The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
Semi-Irrational I know, but the longer I wait the less chance I feel I have...
Reply 2641
Original post by Lauws
Semi-Irrational I know, but the longer I wait the less chance I feel I have...

My worry is that I'm right at the bottom of the amber band so I just want to survive this sift, although I will still continue to worry that I will be at the bottom of the new smaller amber band! I just want this to be over, I am honestly refreshing the page every 10 minutes.
Original post by rm436
Eugh they just told me that they are expecting the penultimate sift to take place 'this week or, if not, early next week'. Knowing them I'm guessing that means it'll be next week then!

Classic
Reply 2643
Wait in the sifts do they just tell you that you haven't got it? I thought that the answer could be either yay or nay
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2644
Original post by cro222
Wait in the sifts do they just tell you that you haven't got it?

Well you'll either be successful if your mark is above the new amber band, unsuccessful if you're below it, or still 'awaiting results' if you're still in it. Hope that makes sense?
Reply 2645
Original post by rm436
Well you'll either be successful if your mark is above the new amber band, unsuccessful if you're below it, or still 'awaiting results' if you're still in it. Hope that makes sense?

Cheers.

Yeah, it does - for some reason I got it into my head that they were simply whittling away at the numbers once a week, elimination style, in a test of mental fortitude
Anyone in Amber band heard yet today then? Specifically for DaT if anyone can give me a clue. I can't wait any longer!!!
Reply 2647
Original post by F6053721
Anyone in Amber band heard yet today then? Specifically for DaT if anyone can give me a clue. I can't wait any longer!!!
Been refreshing constantly since I woke up at 6:30 haha! But no, nothing yet. I'm praying it'll be today and not early next week.
Reply 2648
Original post by rm436
Been refreshing constantly since I woke up at 6:30 haha! But no, nothing yet. I'm praying it'll be today and not early next week.

Wondering if I should message and ask if it will actually be today...
Reply 2649
Original post by V2015

They said...yesterday..that it would be today or early next week. I think we should stop p*****g them off by asking all the time (they're not in charge of sifts after all) and just wait....very nervously.
Reply 2650
Original post by V2015

Already have, they said probably but that it might be early next week. I did an internship with them last year and they were exactly the same. Always so vague and constantly changing their plans. They would tell me outright 'you will hear by Wednesday' and then it would get to Wednesday, and I'd get nothing. Eugh, anyway, fingers crossed and good luck! Let us know if you hear :smile:
Reply 2651
Original post by rm436
Already have, they said probably but that it might be early next week. I did an internship with them last year and they were exactly the same. Always so vague and constantly changing their plans. They would tell me outright 'you will hear by Wednesday' and then it would get to Wednesday, and I'd get nothing. Eugh, anyway, fingers crossed and good luck! Let us know if you hear :smile:

Thanks you too! It's just annoying they don't say when it will be if I knew it was next week I wouldn't be worrying about it...
Reply 2652
Original post by Lauws
They said...yesterday..that it would be today or early next week. I think we should stop p*****g them off by asking all the time (they're not in charge of sifts after all) and just wait....very nervously.

I didn't realise they weren't in charge of the sifts. So is it literally just the adminy stuff that's outsourced to Parity? I thought it was all recruitment.
Reply 2653
Original post by rm436
I didn't realise they weren't in charge of the sifts. So is it literally just the adminy stuff that's outsourced to Parity? I thought it was all recruitment.

I am assuming that all information regarding banding and marks is available as and when it is released by the fast stream and as and when it is set by the fast stream. Then Parity apply these to the system and we receive the automated emails.

I doubt they just sit on grades until they get round to it.
Reply 2654
Original post by Lauws
I am assuming that all information regarding banding and marks is available as and when it is released by the fast stream and as and when it is set by the fast stream. Then Parity apply these to the system and we receive the automated emails.

I doubt they just sit on grades until they get round to it.

Agreed, I just would prefer better communication. The FSAC results have been fine so far, but my e-Tray and internship results were filled with promises of 'it'll be tomorrow/next week/Friday' etc which constantly changed. That's probably the Fast Stream team's fault for not giving Parity enough info, but I've just found it a bit ridiculous.
Reply 2655
Original post by V2015

Do you not get alerts when your status has changed? I've had texts before to let me know.
Reply 2656
Original post by HR05
Do you not get alerts when your status has changed? I've had texts before to let me know.

I haven't even got an email let alone a text when my status has changed. Not sure if this is normal but when I passed my e-Tray I didn't even get a message on the website until 5 days after the status had changed to 'successful'. Same situation when I did my internship with them last year, so I don't really trust the notification system anymore - now I just constantly refresh haha!
Reply 2657
Original post by rm436
I haven't even got an email let alone a text when my status has changed. Not sure if this is normal but when I passed my e-Tray I didn't even get a message on the website until 5 days after the status had changed to 'successful'. Same situation when I did my internship with them last year, so I don't really trust the notification system anymore - now I just constantly refresh haha!

If you log into the fast stream application, go onto your personal details. Then go through them all until you get to the SMS and email Alerts and you can change the settings.
Reply 2658
Original post by HR05
If you log into the fast stream application, go onto your personal details. Then go through them all until you get to the SMS and email Alerts and you can change the settings.

They're already ticked, I don't know why I don't get the emails/texts. Like I said, I didn't for my internship application either. It makes no difference though, even if I did get them I'd just be impatiently refreshing my emails instead!
Original post by Fsds56
Does anyone now the latest date at which you can allow the fast stream to contact your current employer? I haven't decided if I an going to take the job yet and if I do, I don't want to spend the next 6 months with everyone knowing that I am going to be leaving. Any ideas?

I asked someone in HR to do my reference so it would be kept confidential. My reference for my current employer has been done but my line manager and my team don't know I have another job.

You can email parity and change the contact for you reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending