the first place what on earth were you thinking

So you're saying that teachers shouldn't date their students?:rolleyes:

Well she's a human being first and foremost, so her profession shouldn't really be the deciding factor in whether I should date her or not.

So I don't really see the problem tbh.

Well she's a human being first and foremost, so her profession shouldn't really be the deciding factor in whether I should date her or not.

Haven't you read all the articles about teachers sleeping with their students and getting sent to prison for it ? - I do think most of them are bogus articles though but still. Even if this is a tuition centre she's still a teacher right idk :s

How old are you anyway, if you're like 15 and she's 30 we has a big problemo.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Haven't you read all the articles about teachers sleeping with their students and getting sent to prison for it ? - I do think most of them are bogus articles though but still. Even if this is a tuition centre she's still a teacher right idk :s

How old are you anyway, if you're like 15 and she's 30 we has a big problemo.

I just turned 18 and she's 21. So we are both adults anyway.:s-smilie:

Honestly I don't see the big issue.:rolleyes:

the big issue is why you've created this thread...it's awkward.

It was a stupid thing to date a teacher, now you're in akward **** lol
teachers shouldn't date students....haven't you heard of professionalism before? clearly not
the big issue is why you've created this thread...it's awkward.

It was a stupid thing to date a teacher, now you're in akward **** lol
teachers shouldn't date students....haven't you heard of professionalism before? clearly not

What?:lolwut:

Don't be ridiculous, this is the relationship forum, not the religion forum.

I came here looking for constructive criticism, not advice on who I should and should not be dating.
(edited 9 years ago)
I just turned 18 and she's 21. So we are both adults anyway.:s-smilie:

Honestly I don't see the big issue.:rolleyes:

Ohh I see this makes it a lot better lol.

Did you have a good reason for ending things? It's probably awkward for her since she's still teaching you. She might have not got over the break up as fast as you have, she needs time to forget I guess.
I don't think they're having a go at you for dating A teacher. The problem is that it was YOUR teacher, and upon breaking up it can become awkward between you both. It sounds like the situation is going as well as you could expect really. I wouldn't confront her about it, give it time and she'll stop doing it.
Ohh I see this makes it a lot better lol.

Did you have a good reason for ending things? It's probably awkward for her since she's still teaching you. She might have not got over the break up as fast as you have, she needs time to forget I guess.

Yes, she said I was too immature and she felt neglected.

I think I might try my luck and see if she'll give me a second chance, from what I have been hearing she might still be interested.

I think I might try my luck and see if she'll give me a second chance, from what I have been hearing she might still be interested.

What happened to that childhood friend of yours lol :biggrin:
Original post by sliceofcake
I don't think they're having a go at you for dating A teacher. The problem is that it was YOUR teacher, and upon breaking up it can become awkward between you both. It sounds like the situation is going as well as you could expect really. I wouldn't confront her about it, give it time and she'll stop doing it.

Nah, I think she might still like me, so I am going to try and approach her on the next lesson, see what happens.:smile:

Wait I thought you ended things? Like you said in your original post
Original post by CherryWine
What happened to that childhood friend of yours lol :biggrin:

Lol, oh yeah, that was a childhood friend, that's another issue that I am currently dealing with, but this girl is my ex and my tuition teacher so I was wondering if I still had a shot with my ex or if I should jump to the next boat.:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Wait I thought you ended things? Like you said in your original post

We both came to an agreement that things might not work out, so it was a joint decision, but I might ask for a second chance.:smile:
What?:lolwut:

Don't be ridiculous, this is the relationship forum, not the religion forum.

I came here looking for constructive criticism, not advice on who I should and should not be dating.

what the **** has religion got to do with anything

If you actually bother to be aware of the news recently or in the past, you would know teacher-student relationships are unproffesional.

What criticism do you want? You either approach her or you ignore it. I've said the latter so shut up about it now

If you actually bother to be aware of the news recently or in the past, you would know teacher-student relationships are unproffesional.

What criticism do you want? You either approach her or you ignore it. I've said the latter so shut up about it now

You need a kit-kat.:lolwut:

loooool this made me laugh...OP you really need to chill out and think why everyone is giving you the same advice.

The reason why you shouldn't be involved with your teacher is because, when things go tits up, like this, everything gets awkward and difficult because you still have to see her.

She keeps staring at you because she's healing, like the first poster said. She's not asking you to make a move, she just misses you (two different things).

By the sounds of your previous posts..it looks like you were just excited at the idea of having a taboo teacher-student relationship.

If you wanna ask for another chance, then cool. But there's no point starting a thread if you're going to take none of the advice given.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending