The Student Room Group

Plane crash: Germanwings A320 crashes in French Alps

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
Do you not think people with physical or mental conditions that compromise the safety of large numbers of people owe a duty of care to the people whose lives they are responsible for and should either not undertake such jobs or do so under medical supervision?

The key word you miss from your opening sentence is *could*. Those conditions could compromise safety.

It has been noted by mental health professionals - and I take their word for it as I have no clue - that there is no way you can guarantee you actually spot such things. Rigorous testing only goes so far.

A two person flight deck rule is, to be honest, the easier solution.

Until pilotless planes come about, that is.
Reply 201
The BBC has this now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32087203

It looks like the forensic evidence taken away earlier must have been the sick notes.

Ironic the investigator have been hiding the sick notes too, hiding the evidence form the public, that's sick!!
Original post by esbo
Ironic the investigator have been hiding the sick notes too, hiding the evidence form the public, that's sick!!

What? The investigators have announced their discovery of the sick notes. The hiding was done by the co-pilot.
Original post by esbo

Are you suggesting that we should have a live feed to them and find out everything before they've had a chance to work out what it is and what relevancy it has?

Don't you think that's a tad impractical?
Reply 204
All I have seen is that he was teased about having been a flight steward and called Tomato Andy. That sounds like very mild bullying, if it constitutes bullying at all.

If he has a medical condition that compromises the safety of lots of people it is right that he should be under scrutiny and, in the final analysis, lose his job if necessary.

Name calling is bullying and it is not mild bullying it is full blown bullying.

He had no condition that compromised safety.

Depression does not make someone murder, that is ludicrous.

Stopping him flying simple becasue he has depression is another form of bullying and deeply insulting to those suffering form depression.

The problem here seems to be bulling not depression.
Reply 205
Original post by Drewski
Are you suggesting that we should have a live feed to them and find out everything before they've had a chance to work out what it is and what relevancy it has?

Don't you think that's a tad impractical?

Yes that is *exactly* what I am suggestion, a public enquiry without secrecy, secrecy is the tool of evil people and the rot of corruption and wrong doing.

It is the clack under which evil happens.

Yea so you are 100% correct, well done on finding the solution to air safety, you deserved a medal!!

It is not for them to work out what went wrong, that is a job for the public, they are there merely to publicise the evidence.
Reply 206
What? The investigators have announced their discovery of the sick notes. The hiding was done by the co-pilot.

After a delay of several days.

Why??

Why safety improvement did the delay bring?

None, they our lives at risk and these people are supposed to be safety experts.

SACK EM!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by esbo
Yes that is *exactly* what I am suggestion, a public enquiry without secrecy, secrecy is the tool of evil people and the rot of corruption and wrong doing.

It is the clack under which evil happens.

Yea so you are 100% correct, well done on finding the solution to air safety, you deserved a medal!!

It is not for them to work out what went wrong, that is a job for the public, they are there merely to publicise the evidence.

That's complete lunacy.

The reports of all crashes are made public, after the experts who know how to look for things and what those things mean, cab explain what they've found.

Are you seriously suggesting that you should get unfettered access to the crash site? Why? What place do you have there?

There's a level of secrecy that's not helpful, but these kinds of investigations are nowhere near that. It is a public enquiry. I really don't see where you're coming from.
Reply 208
Original post by Drewski
That's complete lunacy.

The reports of all crashes are made public, after the experts who know how to look for things and what those things mean, cab explain what they've found.

Are you seriously suggesting that you should get unfettered access to the crash site? Why? What place do you have there?

There's a level of secrecy that's not helpful, but these kinds of investigations are nowhere near that. It is a public enquiry. I really don't see where you're coming from.

The only lunacy here is coming from you.

1) They are not experts. The only thing they are expert in is

a) hiding evidence.

b) delaying enquiries

c) keeping themselves in an over paid job.

d) endangering the safely of the public.

e) self promotion.

2) Evidence should be protected not hidden, so no unfettered access but all evidence found should be made public *immediately*.

As you may well know the police often use the public to aid searches.

There is unhelpful secrecy, the "experts" plotted to hold back evidence and delay the enquiry for "weeks even months" untill the facts were leaked to the press.

Then we have the shambles of the "experts" telling us what we already know.

It is not a public enquiey it is a secret one which plots to be painfully slow endangering the public.
Original post by esbo
The only lunacy here is coming from you.

1) They are not experts. The only thing they are expert in is

a) hiding evidence.

b) delaying enquiries

c) keeping themselves in an over paid job.

d) endangering the safely of the public.

e) self promotion.

2) Evidence should be protected not hidden, so no unfettered access but all evidence found should be made public *immediately*.

As you may well know the police often use the public to aid searches.

There is unhelpful secrecy, the "experts" plotted to hold back evidence and delay the enquiry for "weeks even months" untill the facts were leaked to the press.

Then we have the shambles of the "experts" telling us what we already know.

It is not a public enquiey it is a secret one which plots to be painfully slow endangering the public.

This is just absurd and not remotely true. There is due process to be observed, that is what's happening.
Reply 210
Original post by Drewski
This is just absurd and not remotely true. There is due process to be observed, that is what's happening.

It is not due process it is the wrong process and a process whcih has already endangered lives.

These experts are not experts, if they were this incident would not have happened.

They are overpaid pomps experts in useless ceremony nothing more.

Like some useless "Church of the Expert" at whose altar you dogishly worship.
Original post by esbo
It is not due process it is the wrong process and a process whcih has already endangered lives.

These experts are not experts, if they were this incident would not have happened.

They are overpaid pomps experts in useless ceremony nothing more.

Like some useless "Church of the Expert" at whose altar you dogishly worship.

What on earth are you on about

Are you talking about the crash scene and air accident investigators, or something else?

Are you trying to imply there's some conspiracy going on?

Who's life has been put at risk in the last 3 days?

I'm struggling to understand your angle here.
Reply 212
Original post by Drewski
What on earth are you on about

Are you talking about the crash scene and air accident investigators, or something else?

Are you trying to imply there's some conspiracy going on?

Who's life has been put at risk in the last 3 days?

I'm struggling to understand your angle here.

Delaying the investigation and withholding information endangers lives.

It really is as simple as that and that is what they did.

They don't care about safety either actively of through gross stupidity.
Original post by esbo
Delaying the investigation and withholding information endangers lives.

It really is as simple as that and that is what they did.

They don't care about safety either actively of through gross stupidity.

Who had delayed anything?

Who's life has been put at risk?

Who are you actually talking about?
Reply 214
Original post by Drewski
Who had delayed anything?

Who's life has been put at risk?

Who are you actually talking about?

The investigators were delaying, key information was withheld and
only became public via a leak.

One reason for this is corruption, the investigates report is valuable it can save the airlines billions if it clear the airline of negligence.

We have already seen an abuse of this kind, Lufthansa maintained their failed safety cockpit procedure which resulted in the loss of 157 live did not need to be changed.

An unbelievable decision, mind boggling, but the reason for it is now clear to me. Changing the procedure would be an admission of negligence costing them billions.

They have since had to change that procedure. Why?

Because the information is in the public domain, people like you and the "experts" would have all such thing kept secret allowing such life endangering corruption to take place.

People in business know the right people to bribe, the experts, and they have the money and will to do it.

Thaty is why there should be be no secrecy in the investigation.

The reaosn the experts wanted to delay was to negotiate their fees with the various corrupt bodies bribing them.

FACT!
Original post by esbo

FACT!

You do know that just because you say fact doesn't actually make it a fact, right?
Reply 216
Original post by Drewski
You do know that just because you say fact doesn't actually make it a fact, right?

Yes I do, however what I said prior to that prove it to be a fact.

FACT!!
Original post by esbo

We have already seen an abuse of this kind, Lufthansa maintained their failed safety cockpit procedure which resulted in the loss of 157 live did not need to be changed.

When you say "their" I assume you mean Lufthansa and many, many other airlines?

I don't see any evidence of the investigation being delayed either.
Reply 218
Original post by InnerTemple
When you say "their" I assume you mean Lufthansa and many, many other airlines?

I don't see any evidence of the investigation being delayed either.

it refers specifically to Lufthansa in the context it was used but you should not make assumption based on what I have not said.

We know that information detailing the cause the crash was leaked, so we know it was withheld deliberately for some time.

If you can't see the evidence then maybe you should become a crash investigator, they welcome useless and incompetence people, you would fit in well.
Original post by esbo
it refers specifically to Lufthansa in the context it was used but you should not make assumption based on what I have not said.

You what?

Original post by esbo
We know that information detailing the cause the crash was leaked, so we know it was withheld deliberately for some time.

If you can't see the evidence then maybe you should become a crash investigator, they welcome useless and incompetence people, you would fit in well.

What are you talking about. The investigation has moved on swiftly.

The plane crashed on the 24th. The cockpit voice recorder was found the same day. Audio files were pulled (reported on the 25th). By the 26th the team announced that they suspected the plane had been deliberately crashed.

The same day the co-pilot's homes were being searched.

Quick Reply

Latest