The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
I think I did alright. I mean, they probably realise that you're going to be under pressure and stress. One of my tour guides (employees currently on the scheme I'm applying for) said he had the same problem I did with one problem when he did it (not related to actual knowledge, just doing stuff under pressure).

Seriously, the problems themselves were pretty easy, I could have done them in 30 seconds flat normally, but under pressure it becomes more like 10 minutes :tongue: I ****ed up in converting a density from gcm-3 to kgm-3, multiplying by 109 at first then realising I'm an idiot and doing the right thing, but getting an answer that didn't feel right, so just throwing lesser powers of ten at the guy, before he told me that my initial thinking was correct and that I should have confidence in my convictions. I then realised that the value of the density was irrelevant to the bigger question he had asked me, and even if it weren't, the units were definitely irrelevant, and that kind of annoyed me because he had asked me to work it out in the first place :colonhash:

I do think I have a chance, which is a new feeling for me :lol:

I would describe the experience as "stressful but fun".

The further away from it I get the less well I think I did, but I should probably just stick to my first instincts (that I did pretty well, all things considered).

Glad to hear you did well amongst the flurry and mush of pressure and stress though! Let's just hope you get it now! :-)
Original post by binarythoughts
Well the tour guide got it so there's hope for you!
The guys probably knew that you were smart but just nervous if your first instincts were correct.

I'm glad you're optimistic about it, I hope you get it!

I dunno if "optimistic" is the right word :lol:

Original post by blamethenargles
Glad to hear you did well amongst the flurry and mush of pressure and stress though! Let's just hope you get it now! :-)

I hope so, it's an awesome building.
I am officially no more a track checker.Got all offers
Original post by Skill Twix
I am officially no more a track checker.Got all offers

Where are you insuring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Where are you insuring?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Notts or Manchester
Notts or Manchester

Deffo Notts!

Their econ department is top notch.
Notts or Manchester

What's your firm? I'll be applying to Manchester next/this year.
I still feel weird about firming Nottingham over Durham... Durham is supposed to be better for physics but I just really did not like the feel of it anywhere near as much as Nottingham.

I don't know why I feel almost bad about it.
Original post by Tibbz2
I still feel weird about firming Nottingham over Durham... Durham is supposed to be better for physics but I just really did not like the feel of it anywhere near as much as Nottingham.

Never, ever, choose somewhere you don't like the idea of. You'd set yourself up for failure and would thus cancel all the perceived benefits.

Nottingham's physics department is extremely strong anyway - not much of an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2

I felt the same way about firming King's over UCL. But just go with where you like.
Original post by binarythoughts
I felt the same way about firming King's over UCL. But just go with where you like.

Original post by Princepieman
Never, ever, choose somewhere you don't like the idea of. You'd set yourself up for failure and would thus cancel all the perceived benefits.

Nottingham's physics department is extremely strong anyway - not much of an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I didn't make the decision without being 100%, visited both unis twice to make sure, but Nottingham just felt right... Hope they get back to me on accommodation soon though! :tongue:
Been aaaaaaaaages since I poked my nose in here :h: How is everyone? Up to much over Easter?

University wise, I ended up with four offers to study veterinary medicine (lolwut) from Edinburgh, the Royal Veterinary College, Bristol and Liverpool. I'm grateful for all of them but I think I'll be firming Ed, 'cause it's awesome for exotic animal medicine (what I want to do), plus the city is lovely. Insurance will either be RVC or Bris. I prefer RVC but Bris offered me AAB conditions due to going to a particularly crappy school so that is sorely tempting... :tongue:

Anyway, I'm on a train right now, off to Wales to spend the week lambing :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: Mock grades will suffer for it but c'mon, you can't argue with lil' baby sheepsies :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MangoFreak
What's your firm? I'll be applying to Manchester next/this year.

Warwick!(for Economics)
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Been aaaaaaaaages since I poked my nose in here :h: How is everyone? Up to much over Easter?

University wise, I ended up with four offers to study veterinary medicine (lolwut) from Edinburgh, the Royal Veterinary College, Bristol and Liverpool. I'm grateful for all of them but I think I'll be firming Ed, 'cause it's awesome for exotic animal medicine (what I want to do), plus the city is lovely. Insurance will either be RVC or Bris. I prefer RVC but Bris offered me AAB conditions due to going to a particularly crappy school so that is sorely tempting... :tongue:

Anyway, I'm on a train right now, off to Wales to spend the week lambing :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: Mock grades will suffer for it but c'mon, you can't argue with lil' baby sheepsies :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woop! 4 vet offers is so sick, congratulations!! You've been on these threads for years so it's fab to see you've got all your offers - deffo insure Bristol though, the city is beaut

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations LTC!! Have you finished watching Parasyte? The ethics in it probably really resonates with you since you want to be a vet :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing!!!!! Well done woooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! And hey, maybe I'll see you in Edinburgh come September :biggrin:

Also, has everyone broken up for Easter already? We still have another week and it feels kind of like we are the only area that's doing that.
Original post by emcat
Congratulations! And hey, maybe I'll see you in Edinburgh come September :biggrin:

Also, has everyone broken up for Easter already? We still have another week and it feels kind of like we are the only area that's doing that.

I haven't. We have another week, then 2 weeks off, a week back and study leave begins after that. My first exam is on 5th of May and my last is the 22nd.

Obviously, I'm in Scotland so it will be different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emcat

Easter holiday for me now, 3 weeks :cool:

Let the Easter grind begin :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Easter holiday for me now, 3 weeks :cool:

Let the Easter grind begin :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Snap (for 3 weeks)! Was in need of this

Crashed yesterday big time, I am so dead

Latest