The Student Room Group

First Year Vacation Schemes/Insight Days 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackalastomony
Still waiting - expecting a rejection. There were so many applications, and my interview didn't go brilliantly. Apparently outcomes are all given by Friday.

Do you have any idea about the volume of applications??
Just did the critical thinking test for Weils brand ambassador. Anyone else applied to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caesar95
Do you have any idea about the volume of applications??

My friend (who had a Weil interview today at the same time as me) said she was told that they'd had 300 applications and there are only 8 places.
Original post by AnyRandomName
My friend (who had a Weil interview today at the same time as me) said she was told that they'd had 300 applications and there are only 8 places.

I thought there were 10 places (not that it makes such a big difference)! Fair enough then, it looks like getting an offer will not be easy... but at least the whole application process we underwent is good practice for next year :smile:
I thought there were 10 places (not that it makes such a big difference)! Fair enough then, it looks like getting an offer will not be easy... but at least the whole application process we underwent is good practice for next year :smile:

When do you think we are going to find out? Also, who did you guys have as your interviewers?
PFO from Macfarlanes!

Still have yet to hear a single thing from Linklaters or Weil!
Original post by Lucilou101
PFO from Macfarlanes!

Still have yet to hear a single thing from Linklaters or Weil!

My mate got rejected from Links yesterday, having not been invited to do the online test, so it's unlikely it'll be good news on that front, and as for Weil they've conducted interviews so if you haven't had one again it seems like it will be bad news. But least you got Freshfields!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
My mate got rejected from Links yesterday, having not been invited to do the online test, so it's unlikely it'll be good news on that front, and as for Weil they've conducted interviews so if you haven't had one again it seems like it will be bad news. But least you got Freshfields!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Way to state the obvious :wink:

I'm pretty certain I'm being rejected - I'm more shocked that it's taken them this long to do so. I'm not too bothered anyway, got on Freshfields, HSF, Latham & Watkins, Reed Smith and Sidley Austin schemes/days. I don't even know if I want to be a lawyer anymore :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Way to state the obvious :wink:

I'm pretty certain I'm being rejected - I'm more shocked that it's taken them this long to do so. I'm not too bothered anyway, got on Freshfields, HSF, Latham & Watkins, Reed Smith and Sidley Austin schemes/days. I don't even know if I want to be a lawyer anymore :laugh:

It is also just slightly ridiculous that they expect us to find accommodation etc just two weeks before, and change our plans with only two weeks of notice!
It is also just slightly ridiculous that they expect us to find accommodation etc just two weeks before, and change our plans with only two weeks of notice!

I read someone saying that they'll let us know by the end of this week (i.e. today or tomorrow). It's actually ridiculous, at least you don't have to get a flight ticket if you get an offer ahah :wink:
Reply 290
has anyone heard from Baker & Mckenzie at all?
Original post by lilswot
has anyone heard from Baker & Mckenzie at all?

No, but the scheme isn't till August so it may be a while!
Reply 292
No, but the scheme isn't till August so it may be a while!

Oh yes - just checked their website again and saw that! That's me being impatient and not paying enough attention! :tongue: Thanks :smile:
Anybody else heard from Weil?
Anyone doing the Osborne Clarke scheme next week?
Anybody else heard from Weil?

Have you just heard from them?? Good news??
Got told to apply again next year for Linklaters - not really surprising! :smile:
Have you just heard from them?? Good news??

Was it good news for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
Was it good news for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't received anything yet! That's why I was asking ahah :smile:

I assume that when they start sending out decisions, everyone will know at once; or not?
I haven't received anything yet! That's why I was asking ahah :smile:

I assume that when they start sending out decisions, everyone will know at once; or not?

I would have thought so considering there are only 8-12 spaces (depending on your source of information). I emailed the day after my interview to ask about the timescale in which I would be likely to hear of the outcome of my application and I was told to e-mail if I haven't heard anything by the end of this week. It IS now the end of the week - I can't seem to concentrate fully on my revision, because I keep checking my e-mails etc, yet don't want to e-mail as it seems overly sycophantic!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending