The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daenerys...
A similar case can be made for just IS.

Apart from the fact that they are politically motivated.
Original post by queen-bee
I don't remember Anders breivik being called a terrorist even tho he belonged to a dangerous right wing group/had extreme views.

I remember many people using the word 'terrorist'.

A similar case can be made for just IS.

????????????????
Reply 22
Don't you think it's strange that the T word hasn't been used, at least not yet, to describe the situation and the pilot? I mean isn't this what the T word is meant to be used for?

Until his motive is deduced no one can know if he's a terrorist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by PopaPork
Yes we do:rolleyes:

Unless you can show us where he has shown his motives to be politically motivated.

You don't have to be politically motivated to be a terrorist

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lolwut:

I don't know what his affiliations are that's a question for the german investigators. However we didn't have this information in the beginning, which is my point, that even when none of the black box info was known or the voices he wasn't called a terrorist.

No we don't, the investigation is still on-going.

As I said get a dictionary

But tell me why you think he should be called a terrorist
Reply 25
So being white lets you off the hook right? Every time a crazy white guy commits and act of terrorism it's never that,they always manage to find another excuse to defend them and mentally ill always seems to be the #1 excuse (Anders breivik)

Just to add as well Brevik was convicted of terrorism, then you have headlines like this.
Original post by yabbayabba
He's white. Stupid western media

Posted from TSR Mobile
It matters not whether he was white, black, brown or purple with yellow spots.

The evidence and facts gathered so far, do not indicate any terrorist motivation. That may change if new evidence is uncovered.

The Malaysian airline MH370 pilot is not branded a terrorist either.

In the German's case, evidence strongly points to an act of suicide. The evidence for suicide is also present with the Malaysian pilot and this new tragic incident will lend more credence to the probability that both were mentally unstable and committed suicide.

But there is as yet, no evidence to suggest either had any terrorist motivations.
Original post by Wade-
You don't have to be politically motivated to be a terrorist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definition of terrorism in English:
noun
[mass noun]
The unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims: the fight against terrorism international terrorism

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/terrorism

Definition of terrorist in English:
noun
A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/terrorist
So being white lets you off the hook right? Every time a crazy white guy commits and act of terrorism it's never that,they always manage to find another excuse to defend them and mentally ill always seems to be the #1 excuse (Anders breivik)

No, he has still committed a heinous crime.

You say never, I say Boston Bombing. Those two were white and called terrorists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

Anders Behring Breivik is a Norwegian far-right terrorist

Terrorism must be politicly motivated, there is not evidence to suggest that this most recent attack was terrorism unless you have contradictory evidence?
:lolwut:

I don't know what his affiliations are that's a question for the german investigators. However we didn't have this information in the beginning, which is my point, that even when none of the black box info was known or the voices he wasn't called a terrorist.

No we don't, the investigation is still on-going.

I wasn't following this story from the beginning but surely before the info showing the plane was (probably) crashed deliberately it could have been assumed to have been a equipment failure?
Original post by DiddyDec
No, he has still committed a heinous crime.

You say never, I say Boston Bombing. Those two were white and called terrorists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

Terrorism must be politicly motivated, there is not evidence to suggest that this most recent attack was terrorism unless you have contradictory evidence?

Yes but they were also muslims right? So I wouldn't be surprised if they were labeles terrorists before they had even found out what the intentions of the two brothers were
Original post by Wade-
Until his motive is deduced no one can know if he's a terrorist

Posted from TSR Mobile

But usually they call the perpetrator a terrorist before they even have all the facts why is this time different. And on the front of his motive it's still not clear and investigation is on-going.
,they always manage to find another excuse to defend them and mentally ill always seems to be the #1 excuse (Anders breivik)

Your memory is troubling you again, it seems. Breivik was examined and found to be perfectly sane.
Reply 34
Because that word is designed for Muslims.
Yes but they were also muslims right? So I wouldn't be surprised if they were labeles terrorists before they had even found out what the intentions of the two brothers were

Oh right. So first you say that no white person has been called a terrorist (people have referred to George W. Bush as a terrorist) and then you retract that and say only white muslims... Me thinks you're talking out of your arse.

You said white people were never called terrorists. I have proven that wrong.

What makes you so adamant that this most recent tragedy was a terrorist attacks?
Don't you think it's strange that the T word hasn't been used, at least not yet, to describe the situation and the pilot? I mean isn't this what the T word is meant to be used for?

We all know ISIS is behind the attack, but it is better to not give any recognition to any successful ISIS attack, as it will only further encourage their supporters and boost their morale.
Original post by HAnwar
Because that word is designed for Muslims.

How do you explain its use in respect of the IRA, the UVF, ETA, the Jewish Defence League and Anders Breivik then?
I've just googled it and found people who referred to Elliot Rodgers as a terrorist...

Latest

Trending

Trending