The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Long story short, Saudi and a coalition of gulf countries (and Sudan and Pakistan) send jets to bombard Houthi (a zaydi shia militia allegedly backed by Iran) positions as they had taken over many of the countries cities (via a coup) and were advancing on the southern city of Aden where the president that had been deposed (but was still recognised as the state leader) was staying.

short story short;

Lotsa arabs strike yemeni houthi militia from the air and have ground forces on standby to invade to restore pres. Hadi.

Ahh okay JazakAllahu khayran for explaining. This is morally wrong. However, is there a specific side to blame? Many are against Saudi...inevitably of course. But who's fault is this? This question might spark anger/fire though so if you don't want to answer it's fine, thank you.

Original post by QE2
Put very simply, there is effectively a civil war going on between the internationally recognised government and the Houthi rebels. The rebels cite religious discrimination, corruption an oppression as motivation. Saudi Arabia and other Arab states have intervened to support the government against the rebels. There is speculation that because the government is Sunni and the rebels are Shia, it is also a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran for control of influence in a vital region of the Arabian peninsula.
So basically there is a sectarian civil war going on with the Iranian backed Shia Houthi on one side and the Saudi/Arab/US backed Sunni government on the other. The issue is complicated by the presence of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) who were originally being targeted by the government but who now appear to have engaged in an uneasy truce in order to combat the Houthi rebels.

Thank you for the clear and comprehensive explanation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Ahh okay JazakAllahu khayran for explaining. This is morally wrong. However, is there a specific side to blame? Many are against Saudi...inevitably of course. But who's fault is this? This question might spark anger/fire though so if you don't want to answer it's fine, thank you.
Posted from TSR Mobile

BarakAllahu feeki.

I am of the opinion every side is to blame.

As for fault, i believe it is spread over everyone involved and some of those who aren't. The situation in Yemen was just waiting to happen and nobody did anything decisive to clear it up. It's just another middle east mess for the muslims.
[video="youtube;JuB6t_gcaUM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuB6t_gcaUM[/video]
Salaam,

'Irbad bin Sariyah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
One day Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) delivered us a very eloquent Khutbah on account of which eyes shed tears and hearts were full of tears. A man said: "O Prophet of Allah, this is as if it were a parting advice. So advise us". He (ﷺ) said, "I admonish you to fear Allah, to listen and obey even if an Abyssinian slave is appointed as your leader. Because whosoever among you shall live after me, will see much discord. So hold fast to my Sunnah and the examples of the Rightly- Guided Caliphs who will come after me. Adhere to them and hold to it fast. Beware of new things (in Deen) because every Bid'ah is a misguidance".

[Abu Dawud and At- Tirmidhi].
Causes of a DEAD HEART

[video="youtube;Kc3K2C_7yrE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc3K2C_7yrE&feature=shar e[/video]
Sahih International
Whoever does a good deed - it is for himself; and whoever does evil - it is against the self. Then to your Lord you will be returned.

[Quran 45:15]
On the authority of Abu Saeed al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

I heard the Messenger of Allah say, “Whoever of you sees an evil must then change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then [he must change it ] with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then [he must change it] with his heart. And that is the slightest [effect of] faith.” (Recorded in Muslim)
Aslamualaykum brothers and sisters :smile: are we all excited for Ramadan? I most definitely am!
Original post by Umarahh
Aslamualaykum brothers and sisters :smile: are we all excited for Ramadan? I most definitely am!

Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah :smile:

Yes! Me too
Reply 7230
Beautiful Masha'Allah

[video="youtube;hTFVC21v59E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTFVC21v59E[/video]
Original post by HSafirah
Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah :smile: You're posting again yeay!

:jumphug: :hugs:

Long time man, How are you?
Original post by beautifulxxx
Asalam Alaikum WaRahmatullah. Nice to c u x I hope you're feeling better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'm good alhamdullilah..
Original post by 5n(12-2n)
wsalam
Nice to see you back :smile:

Thanks..
Original post by The.Joker
So my mum's uncle (we call him granddad) passed away last night and it just puts this life into perspective. It reminds me not to get caught up with this world when I should be preparing for the hereafter. It's scary how quick life can go by and that I'm not guaranteed to reach old age and death can come anytime.

Inna lillahi wa in ilaihi rajioon
Some have no parents. You have one or even both. Yet, some still disobey their parents. Be thankful to Allah & remember the orphans.
Make the effort to be wealthy in good deeds, not money. For when we die, the money won’t help us, but the deeds will.
Original post by Incredible97
:jumphug: :hugs:

Long time man, How are you?

Alhamdulillah, I'm good :h:

:hugs: Hope you're feeling good as well
[video="youtube;UGh_tTd337k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGh_tTd337k[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending