Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous #2
I completely understand this :hugs: You want to be a good friend by helping them but making yourself worse in the process :sadnod:

You're not stupid or useless at all :hugs:

-------------------

Got another job interview! Sick of having interviews and then not getting the job. Makes me feel rubbish and crushes my already dwindling self-esteem but I am determined to get this one.

Haven't been feeling overly bad over the last few days really. Instead of having low-level anxiety all the time it now just comes in intense bursts. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck for interview! Sure it'll be fine :smile: Glad you're okish too, although intense bursts of anxiety aren't exactly fun either in my experience :s-smilie::console:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks. Sorry for being annoying and cryptic. It's just

Spoiler

:hugs:

:jumphug: Please try stay safe! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

:hugs: I have few friends here at uni with MH issues which are normally fine for me to discuss with them but on bad days can make be feel terrible.
I always tell myself to fit my own oxygen mask first. It's good advice on a plane and also for potentially triggering conversations.
If the topic veers towards something you don't want to talk about maybe tell your friend that you want to support her but right now you aren't in the right frame of mind to discuss thing and hey what about that other thing you have in common?
Thanks ladies :redface:

Can always speak to me too, i'm not easily triggered!
Original post by furryface12

Good luck for interview! Sure it'll be fine :smile: Glad you're okish too, although intense bursts of anxiety aren't exactly fun either in my experience :s-smilie::console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks furry :hugs:

Hope you're ok :smile:
Not useless at all :nah: You're fabby. It's just you're ill too and she's putting you in a bad place, inadvertently. As long as you phrase it kindly and diplomatically, she should be a good friend and talk to someone else without taking offence :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous #2

Spoiler

Original post by furryface12

Spoiler

Original post by Valvopus
:hugs: I have few friends here at uni with MH issues which are normally fine for me to discuss with them but on bad days can make be feel terrible.
I always tell myself to fit my own oxygen mask first. It's good advice on a plane and also for potentially triggering conversations.
If the topic veers towards something you don't want to talk about maybe tell your friend that you want to support her but right now you aren't in the right frame of mind to discuss thing and hey what about that other thing you have in common?

Thanks everyone. I know that being up front would be better, I just find it so hard, I'm scared that they'll get upset. :s-smilie: I know they're struggling a lot right now, so I'm trying to help, etc., but I'm not doing that great either. Just think that if I upset them by saying they're being triggering, they'll hate me or something. Worried they'll not want to be friends anymore and I hate being abandoned by people. :frown: Will definitely try to tell her my concerns if it happens again though. Meltdowns are really stressful and I almost broke my tablet in the process (threw it at the wall). :facepalm:

Really need to try and get that under control too.
Original post by Pathway
Thanks everyone. I know that being up front would be better, I just find it so hard, I'm scared that they'll get upset. :s-smilie: I know they're struggling a lot right now, so I'm trying to help, etc., but I'm not doing that great either. Just think that if I upset them by saying they're being triggering, they'll hate me or something. Worried they'll not want to be friends anymore and I hate being abandoned by people. :frown: Will definitely try to tell her my concerns if it happens again though. Meltdowns are really stressful and I almost broke my tablet in the process (threw it at the wall). :facepalm:

Really need to try and get that under control too.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You'll never be abandoned by us!! :h: From the small amount of time I have spoken to you, you are one special person and one that deserves as much positive vibes as one could possibly get! :biggrin:

I hope you'll feel all right soon!! :hugs:
Original post by IDukem

You'll never be abandoned by us!! :h: From the small amount of time I have spoken to you, you are one special person and one that deserves as much positive vibes as one could possibly get! :biggrin:

I hope you'll feel all right soon!! :hugs:

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. :hugs: How are you doing?
So, I'm going off to college next year. And they have sent me a letter wanting to know more information about the support needs that i have told them about. I have a bit of a problem... My mum doesn't know that i receive support at school, she only knows about my exam access arrangements. How do i go about this to the college? I think I'm going to ask the person that i see at school to email the college and tell them about the things, but I'm a bit worried that they (the college) will write home again and my mum will want to see what they say to me.

I honestly don't know what to do.
So seeing crisis team twice a day now. Better than hoist pal though.
Original post by Team_McDreamy
if it helps, my psych said he'd consider prescribing me a mood stabliser for EUPD and i'm not bipolar. mood stabilisers can be added on to pretty much any drug regime when you're having sudden lows or stuff like that, not necessarily bipolar - maybe they prescribed it because you're having more and more anxiety/paranoia? hope it helps!

That does help, thank you. :smile:

I'm definitely getting a lot of anxiety and my mood isn't great so I guess it could be to help with those. :beard:

Should have asked but I never think of these things at the time. :facepalm:

Original post by Nathanielle
Well, I am no hero, either.

Not at all, rather crying, ill again adn torn between definitely wanting to get back into training and never come again, because my abilities just
decreased and I am frustrated and say mean things to the others. Nobody needs someone like this and then, when they focus on nationals,
what shall I do ...

I get what you mean about wanting to play but also not wanted to ever show up again - I had that problem with hockey. Is there any way you could give it a rest until next season? Although obviously you won't improve at rugby in that time, you might be able to go in with a clean slate and try your best again. Dunno, just an idea :dontknow:
Original post by Noodlzzz

Hope the crisis team helps and you manage to stay out of hospital. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. :hugs: How are you doing?

I'm glad it does! You're amazing to us and so we could never abandon you...nu-uh, you're way to kind for that to happen :h: I'm doing fine actually! Not great, but at the same time not bad ether :smile: I applied for helping first year students next year! I hope I'll be allowed s people think I'd be good at it :colondollar:

So today has consisted of:

- 2 x phonecalls to psych (who wasn't there :bawling: )
- 2 x phonecalls to duty nurse at hospital
- 1 x phonecall to GP surgery (GP not in til Monday :bawling: )
- 1 x emergency dash to my mental health hospital to meet duty nurse
- 1 x useless phonecall to Crisis Line at 3.30am this morning

Today has not been my day #TLGProblems :nope:

TLG Update: Nurse on leave, therapist doesn't work at the hospital on Fridays, psychiatrist not at her desk :bawling: Waiting for duty nurse to phone :cry2:

If I make it to Sat in one piece, I'm away with work on a residential in Kent. Not taking my laptop and the days are packed full of music coaching. Assume that I'm non-contactable from, say, 9pm this evening to Monday 4pm

Hopefully that works out for you.

It won't happen here. Anyone who tries to judge you will answer to my wrath, and indeed the wrath of all MHSS :security: :mob: :fuhrer:

Thank you. :smile:

Stay strong TLG! Much love heading our way through, digital world, time and space :hugs:
Original post by IDukem

Stay strong TLG! Much love heading our way through, digital world, time and space :hugs:

Thank you Dukey darling :colondollar:

:hugs: hopefully you're gonna be okay TLG!
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:hugs: hopefully you're gonna be okay TLG!

Original post by IDukem
I'm glad it does! You're amazing to us and so we could never abandon you...nu-uh, you're way to kind for that to happen :h: I'm doing fine actually! Not great, but at the same time not bad ether :smile: I applied for helping first year students next year! I hope I'll be allowed s people think I'd be good at it :colondollar:

Thank you! so are you! :h: Oh, that sounds awesome, generally helping them or within your department? Something else? I'd love to do something like that, but I'm so bad with working with a lot of new people all at once. :colondollar: When do you find out if you're allowed?

Here if you need someone to talk to.

:console:

:console: Sorry to hear everything is so bad atm, TLG. :frown: I'm around if you need anything ok? :hugs:

Latest