The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EHZ17
Thanks for the support man. I would have picked UCL and LSE before Warwick anyway. Have you firmed and insured yet?

No problem. Yep, Cambrjdge Firm and Insurance Warwick. got rejected from Imperial and rejected offers from UCL and KCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
No problem. Yep, Cambrjdge Firm and Insurance Warwick. got rejected from Imperial and rejected offers from UCL and KCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh nice, what are the offers? I saw Imperial's offers were really harsh this year anyway.
Original post by EHZ17
Ahh nice, what are the offers? I saw Imperial's offers were really harsh this year anyway.

Both are A*A*A in a levels but differ in STEP where I need 1,1 in II III for Cambridge where only a 2 in any STEP paper for Warwick.
Original post by EHZ17
Yeah :P

Annoying tho, wanted 5/5 :wink:

Idk, I quite like having an offer from like Cambridge Durham and Bristol for chem and then being rejected by one a lot lower down/worse
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Idk, I quite like having an offer from like Cambridge Durham and Bristol for chem and then being rejected by one a lot lower down/worse

Who?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I won't bash it, because it is supposedly a good place, obviously j not for me

Spoiler

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I won't bash it, because it is supposedly a good place, obviously j not for me

Spoiler

Ah kl. the other places are better. Aswell as the best place being better then that place. I think you can guess what places i am talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Are you actually joking ???? I'm so confused, they've been really erratic with their offers this year seemingly

Original post by EHZ17
Nah, just got the rejection today :/

I did send them a fairly blunt email asking if I will get a reply before the deadline on the 31st and the next day they rejected me. I really despise Warwick for their handling of it. I don't mean to be arrogant but I can't see why I got rejected... unless they valued a C at GCSE and a low A at AS quite heavily? :P

Don't worry about the rejection, who needs them?

I really don't understand Warwick either with people they choose to accept or reject. :s-smilie: There's a guy on the Econ thread who got an offer with ABBB and much worse GCSEs than you, which (no disrespect to him or anything) is a bit shocking given the calibre of some of the applicants which have been rejected. Sometimes feels like they're picking out of a hat...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95

I really don't understand Warwick either with people they choose to accept or reject. :s-smilie: There's a guy on the Econ thread who got an offer with ABBB and much worse GCSEs than you, which (no disrespect to him or anything) is a bit shocking given the calibre of some of the applicants which have been rejected. Sometimes feels like they're picking out of a hat...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just so confusing I can't work out what they were after this year

Like I'm pretty sure EHZ17 has better stats than me but I got an offer in November? Presumably they've had a big increase in applicants this year though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Nah, just got the rejection today :/

I did send them a fairly blunt email asking if I will get a reply before the deadline on the 31st and the next day they rejected me. I really despise Warwick for their handling of it. I don't mean to be arrogant but I can't see why I got rejected... unless they valued a C at GCSE and a low A at AS quite heavily? :P

Deadline of the 31st? Thought universities had to decide by May 6th. Is warwick different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Betsyboo
Deadline of the 31st? Thought universities had to decide by May 6th. Is warwick different

Posted from TSR Mobile

unis have to decide by 31st march. u have to decide by may 6th (or whatever date it is...first week of may)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a little google search
Original post by NinjaPandaa
It's just so confusing I can't work out what they were after this year

Like I'm pretty sure EHZ17 has better stats than me but I got an offer in November? Presumably they've had a big increase in applicants this year though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't have access to UMS just grades & predictions, so I assume your profile must've looked near flawless to them :dontknow:.

I would've guessed GCSEs but they let a few slip below the net with all sorts.

Have you decided your insurance yet?
They don't have access to UMS just grades & predictions, so I assume your profile must've looked near flawless to them :dontknow:.

Lol EH17s UMS is like 99-100 and he mustve put that on his apllication. Then again someone i know got one with ABBB which is shocking since EH17 was rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did have a B in AS Chinese though :s-smilie:
Going to insure Warwick pretty happy that I'll end up with an a* in maths so it should be fine
Original post by EHZ17
Have a little google search

Had a little Google search- ucas key dates- they have until May 7th to make a decision if you apply by January 15th deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a little Google search- ucas key dates- they have until May 7th to make a decision if you apply by January 15th deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, I was told 31st is a deadline. Had a little google search myself and found this: 31st March 2015 - Date universities will usually have made a decision about your application if you sent it before the 15th January deadline (although this may take longer in some cases.)

and

6th May 2015 - The date you need to make a decision on your firm and insurance choice if all your universities responded by the 31st March deadline. If UCAS do not receive your responses, they will decline offers on your behalf

idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

u googled wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

same could be said of cambridge. tonnes of people with straight As rejected, people like physicsmaths e.g. getting accepted with AABD and terrible gcses.

Same could be said of any uni, the unis always have a lot more info at hand than we can speculate on. Ofcourse they dont always get decisions right, certainly oxbridge dont as theyre picking from the top of the top, and the same with warwick im sure.

but it rings true for every course and institution
Original post by frigg113
u googled wrong

Info from UCAS website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending