The Student Room Group

Gcse help please.

I actually am so scared for my GCSE'S. My first exam is on the fifth of may and I have started revision from the first of march but I feel like the time is so close and I am not where I want to be in terms of revision. I am a person who cares a lot for their studies and works so hard, I just feel like my hard work isnt going to pay of and it really upsets me. At the moment I am making notes for unit 3 for physics, biology, and chemistry (AQA) as still haven't been taught them at school and I need to start learning them. I am actively revising for English lit and lang so that should be fine. My maths is also one of my weaknesses but I am trying to focus on making my science notes so I have abandoned pretty much subjects like maths, history, philosophy and ethics and sports science. I just want some help on how to stay calm and how I can get the best grades (mainly A's) with the remaining time I have left, thanks so much.
I'm in the exact same situation (same exam boards for the sciences too).
Don't stress! We're on Easter half-term now, so plenty of time to revise/catch up.
This is probably quite ironic of me to comment (as I'm Miss Super Stress!) but please don't panic. Try to set out a revision timetable so you know what you need to do and when.
Make sure you have regular 10 min breaks after every 20, 30 or 40 mins (depending on which time suits you best).
I know exercise isn't for everyone, but try doing a little bit - exercise releases endorphins which reduce stress levels. Also, try not to pig out with a load of junk food; making a few healthy choices here and there 'keeps your brain healthy'. Oh, and keep hydrated - especially with water, not fizzy drinks!
Get plenty of sleep and don't stop doing what you love (e.g. reading); maybe have 30mins-1hr a day dedicated to doing what you love, then spend a lot of the other time revising.
Don't panic, there's still plenty of time if you use it effectively!! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
don't be worried about gcses. I only revised the night before and did fine
Reply 3
In my personal opinion You should not abondon any subject ESPECIALLY MATHS, like you need that to get it any college. I do suggest that you do what Lauren said. Eventhough I don't always follow my revsion timetable, I would revise for 40 mins and then break for 20. Also this half term, this is what I'm doing, I'm going to spend one day on each subject and then test my self either at the end of the two weeks or at the end of the day to see if I have revised, or taught myself effectively. Also I am teaching myself in p3 and c3 AND because I wasn't serious about my studies last year I'm re-doing the whole of biology which means that I also have to re-learn the entire specification with very very little assistance. Don't forget that there are always tools online to hep you with your revision.
Reply 4
Original post by Lauren-x-
I'm in the exact same situation (same exam boards for the sciences too).
Don't stress! We're on Easter half-term now, so plenty of time to revise/catch up.
This is probably quite ironic of me to comment (as I'm Miss Super Stress!) but please don't panic. Try to set out a revision timetable so you know what you need to do and when.
Make sure you have regular 10 min breaks after every 20, 30 or 40 mins (depending on which time suits you best).
I know exercise isn't for everyone, but try doing a little bit - exercise releases endorphins which reduce stress levels. Also, try not to pig out with a load of junk food; making a few healthy choices here and there 'keeps your brain healthy'. Oh, and keep hydrated - especially with water, not fizzy drinks!
Get plenty of sleep and don't stop doing what you love (e.g. reading); maybe have 30mins-1hr a day dedicated to doing what you love, then spend a lot of the other time revising.
Don't panic, there's still plenty of time if you use it effectively!! Good luck :smile:

Ahh that made me feel so much better :smile:
Original post by snowiexo
Ahh that made me feel so much better :smile:

Glad I could help :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest