The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

ASK the Official Bedfordshire Rep

Hello,

Welcome to the University of Bedfordshire thread. We thought it would be nice to create this as a place where those of you who have an offer, or are applying to study with us in 2015 (either starting in January or September) can chat to each other and you can also talk to our reps, Amanda, Emma and Siobhan who will answer any questions you have as best we can.

We look forward to hearing from you!

[video="youtube;5NyrQpcOfj4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NyrQpcOfj4[/video]

Reply 1
Hi guys,

I have been sent quite a few letters from UoBedfordshire on open days, a comsci and tech magazine and a thanks for your application letter. None of them state I have an offer and neither does track.

It's a bit odd for them to have sent me a lot of stuff but with no response on track? Is this usual or do you think this means I will get an offer?

Thanks!!!
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
Luton
Visit website
Original post by Erulia
Hi guys,

I have been sent quite a few letters from UoBedfordshire on open days, a comsci and tech magazine and a thanks for your application letter. None of them state I have an offer and neither does track.

It's a bit odd for them to have sent me a lot of stuff but with no response on track? Is this usual or do you think this means I will get an offer?

Thanks!!!

Hi Erulia,

This is usual for us to send out information. It's our way of staying in touch with you. The best thing to do is keep an eye on UCAS track.

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to get in touch

Original post by University of Bedfordshire
Hello,

Welcome to the University of Bedfordshire thread. We thought it would be nice to create this as a place where those of you who have an offer, or are applying to study with us in 2015 (either starting in January or September) can chat to each other and you can also talk to our reps, Amanda, Emma and Siobhan who will answer any questions you have as best we can.

We look forward to hearing from you!

[video="youtube;5NyrQpcOfj4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NyrQpcOfj4[/video]

Hi - would it be possible to gain entry onto your Mental Health Nursing BSc Hons Degree with a Higher National Certificate (and potentially Higher National Diploma) in Social Sciences? The Higher National Certificate and Diploma is essentially made up of Psychology, Sociology, Criminology and Politics. I do not have full Mental Health Nursing experiences, however, I did spent almost two years working as an Apprentice in Business within an Educational Institution which had a lot of students and individuals from the public which suffer from particular issues such as learning and mental difficulties and disabilities, dyslexia, social anxiety and so forth.

I also have around 140-160 UCAS points from other qualifications, an NVQ in Business and Administrations L2, and Adult Numeracy/Functional Skills in Communication both at L2 (and GCSE's C+ including English Language and ICT).

Thanks and have a great day.
Original post by Himynameskiefer
Hi - would it be possible to gain entry onto your Mental Health Nursing BSc Hons Degree with a Higher National Certificate (and potentially Higher National Diploma) in Social Sciences? The Higher National Certificate and Diploma is essentially made up of Psychology, Sociology, Criminology and Politics. I do not have full Mental Health Nursing experiences, however, I did spent almost two years working as an Apprentice in Business within an Educational Institution which had a lot of students and individuals from the public which suffer from particular issues such as learning and mental difficulties and disabilities, dyslexia, social anxiety and so forth.

I also have around 140-160 UCAS points from other qualifications, an NVQ in Business and Administrations L2, and Adult Numeracy/Functional Skills in Communication both at L2 (and GCSE's C+ including English Language and ICT).

Thanks and have a great day.

Hello,

Yes with the qualifications you have said we would consider your application, you would need to apply via www.ucas.com. The deadline for September/March 2015/16 has passed now so your application would be classed as a late application and there is no guarantee it would be considered at this stage. Applications for September 2016 will open September 2015 and as Nursing is one of our extremely popular courses, we would recommend applying as early as possible.

Good Luck with your application

University of Bedfordshire TSR Team
Reply 5
I'm hopefully starting mental health nursing in September 15' I have received my conditional offer - would like to meet some fellow nurses before and also find out when we should get our offer through
Hi Rebtay92,

Your offer will be confirmed once we have received your results and you have met the conditions of the offer. You might find it helpful to start your own forum thread on here to see if there are other students starting mental health nursing in September. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Siobhan
Reply 7
Hi, I am starting in September, I have no idea of timetables, enrolment or what books I should be reading. Will this be sent out shortly, I am getting really nervous. I will be studying Childhood and Youth Studies.
Hello! I am starting in March 2016. I've already registered and applied for the accommodation and it's saying I can book a room now, however, I'm not really sure yet because I haven't really seen all of them...
my top choices were lea, guildford and fitzroy halls.

Can I wait until January? I have a pre-induction day on the 26th of Jan or will it be too late?...

also is there an FB page/group where I can find other people from my course?

Hope to hear from you soon! Thank you!
Hi Zechinellac,

It is likely that we will still have rooms available, however the earlier you apply the better.

We have two Facebook pages that you can like and post on

https://www.facebook.com/jumpintobeds/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/unibeds/

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Siobhan
Hi there,

I'm starting adult nursing in February. I'm currently doing my accommodation application. Do you know how many weeks contract I need to apply for? I'm guessing it's 50 but can't find anything online.

Thanks.
Hi Shaynee267,

You should select the 42 week option. You will then be given the opportunity to add on extra weeks if necessary nearer the time.

Thanks
I picked the 42 weeks one, also, do I have to pick a specific room I want? Because I'm not sure whos going to be in the same flat with me and I prefer to share with other nursing and health care and same gender students if possible...
Hi Zechinellac,

The best people to talk to would be our accommodation team, their email is [email protected] tel (0)1582 405000

Many Thanks,

Siobhan
There's a drop down menu where you choose your choices. You also make like a mini profile of yourself and you can request to be out with certain others, or leave it blank and someone might choose you. That's what I got of it.
Reply 15
Hi,

Any help on this matter please.
I understand the Adult Nursing degree is taught at both the Luton campus (Butterfield Park) and the Aylesbury campus.
Does the location of the interview mean that is where you'd be based if they offer you a place? Do you they only interview for nursing in Aylesbury?

Thanks.
Ohh i see yeah, I made a little description of myself. I was just hoping someone in nursing or healtch care would invite me to join with them xD
Original post by Nanodae
Hi,

I understand the Adult Nursing degree is taught at both the Luton campus (Butterfield Park) and the Aylesbury campus.
Does the location of the interview mean that is where you'd be based if they offer you a place? Do you they only interview for nursing in Aylesbury?

Thanks.

As far as I'm aware, no. I had my interview at Aylesbury but I was asked at the interview my preferred choice, either Aylesbury or Luton. Hope this helps.
Original post by Nanodae
Hi,

Thanks.

Hi Nanodae,

No the campus you have your interview at is not necessarily where you will be studying. You will be asked your preferred campus at the interview.

Thanks,

Siobhan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending