The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
:console: Sorry to hear everything is so bad atm, TLG. :frown: I'm around if you need anything ok? :hugs:

Thanks hun, I both know and appreciate that. Not gonna risk triggering you though :nope:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thank you Dukey darling :colondollar:

:lovehug:

Original post by Pathway
Thank you! so are you! :h: Oh, that sounds awesome, generally helping them or within your department? Something else? I'd love to do something like that, but I'm so bad with working with a lot of new people all at once. :colondollar: When do you find out if you're allowed?

Helping those doing my course heading into first year! I lied a little on my application form by saying I just do Education, but I'm going to do joint honours for the next years starting in September. I hope that's not bad :colondollar: I think you an choose how many you wish to help out...I think :smile: No idea, probably some point over Easter :biggrin:
So low :frown: Can't even motivate myself to try and distract myself, just hiding in bed crying and overthinking everything which is just stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks hun, I both know and appreciate that. Not gonna risk triggering you though :nope:

Always here if you want a chat <3 :hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Always here if you want a chat <3 :hugs:

Thank you, that's very kind of you :redface:

:hugs:
my bro just randomly messaged me on FB with this and it cheered me up so i thought i'd pass it on! :biggrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfY9GRe7SI

Still though, even if it's just to talk about something unrelated that you enjoy I'm here (not sure if that'd help at all? Sorry. :s-smilie:)

Original post by IDukem
:lovehug:

Helping those doing my course heading into first year! I lied a little on my application form by saying I just do Education, but I'm going to do joint honours for the next years starting in September. I hope that's not bad :colondollar: I think you an choose how many you wish to help out...I think :smile: No idea, probably some point over Easter :biggrin:

That sounds awesome and I don't think they'd be mad. :nah: Hope you get it! :hugs:
Original post by furryface12
So low :frown: Can't even motivate myself to try and distract myself, just hiding in bed crying and overthinking everything which is just stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww furry :frown: Am around if you need a chat. Big hugs from me :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here if you need anything too. :hugs:
bleh. still feeling very sad. still haven't managed coursework. picked up post and got letter from the pointless 5 minute appointment I had 2 weeks ago.. she said she would write about how far along my referral is, and wrote nothing. also GP said she would try and set something up over easter and email me over a week ago now, and still nothing. now shes not in for a while either. ffs. I may as well give up on the whole thing, don't think I will ever get better with the **** 'help' here.
Original post by Pathway
Here if you need anything too. :hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
Aww furry :frown: Am around if you need a chat. Big hugs from me :penguinhug:

I'll be fine, I'll just end up moaning at you both and don't know what I'd say anyway. Sorry, thank you- are you two ok? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Almost April and it's snowing again. Not enough to settle but enough to make it ****ing cold. :tongue:

I keep getting images of what I need to do to myself in my mind. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, no distractions are working, just sitting bearing it. :frown:
Original post by Pathway
Still though, even if it's just to talk about something unrelated that you enjoy I'm here (not sure if that'd help at all? Sorry. :s-smilie:)

That probs would help, but stupid brain tells me I'd be bothering you :s-smilie: So Idk :dontknow:

I have taken some Phenergan PRN (sleeping tablet), so hopefully can have an early night and a good night's sleep :colondollar:
I'll be fine, I'll just end up moaning at you both and don't know what I'd say anyway. Sorry, thank you- are you two ok? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not moaning at all! You can rant, I don't mind. I'm ok. Just really spaced out for some reason? :dontknow: I'm better than I was earlier though.

Original post by Sabertooth
Almost April and it's snowing again. Not enough to settle but enough to make it ****ing cold. :tongue:

I keep getting images of what I need to do to myself in my mind. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, no distractions are working, just sitting bearing it. :frown:

Would talking help at all? :console:

That probs would help, but stupid brain tells me I'd be bothering you :s-smilie: So Idk :dontknow:

I have taken some Phenergan PRN (sleeping tablet), so hopefully can have an early night and a good night's sleep :colondollar:

Definitely wouldn't be annoying at all. :nah: PM if you want. :hugs: Hope you're able to sleep and I hope you have a good (safe!) time on your trip. :smile: :penguinhug:
Realised I don't have the social life I want to have anymore. Friends dropping out of contact and dropping out of shared hobbies and stuff. I'm not really getting much fulfillment from that side of life right now.

Anyone got any tips or discussion on this? I've lost the ability to find new hobbies and friends and really just don't know how :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
Realised I don't have the social life I want to have anymore. Friends dropping out of contact and dropping out of shared hobbies and stuff. I'm not really getting much fulfillment from that side of life right now.

Anyone got any tips or discussion on this? I've lost the ability to find new hobbies and friends and really just don't know how :s-smilie:

Oops this was me :colondollar:
Original post by Pathway
Definitely wouldn't be annoying at all. :nah: PM if you want. :hugs: Hope you're able to sleep and I hope you have a good (safe!) time on your trip. :smile: :penguinhug:

Thanks hun. Have had to pull out of the trip :frown: They were very nice about it but I feel so bad :emo:

Original post by Anonymous

Would you like to reconnect with these friends or are you not so fussed? It's hard to keep up with friends and hobbies and stuff when you have mental health problems :sadnod:

If they are friends you are interested in keeping, even a simple 'hey, sorry we haven't seen each other for a while, not been well/not been myself' text can go a long way. I say that as someone who has a friend who is very decidedly pushing me away, due to her ED :frown: I honestly don't mind if she doesn't want to/can't see me, but it's the not knowing that gets me and my other friends in that group down :yes:

Obviously if you have no interest in reconnecting with these friends, then just ignore me :colondollar:
OMG, the stuff about this plane pilot is really pissing me off now. they don't even know what he was treated for ffs. urgh. making me rage.
Would you like to reconnect with these friends or are you not so fussed? It's hard to keep up with friends and hobbies and stuff when you have mental health problems :sadnod:

If they are friends you are interested in keeping, even a simple 'hey, sorry we haven't seen each other for a while, not been well/not been myself' text can go a long way. I say that as someone who has a friend who is very decidedly pushing me away, due to her ED :frown: I honestly don't mind if she doesn't want to/can't see me, but it's the not knowing that gets me and my other friends in that group down :yes:

Obviously if you have no interest in reconnecting with these friends, then just ignore me :colondollar:

I'm not holding it against them, people move on and lose interest in shared hobbies (which is often what keeps people friends with each other). Can empathise with your situation there too although it doesn't apply to this situation, this time at least.

I used to ride bikes every weekend with one of my best friends, and he no longer has any interest in doing that, having found other hobbies I can't afford right now (we stay in contact via facebook chat most days but we don't see each other more than once every other month), and i don't do my usual sunday badminton anymore because the friends I did that with no longer committed to it or had the time so I see them once a week at best.

My uni friends are great but outside of occasional pool after uni we don't see each other because they play a sport I can't play.

I feel like i'm not involved in anything bigger at the minute. Cycling used to be my hobby and lifestyle, but at the minute i'm riding alone and it's quite depressing.
Original post by Pathway
Would talking help at all? :console:

I don't want to trigger you, but thanks for the offer. :colondollar:

Latest