The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson dropped from Top Gear

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caravaggio2
A lot of hypocrisy here from those on the left. They are baying for his blood because he is the bete noire of them all. A right winger that is funny, good at what he does and loved by millions around the world. ( I'm not one btw)
I expected beacons lit all over the country, it reminded me of the utter joy at Thatchers demise.
To those rightly decrying Oisen getting death threats and Twitter abuse, Clarkson has had this stuff from leftwingers every week for years.
Enjoy his passing, he'll be back before we know it, probably on a bigger package.

I don't remember there being stories about Clarkson being threatened on Twitter - do you have any links?

It seems to be the Right who are stirring this one up into a political thing, so that they can use it to attack the BBC, which they (rather daftly) see as an enemy. Top Gear may be annoying at times, but it doesn't come across as a political show and Clarkson whilst he is very out there in his views, hasn't particularly been a centre of left wing attacks.

I think there's a right wing conspiracy between elements in UKIP and the Tory Party, parts of the Murdoch Empire and Paul Staines (often the ring leader of these things) to use Clarkson to try to bring down the BBC.

Probably Staines himself would run whimpering to the police straight away if someone hit him.
Original post by InnerTemple
The thing is, and this might be news to you, it is generally accepted that you shouldn't just go around punching people.

As a matter of fact, in law, you can throw the first punch in self defence. With a user name like yours I would have thought you would have known that?

Besides, he doesn't like ham... :biggrin:
Original post by Captain Haddock
Listen to your god

[video="youtube;1NKg_gEyXy4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NKg_gEyXy4[/video]

He doesn't want charges to be pressed, of course he is going to say that!

Jeremy isn't a god, by any means, but he does really annoy the left, and that amuses me a lot.

This is clearly a politically motivated campaign to attempt to silence him but it won't work. A million people signed the petition, he represents what most ordinary people think but feel they can't say. The people are heartily sick of political correctness.

He will be back bigger and better than ever, you can be sure of that lefties!
For all you lefties on here. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7QYJnqXhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-OQR5zu_J4

As the BBC tries to draw a line under the Strictly Come Dancing racism row, Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has added his thoughts on the television industry's diversity policies.
In a column for the new issue of Top Gear magazine, the BBC presenter ridicules TV bosses for being obsessed with having "black Muslim lesbians" on shows to balance out the numbers of white heterosexual men.
In response to questions about the lack of female presenters on BBC's Top Gear, Clarkson said: "The problem is that television executives have got it into their heads that if one presenter on a show is a blond-haired, blue-eyed heterosexual boy, the other must be a black Muslim lesbian.

Ha ha ha!

Original post by chocolate hottie
"The problem is that television executives have got it into their heads that if one presenter on a show is a blond-haired, blue-eyed heterosexual boy, the other must be a black Muslim lesbian."

See the thing with that is that he's obviously generalising. Blond-haired, blue eyed heterosexual man is an archetype. The kind of stereotype that people believe the left hate, while a black muslim lesbian is something stereotypically the left love.

It's hilarious how people could interpret this in any other way, i.e. that he hates blacks, he hates Muslims and that he hates lesbians. It makes no sense to come to this conclusion. Especially as no-one came to the conclusion that he only loves straight blonde men.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
See the thing with that is that he's obviously generalising. Blond-haired, blue eyed heterosexual man is an archetype. The kind of stereotype that people believe the left hate, while a black muslim lesbian is something stereotypically the left love.

It's hilarious how people could interpret this in any other way, i.e. that he hates blacks, he hates Muslims and that he hates lesbians. It makes no sense to come to this conclusion. Especially as no-one came to the conclusion that he only loves straight blonde men.

Absolutely.

There is nothing positive about "positive" discrimination, it what it says on the tin. DISCRIMINATION.

You can discriminate against white people, and be as racist as you like. Only white people can discriminate on racial grounds in the looking glass world of modern Britain.

This is what Clarkson was inveighing against:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2001/jan/07/uknews.theobserver1

Imagine if he had described anything as "hideously black"

We need to led the fightback against this nonsense. Vote UKIP and ensure the new version of Top Gear becomes a roaring success. :smile:

As Nigel says, get a UKIP balance of power (not in this election but the next) to repeal the discriminatory laws. No more quotas, no more positive discrimination , the best person should get the job. End of.
Reply 246
Original post by Aj_16
hahahaha this has proved how unintelligent you are - pedantic use of words doesn't hide a bad argument

1) "Whether I watch it or not is irrelevant" yet you insinuated I was a fan and made it relevant.
2) When economics involves more people than just two employees and an actual society in which income generated goes towards - it definitely matters more than your opinion. The welfare of a whole society versus the welfare of two employees. The welfare of the society is more important and the income generated from what Jeremy brings to the show can help in numerous ways which I will not begin to explain as I'll be here all night.
3) The public should have a say because they pay a bloody license fee - do you pay it. Do you know what its like to pay a legal fee and have no say in a matter?
4)Nothing to do with me, you or anyone else? It would be a entirely a corporate matter if the BBC was not a public corporation. However it is as the BBC is a "public" corporation - not a private one.

N.b No need for so many expletives on TSR.

If the welfare of the society is greater than two people in all circumstances, we should allow people to be used in medical experiments against their will because the results of a few people who may get hurt is worth a lot if thousands of people can benefit from the research.

Murderers and rapists could be used and if they died during the experiments, their organs could be donated to those that need it, its quids in all round.

Jeremy isn't a god, by any means, but he does really annoy the left, and that amuses me a lot.

I'm THE LEFT and quite like Top Gear.
(edited 9 years ago)
Which now means the only good thing on the BBC is half of the FA cup.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

I think you're also "THE EXCEPTION" :-)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Good on you!

Don't worry, by the time you get to Jeremy's age you will be even more right wing than him, I can sense it. :smile:
Good on you!

Don't worry, by the time you get to Jeremy's age you will be even more right wing than him, I can sense it. :smile:

I really wont. The more infomred I become and politically aware the more left wing I am becoming. I'm moving leftwards as I get older so far. Not to mention all old left wing people I admire :rolleyes:

I will be like Stephan King. "Tax me I'm rich" :colonhash:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/may/01/stephen-king-tax-the-rich
He doesn't want charges to be pressed, of course he is going to say that!

This is clearly a politically motivated campaign to attempt to silence him but it won't work. A million people signed the petition, he represents what most ordinary people think but feel they can't say. The people are heartily sick of political correctness.

He will be back bigger and better than ever, you can be sure of that lefties!

:lol: Yeah, if a 4 second soundbite doesn't save him from prosecution, what will?!

Jeremy knows as well as anyone with a modicum of sense and maturity that what he did was ****ing stupid and that the blame lies entirely on him. Face the facts; Jeremy killed Top Gear.
:lol: Yeah, if a 4 second soundbite doesn't save him from prosecution, what will?!

Jeremy knows as well as anyone with a modicum of sense and maturity that what he did was ****ing stupid and that the blame lies entirely on him. Face the facts; Jeremy killed Top Gear.

Top Gear will live on under a new name, and he will earn even more sponduliks and have still more opportunities to annoy the despicable pinkos. :smile:

It is called the free market. People want to watch his political incorrectness, that is why it was the most successful factual programme in world television. We don't see right on black lesbian muslims conquering the word of light entertainment from Norway to Japan do we?

Deal with it, humourless puritan lefty. :biggrin:
Top Gear will live on under a new name, and he will earn even more sponduliks and have still more opportunities to annoy the despicable pinkos. :smile:

It is called the free market. People want to watch his political incorrectness, that is why it was the most successful factual programme in world television. We don't see right on black lesbian muslims conquering the word of light entertainment from Norway to Japan do we?

I'm a lefty and I liked Top Gear - though I did think the newer series got a bit dull at times. Some of the older episodes at brilliant though.

But this is not a left vs right thing. It's about an employer's duty and a very stupid man making a very stupid mistake.

An employer has a duty to keep staff safe. Hitting people is a big no no. Add in the fact that Clarkson was on his final warning after a string of embarrassing outbursts... his sacking was inevitable.

Ha, nah. Despite what you may think, Clarkson didn't make top gear. Producers, editors, camera crews, cinematographers and writers made top gear. Not to mention the non-commercial nature of the BBC and the respect it commands the world over that allowed the program access to so many locations.

Any other broadcaster would turn the show into one long car advert. I'd rather see it live on on the BBC with a different line up. My ideal cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Gordon Ramsay, and a rotoscoped cartoon depiction of Vlad the Impaler.
Ha, nah. Despite what you may think, Clarkson didn't make top gear. Producers, editors, camera crews, cinematographers and writers made top gear. Not to mention the non-commercial nature of the BBC and the respect it commands the world over that allowed the program access to so many locations.

Any other broadcaster would turn the show into one long car advert. I'd rather see it live on on the BBC with a different line up. My ideal cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Gordon Ramsay, and a rotoscoped cartoon depiction of Vlad the Impaler.

You are quite wrong, Top Gear was nothing before JC came and will be nothing afterwards. Watch him create a new show with the other two guys and the original producer on a new broadcast network while the BBC successor series crashes and burns...
Original post by InnerTemple

But this is not a left vs right thing.

That is all it is.

If Danny Cohen had wanted to keep him and the show he would have. He didn't, he leaked it to the media, and put his DG in an impossible position.

This was his opportunity and he seized it...
You are quite wrong, Top Gear was nothing before JC came and will be nothing afterwards. Watch him create a new show with the other two guys and the original producer on a new broadcast network while the BBC successor series crashes and burns...

Nope. Clarkson was also a presenter on the original run of Top Gear that ended in 2001 due to dwindling ratings. Clarkson was there during the downfall. The 2002 relaunch that we all watched was a totally different program - the series only survived because it was completely revamped.
Nope. Clarkson was also a presenter on the original run of Top Gear that ended in 2001 due to dwindling ratings. Clarkson was there during the downfall. The 2002 relaunch that we all watched was a totally different program - the series only survived because it was completely revamped.

It was revamped by Clarkson and his old school friend from Repton Andy Wilman.

They pitched the new format, got agreement and together made it the show that conquered the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending