The Student Room Group

She's had ages to reply but hasn't bothered

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
That's nothing.

No man feels real pain unless he has experienced this situation.

Spoiler

lol in which case its easy to see that she's not interested though!
The girl I'm dealing with is soooooo interested when I'm with her but when I'm not she's a different person! Difficult to know where you stand.
Original post by keladry
Glad it was a joke, if you were serious you would have come across as a complete dick.

That's a problem that comes from within yourself, not something this girl can fix. You need to figure that out for yourself and not take it out on this girl...who it seems you have only been dating for a short while. Completely unfair for you to expect to be a big part of her life this early.

lol it was an £10 bill and Id happily take her wherever she wants to go. And I don't think of any of that as a favour at all. Im really not like that.

Anyway, so yeah...you're right it is a problem with me. I think her different behaviour from when I'm with her and when I'm not is a little difficult to deal with though.
Reply 62
Original post by Adipoptosis
lol it was an £10 bill and Id happily take her wherever she wants to go. And I don't think of any of that as a favour at all. Im really not like that.

Anyway, so yeah...you're right it is a problem with me. I think her different behaviour from when I'm with her and when I'm not is a little difficult to deal with though.

Some people are just like that. Some people don't feel the need or even enjoy constantly being in contact or even like texting, I personally hate texting.
Original post by keladry
Some people are just like that. Some people don't feel the need or even enjoy constantly being in contact or even like texting, I personally hate texting.

Mm yeh you might be right. Ill tell myself this next time this happens.

Please keep posting in my threads, you give good advice and say sensible things :biggrin:
Reply 64
Mm yeh you might be right. Ill tell myself this next time this happens.

Please keep posting in my threads, you give good advice and say sensible things :biggrin:

Well that's a very different response from your first reply :wink:
Reply 65
Send her a message that reads, 'Please could you delete my number, I will be deleting yours. Cheers.'

Don't let these girls take the piss out of you OP, they do it for their ego.
Sometimes I take 24 hours to reply to a message just because I don't have the phone next to me 24/7 and don't always notice that someone has messaged me. I think you're reading too much into it.
Original post by LTG
Send her a message that reads, 'Please could you delete my number, I will be deleting yours. Cheers.'

Don't let these girls take the piss out of you OP, they do it for their ego.

I wish I had like a selection of other girls that I liked that I could spend time with but I don't lol. When I do, I will send her something like that, probably a bit more hurtful and be done with her.
I sent her another message last night after our amazing meal out and she hasn't replied yet. Nothing. This is so irritating. It's like saying to someone,

it was lovely to meet you, and they just blank you and walk on by...
Original post by Mark8346
Sometimes I take 24 hours to reply to a message just because I don't have the phone next to me 24/7 and don't always notice that someone has messaged me. I think you're reading too much into it.

Yeh I wish I was but I know she doesn't have much going on atm and she does reply if it's urgent, like when I needed money to leave the hospital car park and the cash machine was broken, she replied straight away lol
I sent her another message last night after our amazing meal out and she hasn't replied yet. Nothing. This is so irritating. It's like saying to someone,

it was lovely to meet you, and they just blank you and walk on by...

It sounds like she's playing games to be honest, which is infuriating. She should be making a bit of effort if she likes you
Original post by beckaroo7
It sounds like she's playing games to be honest, which is infuriating. She should be making a bit of effort if she likes you

Do you think I should send her s rude message back?
Yeh I wish I was but I know she doesn't have much going on atm and she does reply if it's urgent, like when I needed money to leave the hospital car park and the cash machine was broken, she replied straight away lol

She may have stuff going on that she hasn't told you, she may have no credit / text messages left, etc.
Do you think I should send her s rude message back?

No i don't think so. The only thing I can think of doing is to don't be so keen, don't text her as often, don't be so available. That may make her stop playing games with you and possibly make her stop playing games.
Disadvantages of this are 1, that you're also engaging in game playing, which you seem like a normal genuine guy and shouldn't start consciously playing games and 2, you can't really make people change and this would likely lead to frustration.

Sending a rude message would make you look bad and probably wouldn't have much of an effect. May make her respect you more but may also push her away. All you can really do is hope she stops as the relationship progresses. You never know, she may just be trying to take things slowly and not invest too much in this so early. Would explain why she's much better in person once you're actually on a date with her. Not sure how credible any of this is by the way, this might be a load of s*** :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beckaroo7
No i don't think so. The only thing I can think of doing is to don't be so keen, don't text her as often, don't be so available. That may make her stop playing games with you and possibly make her stop playing games.
Disadvantages of this are 1, that you're also engaging in game playing, which you seem like a normal genuine guy and shouldn't start consciously playing games and 2, you can't really make people change and this would likely lead to frustration.

Sending a rude message would make you look bad and probably wouldn't have much of an effect. May make her respect you more but may also push her away. All you can really do is hope she stops as the relationship progresses. You never know, she may just be trying to take things slowly and not invest too much in this so early. Would explain why she's much better in person once you're actually on a date with her. Not sure how credible any of this is by the way, this might be a load of s*** :rolleyes:

Yeh you are right ...

I had had a lot of port last night and so i sent her the following:

I sent you a message on Friday night. You don’t seem to get the fact that these messages represent a form of communication you should probably reciprocate. Either reply when I talk to you or get lost.

She replied apologetically lol
Yeh you are right ...

I had had a lot of port last night and so i sent her the following:

She replied apologetically lol

Yeah friday night till sunday night is quite a while to respond. I hate it when people do that. I don't use my phone that much but I have it with me the majority of the day and reply fairly immediately when I get messages if I'm not doing something. I think some people just want to look busier than they are. Maybe she'll put the effort in first this time
No but this message needs a reply since it's asking her out tomorrow. We have been out 4 times before and each time it's the same nonsense but she says yes eventually like at the last possible hour.

So there could be 2 things going on:

Happy 'my little pony ' scenario :

She is a bit lazy/disorganized/really busy etc but really cares about you so be happy as long as she eventually replies in a positive manner.

Cynical 'Life sucks ' scenario :

she's not into you, so until the last minute shell try to wait it out and not commit hoping somebody else will offer to take her out...but if that other offer never comes 'hey a free drink is a free drink' so she knows there's a last minute 'suitor' she can count on...

A test you could conduct to prove either scenario is at the end of your next date tell her to contact you to arrange the next one...
if she does great!
if she doesn't well..you get the gist...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bullsizzle
So there could be 2 things going on:

Happy 'my little pony ' scenario :

She is a bit lazy/disorganized/really busy etc but really cares about you so be happy as long as she eventually replies in a positive manner.

Cynical 'Life sucks ' scenario :

she's not into you, so until the last minute shell try to wait it out and not commit hoping somebody else will offer to take her out...but if that other offer never comes 'hey a free drink is a free drink' so she knows there's a last minute 'suitor' she can count on...

A test you could conduct to prove either scenario is at the end of your next date tell her to contact you to arrange the next one...
if she does great!
if she doesn't well..you get the gist...

I like the way you think!

So I reckon she falls into the first category since she always replies positively. Even when I was rude to her yesterday.

But I still she will wait for me to arrange the next date cos she knows how much I like her. Ive kinda made it pretty obvious.
I like the way you think!

So I reckon she falls into the first category since she always replies positively. Even when I was rude to her yesterday.

But I still she will wait for me to arrange the next date cos she knows how much I like her. Ive kinda made it pretty obvious.

You're kind of a scary kind guy (in a psychopathic kind of way...), you remind me an awful lot of Louis (Jake Gyllenhaal) from Nightcrawler.
Original post by Brubeckian
You're kind of a scary kind guy (in a psychopathic kind of way...), you remind me an awful lot of Louis (Jake Gyllenhaal) from Nightcrawler.

I'm not at all scary, I'm lovely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending