The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Thanks Purple Duck. Gave up on the residential weekend. Staying at home, trying to calm down :frown:

Original post by TheStoryteller
I keep getting a major panic attack every time I try to do something. I'm lying in bed now feeling completely useless and dysfunctional. I wish my parents would take me to the doctor to sort this out and see what I can do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:

Original post by james1211
I'm not holding it against them, people move on and lose interest in shared hobbies (which is often what keeps people friends with each other). Can empathise with your situation there too although it doesn't apply to this situation, this time at least.

I used to ride bikes every weekend with one of my best friends, and he no longer has any interest in doing that, having found other hobbies I can't afford right now (we stay in contact via facebook chat most days but we don't see each other more than once every other month), and i don't do my usual sunday badminton anymore because the friends I did that with no longer committed to it or had the time so I see them once a week at best.

My uni friends are great but outside of occasional pool after uni we don't see each other because they play a sport I can't play.

I feel like i'm not involved in anything bigger at the minute. Cycling used to be my hobby and lifestyle, but at the minute i'm riding alone and it's quite depressing.

That's a real shame :frown: Not sure what to suggest :colondollar: Have a hug though :hugs:
Original post by PandaWho

Spoiler

I think youd benefit from a twiddly :yep: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

What's a Twiddly?

---------

Told my friend about not wanting to be triggered, wanting to try and recover/not get worse, etc., scared that she hates me now. :frown:
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

What's a Twiddly?

---------

Told my friend about not wanting to be triggered, wanting to try and recover/not get worse, etc., scared that she hates me now. :frown:

Teddies are the best :biggrin: i cant sleep without my panda!
Oh hun :jumphug:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002AC0P4W/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1427550964&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=tangle+toy
They are amazing, great to fiddle with when your anxious, stressed, angry, disassociating (uses touch sense) or have SH urges mine has got me through a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002AC0P4W/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1427550964&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=tangle+toy
They are amazing, great to fiddle with when your anxious, stressed, angry, disassociating (uses touch sense) or have SH urges mine has got me through a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a penguin! Had it since I was a little kid. :colondollar: I'm the same though, even brought him all the way to uni. :lol:

Oh, I think I have one of them at home. When I go back I'll be sure to have a look around, that's awesome that it's helped you so much. Maybe it can help me too? Hmmm.
Original post by Pathway

Proud of you hun. If she hates you, then it's not your fault or problem :nah:

:penguinhug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Proud of you hun. If she hates you, then it's not your fault or problem :nah:

:penguinhug:

Thank you. :hugs:

How are you today?
Original post by Pathway
Thank you. :hugs:

How are you today?

Fragile :frown:
Fragile :frown:

PM if you like? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They gave these out in group therapy! They're so good, I was allowed to take mine into exams for when I was anxious or hallucinating :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
PM if you like? :hugs:

Thanks. Tiz reciprocal - you can PM me too if that would help today. I'm not entirely lucid but hey :tongue:

:hugs:
Original post by Pathway
I have a penguin! Had it since I was a little kid. :colondollar: I'm the same though, even brought him all the way to uni. :lol:

Oh, I think I have one of them at home. When I go back I'll be sure to have a look around, that's awesome that it's helped you so much. Maybe it can help me too? Hmmm.

Penguins are amazing! I dont have my teddy from when i was a baby :frown: was a big polar bear! Might see if i can find it at my mums next week!
Me and my boyfriend have SO many teddies, i love it.

Deffo have a look, they can be so helpful, half of MHSS have them now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. Tiz reciprocal - you can PM me too if that would help today. I'm not entirely lucid but hey :tongue:

its ok im ok. i hope you feel better soon [:hugs:
Original post by Anonymous #2
They gave these out in group therapy! They're so good, I was allowed to take mine into exams for when I was anxious or hallucinating :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They should give them to everyone! I originally got one to help me stop smoking :smile:

Does it help you? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All this talk of twiddlies has reminded me to open to Bad Days Box I was given by sherbetlemons :yep: Why didn't I think of that yesterday :facepalm:
Not bothered to interact with even the family today.
They should give them to everyone! I originally got one to help me stop smoking :smile:

Does it help you? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes, yeah :smile: When I'm anxious it's something else for me to focus on. Doesn't help much for SH urges which it was originally given to me for but different stuff works for different people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
home. really, really relieved
Hi, got restlessness again and have had it now for about a week and a half. Its doing my head in ><!!! been up since 2am and the voices don't help :frown:. Not to mention, just walked my dog and had an argument because someone else's dog went for mine, and she had the guts to say that my dog was at fault because its an aggressive breed (Akita Inu). I am so fed up of ignorant dog owners. So now I'm angry anxious lol a very weird combination :s-smilie:.
I finally managed to articulate what I'm going through exactly with my mum i.e. about my panic attacks and anxiety and she's finally taking me to the doctor to see what I need. :redface:

I guess she needed to hear it more than once. :rolleyes:

Latest