The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PopaPork
Yes it is a yes or no question

Do you reject sharia YES or NO

Like I said, it's not as simple as that. You can't just evaluate my opinion in one word, it's stupid.
Original post by TheCynicalChild
Like I said, it's not as simple as that. You can't just evaluate my opinion in one word, it's stupid.

I have a better question, do you condone homosexuality?

Yes I can I can see if you reject sharia (you know the thing that teaches muslims I have to be killed)

so YES or NO
Original post by DiddyDec
I have a better question, do you condone homosexuality?

I don't really support it but I don't really condemn it either. People's sexuality is a private thing so I don't think I have the right to criticise it or anything. From what I've seen, people are far too opinionated about the matters of someone else and it does absolutely no good to anyone.
When the ukrainian rebel storm government buildings I dont see US troops wanting to defend legitimate government despite the fact that the ukrainian president was perfectly democratically elected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I can I can see if you reject sharia (you know the thing that teaches muslims I have to be killed)

so YES or NO

Oh, give it up. I already told you I wouldn't say anything to you for being gay (so dw I'm not going to kill you) but that doesn't mean I don't disbelieve in every single aspect of Sharia Law.
Oh, give it up. I already told you I wouldn't say anything to you for being gay (so dw I'm not going to kill you) but that doesn't mean I don't disbelieve in every single aspect of Sharia Law.

Ah so you are unwilling to say you reject sharia the thing that teaches you that I should be killed for being who I am

Thanks for proving my point so succinctly
I don't really support it but I don't really condemn it either. People's sexuality is a private thing so I don't think I have the right to criticise it or anything. From what I've seen, people are far too opinionated about the matters of someone else and it does absolutely no good to anyone.

You should become a politician, you are great at dodging questions.

A simple yes would have sufficed. If you accept it then you condone it.

so that's a NO then :rolleyes:

thanks for saying you don't accept who I am now do tell me why I should accept who you are

Did you see a yes?

I didn't :biggrin:

'I don't really support it but I don't really condemn it either'

but yes perfect politicians answer as we both though different things
Ah so you are unwilling to say you reject sharia the thing that teaches you that I should be killed for being who I am

Well if he said that he rejected Shariah, you'd probably point out that to some Muslims that's an act of apostasy in itself. And if he said he supports it, you'll call him an extremist and say he supports the death penalty for homosexuality :rolleyes:

So am I correct in thinking you hate all followers of Abrahamic religions(as they all prohibit homosexuality), or is it Muslims alone?

Not unwilling, just not even sure myself. How am I supposed to give you a clear answer when I don't even have one? I don't know all the laws of Sharia so how can I? And out of everything the one thing that I actually HAVE said, is that I would not support not even the killing of you, but even anything said to you. I'm showing compassion so it astounds me as to why you victimise yourself for no reason?

Thanks, Dave taught me well last night. I'm just impartial-people have criticised my sexuality claiming that there's something wrong with me if I don't in the least like girls (am a girl btw) and since I didn't like that, I wouldn't do it to other people.

so that's a NO then :rolleyes:

thanks for saying you don't accept who I am now do tell me why I should accept who you are

Not even sure if it's worth discussing with you anymore since you are quite literally plucking opinions out of thin air. I accept you for who you are as a person because I believe everyone deserves that right (as long as you're not some maniac psycho serial killer). Your sexuality is part of you as a person but doesn't completely define who you are. I know with my friends, I don't define and distinguish between them for their sexualities-they are their own people and deserve more than that.

Did you see a yes?

I didn't :biggrin:

'I don't really support it but I don't really condemn it either'

but yes perfect politicians answer as we both though different things

It's being impartial. I'm not going to butt in on your sexuality because it's your own thing-do what you want.
Original post by childofthesun
Well if he said that he rejected Shariah, you'd probably point out that to some Muslims that's an act of apostasy in itself. And if he said he supports it, you'll call him an extremist and say he supports the death penalty for homosexuality :rolleyes:

So am I correct in thinking you hate all followers of Abrahamic religions(as they all prohibit homosexuality), or is it Muslims alone?

tfw everyone think u a boy </3
Original post by childofthesun

No I wouldn't I simply want to know if they reject the ideology that says I should be killed because I'm gay don't play games with what you think I'll say please

Yes you'd be correct
I accept you for who you are as a person because I believe everyone deserves that right

Your sexuality is part of you as a person but doesn't completely define who you are. I know with my friends, I don't define and distinguish between them for their sexualities-they are their own people and deserve more than that.

mealy mouthed excuses

condone = accept

condone
kənˈdəʊn/
verb
verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning

accept

In response to 'I have a better question, do you condone homosexuality?' you said

'I don't really support it but I don't really condemn it either.'

So shall we try again

Do you accept homosexuality

accept
[ak-sept]

Synonyms
Examples
Word Origin

verb (used with object)
to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor:
mealy mouthed excuses

condone = accept

condone
kənˈdəʊn/
verb
verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning

accept

In response to 'I have a better question, do you condone homosexuality?' you said

'I don't really support it but I don't really condemn it either.'

So shall we try again

Do you accept homosexuality

accept
[ak-sept]

Synonyms
Examples
Word Origin

verb (used with object)
to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor:

That patronising manner isn't winning you any points. In fact, you're losing my respect rapidly by asking stupid questions, being assuming and implying I don't know what words mean. I have stated where I stand repeatedly-I am impartial and whatever lifestyle choices you make are yours alone and don't deserve to be criticised therefore I have no place to say anything about what YOU do. That doesn't mean I'll salute you in public for being gay nor will I throw stuff at you either.

No I wouldn't I simply want to know if they reject the ideology that says I should be killed because I'm gay don't play games with what you think I'll say please

Yes you'd be correct

I've already said you don't deserve to be killed or even have anything said to you.

At least for your sexuality, your ignorance deserves some recognition though.
That patronising manner

I'm patronising you because you refuse to answer a straight question and FYI my sexuality is NOT a lifestyle choice

do you accept my homosexuality

Do you reject sharia the ideology that says I should be killed for who I am

Both are Yes or No questions.

Your unwillingness to answer these is quite telling but expected
(edited 9 years ago)
I am impartial and whatever lifestyle choices you make are yours alone

The use of the loaded word "lifestyle choice" would suggest otherwise

What do you think the sin of Lut is? And what is it's punishment?
I'm patronising you because you refuse to answer a straight question and FYI my sexuality is NOT a lifestyle choice

do you accept my homosexuality

Do you reject sharia the ideology that says I should be killed for who I am

Both are Yes or No questions.

Your unwillingness to answer these is quite telling but expected

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm muslim but I have nothing against gay people and have gay friends. Do you still hate me and what to taint all Muslims with the same brush?

Latest

Trending

Trending