The Student Room Group

How to make money???

I'm looking to make some money outside of work and school responsibilities to pay off debts (ie V festival ticket:'(). Ive considered buying and selling stuff on ebay but have no idea what to sell. Anyone have any advice on what to do or sell?

Scroll to see replies

Ebaying, selling in local facebook groups, selling stuff like:

Old clothes
Old games consoles
Old games
New christmas gifts you don't use
Maybe make arts and crafts?

I do surveys on GlobalTestMarket and when I do all the surveys I earn about £30 in two months (that's doing every single survey that comes to me) :smile:
Reply 2
Okay cool thankyou! how many surveys do you have to do and how often?
Original post by OllyPlain
Okay cool thankyou! how many surveys do you have to do and how often?

The more I do the more I get. I used to get like one a day that lasted between 5-60 minutes, now I get around three. It's slow and can be monotonous but you can earn quite a bit if you keep it up :biggrin:
What about doing Avon?
Reply 5
Original post by idontevenbeth
The more I do the more I get. I used to get like one a day that lasted between 5-60 minutes, now I get around three. It's slow and can be monotonous but you can earn quite a bit if you keep it up :biggrin:

Okay thankyou very much for your help:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by purplehedgehog11
What about doing Avon?

Aha im a boy so not sure id be to great at that, but thanks anyway:')
Original post by purplehedgehog11
What about doing Avon?

Aha im a boy so not sure id be to great at that, but thanks anyway:')

AVON isn't worth it. You have to pay for your books and the products and there's usually someone else in your area competing, honestly I wouldn't even recommend it to anyone :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by idontevenbeth
AVON isn't worth it. You have to pay for your books and the products and there's usually someone else in your area competing, honestly I wouldn't even recommend it to anyone :smile:

Yeh not really my cuppa tea!
1. If you have a skill you can sell it.

2. Buy undervalued semi-expensive items for cheap. I'm talking Phones, consoles, tablets etc and sell them on for profit. Usually people don't know what things are worth and just wanna get rid of their item for a little change. I've bought many PS4's on eBay and iPhones and stuff from friends for cheap and put them straight back on eBay for a much higher price.
Reply 10
Original post by Lemon Haze
1. If you have a skill you can sell it.

2. Buy undervalued semi-expensive items for cheap. I'm talking Phones, consoles, tablets etc and sell them on for profit. Usually people don't know what things are worth and just wanna get rid of their item for a little change. I've bought many PS4's on eBay and iPhones and stuff from friends for cheap and put them straight back on eBay for a much higher price.

Don't really have and skills worth selling, but the other things are good ideas! games consoles and games are very popular i suppose, thankyou!
Don't really have and skills worth selling, but the other things are good ideas! games consoles and games are very popular i suppose, thankyou!

Games are very good profit, me and my friends all bought the same PS4 bundle at the same time that included Drive Club, we all agreed to go to CEX to sell our copies but found out we would only get £8 for a brand new sealed copy!

So I decided I could improve the situation by purchasing Drive Club from all my friends for £15 (£7 more than what they would have got) and sold them all on eBay for around £30 each...everybody won!

In fact yesterday I got offered a iPhone 4s for £25 which I bought and will put on eBay soon to make some juicy profit! Look out for friends or family who have valuable unused stuff sitting around and offer to buy it from them.
Reply 12
Original post by Lemon Haze
Games are very good profit, me and my friends all bought the same PS4 bundle at the same time that included Drive Club, we all agreed to go to CEX to sell our copies but found out we would only get £8 for a brand new sealed copy!

So I decided I could improve the situation by purchasing Drive Club from all my friends for £15 (£7 more than what they would have got) and sold them all on eBay for around £30 each...everybody won!

In fact yesterday I got offered a iPhone 4s for £25 which I bought and will put on eBay soon to make some juicy profit! Look out for friends or family who have valuable unused stuff sitting around and offer to buy it from them.

Okay thankyou! yeh i think i'll have a look at games and consoles and see if i can bag any at a good price! thankyou again
You can try stuff like matched betting (which can make money pretty quickly) or online stock trading but they both take quite a bit of reading up on and you need to have some money in the first place.
Also beware! If you make more than about £70000 per year, you MUST be VAT (Value Associated Theft) registered. Plus theres the income tax and NI thing you would have to sort out yourself. Not sure what the limit is before you have to start paying NI or IT tho.
Reply 15
Yeh ive heard stock trading can be quite risky:/ thanks anyway
Reply 16
Aha i dont think ill be making 70K but cheerss, just a few quid to get by
Reply 17
I know it sounds a bit weird but my friend sold her socks on ebay to weirdos and got loads of cash from it haha
Reply 18
Aha im on a shortage of socks anyway but thanks:wink:
Reply 19
Original post by steveyb
I know it sounds a bit weird but my friend sold her socks on ebay to weirdos and got loads of cash from it haha

Her being the key part of that business plan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending