The Student Room Group

UCLan Asia Pacific Studies

Got an unconditional for APS (Korean) at UCLan, super excited to start. Anyone else out there who as applied for the same course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by racheljns
Got an unconditional for APS (Korean) at UCLan, super excited to start. Anyone else out there who as applied for the same course?

I have :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by franvb
I have :smile:

Yay! ☺️
Reply 3
Yay! ☺️

Haha, I feel like there's only going to be a small amount of us, have you already applied for accommodation?
Reply 4
Original post by franvb
Haha, I feel like there's only going to be a small amount of us, have you already applied for accommodation?

Me too, but that could be nice! I only live about 20 minutes away from the city so I'll be staying at home and driving there!
Reply 5
Me too, but that could be nice! I only live about 20 minutes away from the city so I'll be staying at home and driving there!

Yeah, the smaller the more people you kinda get to know on the course on a better level, and ooo convenient! I'm jealous, I live down south so moving in day will be hell with how long the travelling will take -_-
Reply 6
Original post by franvb
Yeah, the smaller the more people you kinda get to know on the course on a better level, and ooo convenient! I'm jealous, I live down south so moving in day will be hell with how long the travelling will take -_-

Yes definetly! I'm guessing there will be more people on the Chinese and Japanese courses. Haha ikr! Aah, I can't even begin to imagine, I'm sure you'll get plenty help though!
Reply 7
Yes definetly! I'm guessing there will be more people on the Chinese and Japanese courses. Haha ikr! Aah, I can't even begin to imagine, I'm sure you'll get plenty help though!

Haha regardless, I'm pretty keen, I took a gap year out and with all my friends at uni rn, I just can't wait to go myself now :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by franvb
Haha regardless, I'm pretty keen, I took a gap year out and with all my friends at uni rn, I just can't wait to go myself now :biggrin:

Ooh right! I'm at a different uni atm but it's awful and I hate it and going nowhere with it so I'm super excited to start at uclan with this course like I literally can't wait I'm so happy to be going!
Reply 9
Ooh right! I'm at a different uni atm but it's awful and I hate it and going nowhere with it so I'm super excited to start at uclan with this course like I literally can't wait I'm so happy to be going!

That sucks, I hope Uclan is better for ya! Hopefully closer to the time there will be more of us, and we can meet at freshers^^
Reply 10
Original post by franvb
That sucks, I hope Uclan is better for ya! Hopefully closer to the time there will be more of us, and we can meet at freshers^^

Hopefully! And of course, freshers will be great :-)
Guys! I've been looking for people taking APS Korean at UCLan for months! I'm so excited to start!
Reply 12
Original post by smilesilly!
Guys! I've been looking for people taking APS Korean at UCLan for months! I'm so excited to start!

Hey!! Woo one more person haha! I'm really excited too :smile:
Reply 13
Hey!! I got an unconditional offer for APS Korean too!! :smile: I'll be studying as a mature student though (I'm only 23 Q_Q).
Still waiting to hear back from SOAS before I sort accommodation.
Reply 14
Original post by Xiggie
Hey!! I got an unconditional offer for APS Korean too!! :smile: I'll be studying as a mature student though (I'm only 23 Q_Q).
Still waiting to hear back from SOAS before I sort accommodation.

Oh awesome! I'm a year older than normal starting age haha 😂 SOAS? Wow that's amazing!
Reply 15
Oh awesome! I'm a year older than normal starting age haha ������ SOAS? Wow that's amazing!

That makes me feel a bit better!! I've been really worried about being the only 'mature' student on the course.
Yeah I had my interview with SOAS earlier this week - so hopefully I'll hear soonish :smile: Not really expecting them to accept me though haha!
Reply 16
Original post by Xiggie
That makes me feel a bit better!! I've been really worried about being the only 'mature' student on the course.
Yeah I had my interview with SOAS earlier this week - so hopefully I'll hear soonish :smile: Not really expecting them to accept me though haha!

aah don't worry about it! At my current uni the majority of students on my course are 20+, some are even 40-50 haha. Ah good luck then! Is that where you're hoping to go?
Reply 17
aah don't worry about it! At my current uni the majority of students on my course are 20+, some are even 40-50 haha. Ah good luck then! Is that where you're hoping to go?

Oh wow! What uni are you at currently? :redface: and what are/were you studying?

Thank you! I'm not sure, the course content looks a little better at SOAS (more focus on Korean) but I don't know about the uni itself - I loved uclan when I visited, it had a great feel to it and all the staff I met are lovely. I'm so indecisive haha ^^;
Reply 18
Original post by Xiggie
Oh wow! What uni are you at currently? :redface: and what are/were you studying?

Thank you! I'm not sure, the course content looks a little better at SOAS (more focus on Korean) but I don't know about the uni itself - I loved uclan when I visited, it had a great feel to it and all the staff I met are lovely. I'm so indecisive haha ^^;

I'm at salford majoring in film studies but it's absolutely dreadful, such a waste of my year 😪 ooh right I see!! ☺️☺️
Reply 19
I'm at salford majoring in film studies but it's absolutely dreadful, such a waste of my year ������ ooh right I see!! ☺️☺️

I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: hopefully next year will be better for you!!! :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending