The Student Room Group

Teachers are so dopey

We had an RE mock today, people asked to go toilets and I know what they're doing in the toilets they are searching up answers on their phones or looking at flashcards. This really cheesed me off. I know for a fact that they're doing it as well, why don't teachers notice this?
Original post by Zeetingman
We had an RE mock today, people asked to go toilets and I know what they're doing in the toilets they are searching up answers on their phones or looking at flashcards. This really cheesed me off. I know for a fact that they're doing it as well, why don't teachers notice this?

Oh they arn't dumb, however they can't stop you from putting notes in private areas o.O
Because most of them really can't be bothered to go to the effort of telling them off, or having to print a new paper or giving them a detention so they would much rather ignore it, it's not like they don't know!
Reply 3
Original post by Andrew657Thomas
Oh they arn't dumb, however they can't stop you from putting notes in private areas o.O

Why can't they search us?
In real GCSE's do they search you before you enter the exam hall? and do they allow you to go toilet?
Maybe they got bribed.
In real GCSE's do they search you before you enter the exam hall? and do they allow you to go toilet?

I know some schools don't allow you to go to the loo (officially), but they probably do if you look desperate.

Also, I'm under the impression that mobile phones are not allowed in at all.

They don't have time to search everyone, so I mean you could have notes in your blazer pocket and they wouldn't know.

and why can't they search you? I'm talking about it would be so easy to put flash cards down under, and teachers aren't allowed to feel down under. Aswell as spy on you whilst you're in the toilets.
Reply 7
Original post by Andrew657Thomas
They don't have time to search everyone, so I mean you could have notes in your blazer pocket and they wouldn't know.

and why can't they search you? I'm talking about it would be so easy to put flash cards down under, and teachers aren't allowed to feel down under. Aswell as spy on you whilst you're in the toilets.

Well they told us to remove any notes or potential bits of paper that is related to RE but I know some people didn't remove it. I emptied my notes in the bin.
Phones aren't allowed but they don't check if we have them.
Their won't be loo breaks in the real thing and mock exam results don't count towards anything so they are just screwing themselves over tbh...?
I completely understand your point. As far as I'm concerned, the same rules for Gcse exams should apply to mocks. Well, just be proud of yourself for not resorting to cheating: honesty is always the best policy. :smile:
In my RE mock some people asked for extra paper then scrunched it up and threw it at other people, the invigilator did nothing. Other people just sat there for the 1h45. (Basically at my school we had seven RE teachers last year and four so far this year and people are fed up). Anything similar happened to anyone else?

(We have had 6 Geography teachers too!!) it's making me worried that we haven't covered stuff.
Reply 11
Original post by eskimo_rising
Their won't be loo breaks in the real thing and mock exam results don't count towards anything so they are just screwing themselves over tbh...?

^
this.
They're only cheating themselves. Just focus on what you got and what you can get out of the exam. You can't do in the real thing, so why do it in practice exams? :rolleyes:
Reply 12
If you get caught you get disqualified from every gcse
I'm taking a real GCSE Exam in yr10 for RE this May. I'd love to see the smiles wipped off people's faces.
The worst scenorios of teaching is when the exam is in the classrom. Jesus Christ. The way people cheat is just so unfair looking under their phones at the mark scheme when the teacher isn't looking. Writing notes on their pencil case. We had a recent English exam i'd say 60% of the people cheated. Why don't teachers just make up their own papers? I understand its hard to make an english paper and a mark scheme.
At my school they used to use past AQA papers since they noticed people cheating they started either making their own papers or using new exams like the current 2014 ones. The amount of people that cheated to get an A or B got a D when they couldn't cheat.
It's just really annoying...it's not that hard for teachers to make up exams and mark schemes.
Reply 14
Original post by student2678
In my RE mock some people asked for extra paper then scrunched it up and threw it at other people, the invigilator did nothing. Other people just sat there for the 1h45. (Basically at my school we had seven RE teachers last year and four so far this year and people are fed up). Anything similar happened to anyone else?

(We have had 6 Geography teachers too!!) it's making me worried that we haven't covered stuff.

I have had 8 different business teachers

Quick Reply

Latest