The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
You should vote for ukip then. Deport all immigrants back from where they came. And I was actually born in the UK so wouldn't this be home?

I am.

Last time I asked that you said NO you are not (wasn't I the one saying you were:rolleyes:)

So why don't you make your mind up

It seems your country of choice is like you picking a coat to wear 'it depends on the weather'
Original post by DiddyDec
What is your point exactly?

The media should have labelled him a terrorist.
Original post by Daenerys...

Even though he doesn't fit the definition?
I thought OP made a thread saying she couldn't care less about the news on the plane crash?

There's nothing to suggest he was. Have you read any of the responses on here?
Original post by PopaPork
Definition of terrorism in English:
noun
[mass noun]
The unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims: the fight against terrorism international terrorism

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/terrorism

Definition of terrorist in English:
noun
A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/terrorist

By that definition Western Governments are terrorists..
Original post by bishopdon123
By that definition Western Governments are terrorists..

The unofficial or unauthorized
Even though he doesn't fit the definition?

The definition is certainly at odds with what the term has come to mean in today's Western society. And at any rate since when has the media been concerned with definitions? The Western Media propaganda machine only cares about one thing and it's not facts it's the government's agenda.
Original post by PopaPork
The unofficial or unauthorized

"violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims"

Considering they are the most powerful Governments in the world, I don't see who authorises what they do apart from each other..
The definition is certainly at odds with what the term has come to mean in today's Western society. And at any rate since when has the media been concerned with definitions? The Western Media propaganda machine only cares about one thing and it's not facts it's the government's agenda.

Ahh, there we have it. The Media/Government Conspiracy.

I don't debate with the irrational. Good day to you sir.
Original post by bishopdon123
"violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims"

Considering they are the most powerful Governments in the world, I don't see who authorises what they do apart from each other..

you are cutting the initial part of the description

The unofficial or unauthorized use

It doesn't take long does it before the tinfoil starts to show:biggrin:
Reply 92

Brilliant. hahahahaahahahaha!

I'm surprised it took you 5 pages to reach whatever epiphany that you think you've finally arrived at but I've been maintaining the same point through-out this thread, that is, there is a double standard in the media between white plane hijacking mass-murders and brown ones.
Reply 94
I'm surprised it took you 5 pages to reach whatever epiphany that you think you've finally arrived at but I've been maintaining the same point through-out this thread, that is, there is a double standard in the media between white plane hijacking mass-murders and brown ones.

How many brown planes do you see though....

Edit: Damn those racist airlines. Using predominantly white planes!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 95

So that definition is what? Can you define what you mean by terrorist
Reply 96
Yes, terrorism requires a political motive. But let's not pretend that if he was muslim, and there was no proof of any political motive or connection he would hands-down be labelled a terrorist. Sydney siege, case in point.
Reply 97
Original post by s.a.u
Yes, terrorism requires a political motive. But let's not pretend that if he was muslim, and there was no proof of any political motive or connection he would hands-down be labelled a terrorist. Sydney siege, case in point.

I hate to break this to you..... but..... he was a terrorist....
Original post by Aj12
So that definition is what? Can you define what you mean by terrorist

That's irrelevant. I'm solely talking about the Western media's interpretation and who they choose to label as terrorists and people are lapping it up.

Do you really think if the pilot was brown and perhaps even muslim people would make excuses like he was mentally ill even if he truly was ill?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 99
That's irrelevant.

So you want to describe someone as a terrorist despite the fact that refuse the define the word.... Right

Latest

Trending

Trending