The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShotsFired-9941
A terrorist should be someone who is motivated to destroy human lives to create instability and fear.

This co-pilot destroyed lives, spread fear and created an fanatic scene everywhere in the aviation industry. He was a terrorist who was not a militant.

If you can pick and choose how to define things, does anything have any meaning?
Original post by Truths
I think it's time to log off :indiff:

But I mean.. he's not white. So where are you going with this?:indiff:

We must agree to disagree then. He is Caucasian a synonym for white.
Original post by PopaPork
'should be' but it's not

you don't get to redefine words to suit yourself that's just not how it works

Such a pity... innit

Original post by TornadoGR4
Terrorist
a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims

Sure the co-pilot wouldn't fit this description...

Original post by jameswhughes
If you can pick and choose how to define things, does anything have any meaning?

hahaa I just think it's high time the dictionary folks tweaked this word's definition
Now what happened to "media isn't always right"? It's pretty clear that you haven't read past the title. Wouldn't expect you to fall for click bait with all your anti guardian tirades. The actual contents of the article reads, "tsarnaevs are caucasians"
Original post by DiddyDec
We must agree to disagree then. He is Caucasian a synonym for white.
Nope there is a pertinent distinction that you are failing to grasp.

White and Caucasian are terms that have been widely termed as the same. But it is only a misconception. A White is never called as Caucasian whereas a Caucasian can be called as white.
When comparing the two races, Caucasian is a larger race when compared to the other. The Caucasian race consists of North Africans, Arabs, Whites, Somalians, some people in India and Ethiopians. On the other hand, white are mostly people who belong to Europe.

Read more: Difference Between White and Caucasian | Difference Between | White vs Caucasian http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-white-and-caucasian/#ixzz3VboMFN7o

But I mean. You tried :bebored:
Original post by Truths
Now what happened to "media isn't always right"? It's pretty clear that you haven't read past the title. Wouldn't expect you to fall for click bait with all your anti guardian tirades. The actual contents of the article reads, "tsarnaevs are caucasians"
Nope there is a pertinent distinction that you are failing to grasp.

But I mean. You tried :bebored:

Sometimes the media is right.

Synonym, look it up.
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
Such a pity... innit

Sure the co-pilot wouldn't fit this description...

hahaa I just think it's high time the dictionary folks tweaked this word's definition

There's no evidence it was done for political aims. You could say he was a suicidal pilot, or a murdering suicidal pilot, but it doesn't make him a terrorist as there's nothing to suggest it was for political reasons, which is what a terrorist is.
Original post by DiddyDec
Sometimes the media is right.

Synonym, look it up.

The one that clutches onto "synonyms" for dear life, is the same one complaining about semantics a page back. Hmm.

So Johar wasn't white. Moving on...
Original post by young_guns
:lol: You are such a hypocrite.

This whole thread is about you and the OP playing a victim card.

PP is not playing any victim card. He is pointing out that vile, extremist Islamic countries are murdering gay people and it is completely reasonable therefore to look askance at Islam and ask why they are the only ones who are so insanely murdery about it.

There is no question that if there was a homosexual state that murdered Muslims for their religion, and if Muslims around the world were being attacked by gay people, you would have a problem with it.

But why his issue only with muslims? What about Christians? It's not only muslims who oppose homosexuality that's why I said he was using it as an excuse to hide his dislike for muslims and minorities in general.

If I remember correctly,you were also attempting to play the victim card
If he was brown or black oeople would say terrorist and/or mentally ill.

But he's white so it's mental illness and no more.
Original post by young_guns
Oh come on, this has nothing to do with race (as Muslims can be white as well) and everything to do with a murderous ideology called Islamism.

Whether Dzhokar is white or not (I would tend to say he is... and to use the official protected characteristic categories, he wouldn't be White British but he would be White Other) is completely irrelevant. What is important was that he is a murdering Islamist terrorist.

Keep telling yourself that :mmm:
Original post by bittr n swt

That's not true at all, as you would know had you read any of this thread.
Original post by jameswhughes
That's not true at all, as you would know had you read any of this thread.

It is clearly true there's loads of uneducated fools out there who would shout terrorism straight away. The newspaper probably won't say terrorist but public will.

Not according to the people on this thread :mmm:
Original post by Truths
Well.... he aint.

He definitely doesn't look white to me
All the imbeciles here going on about how nobody thinks of white people as terrorists. They're too ignorant to have heard of this country called Ireland.
Original post by KingStannis
All the imbeciles here going on about how nobody thinks of white people as terrorists. They're too ignorant to have heard of this country called Ireland.

who the **** knows ireland....some small insignificant country on its own.
Worldwide they pose no threat but worldwide everyone knows of how most terrorists are brown/black
who the **** knows ireland....some small insignificant country on its own.
Worldwide they pose no threat but worldwide everyone knows of how most terrorists are brown/black

15 years ago you're conception of a terrorist would be a white Catholic Irish person.
There is no reason to believe this guy was a terrorist.
Original post by KingStannis
15 years ago you're conception of a terrorist would be a white Catholic Irish person.

I would probably agree with you but those days are rapidly fadng away. I haven't heard of any terrosim in ireland..probably in northern ireland a few times.

White people can be terrorists but they won't be labeled as one
Reply 239
Because as far as we know he didn't do it for political or ideological reasons?

Latest

Trending

Trending