The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In a-levels our exams are becoming linear which means we'll take all our exams and the end of two years. So what happens if we need to resit a course..is it just that one year we resit?
Original post by dumb cabbage
What's everyone aiming to get in GCSE's? My targets are:
Mathematics- A
English Language- A
Textiles- A
Double science- BB
Geography- B
Let's see if I get them or not 8) ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

My targets are:

Maths: A*
English Lang: A*
English Lit: A
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A* (Sciences are so hard though, revising as I type lol)
Physics: A*
German: A
Geography: A
RE: A
Music: A*
Computer Science: A

If I got these grades I would be so, so happy. Probably won't, but might as well aim high right?
Original post by vanderwoodsen

Same here. Literally...huge, thick booklets. I've already made a revision timetable!! It's completely messed it up!

The booklets are the worse!
Mathematics- A
English Language- A
Textiles- A
Double science- BB
Geography- B
Let's see if I get them or not 8) ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm aiming for:

Maths - C
English Language - A
English Literature - A*
Co-ordinated Science - CC
ICT - B
Psychology - A
Spanish - A
Religious Studies - A

These are my personal aims, the targets my school have given me are slightly different but not by much.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm aiming for:

Maths - C
English Language - A
English Literature - A*
Co-ordinated Science - CC
ICT - B
Psychology - A
Spanish - A
Religious Studies - A

These are my personal aims, the targets my school have given me are slightly different but not by much.

Mathematics- A
English Language- A
Textiles- A
Double science- BB
Geography- B
Let's see if I get them or not 8) 😬
I'm aiming for:
geography A*
Maths A
F maths C or B
English A
English lit B
Core sci A*
Additional sci A
General studies A
Resistant materials A
Hopefully I get these grades. Got 3 As and 2Cs already from early GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's everyone aiming to get in GCSE's? Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm predicted A's in everything except an A* in R.E., B in Maths and C in Additional Science. I'm aiming for an A* in English, Media and Catering though. I'm going to fail Science but I'm actually not that bothered:colondollar:
Original post by nox1
Haha I love history, but the other three subjects sound like hell me haha!! :eek: I have a massive pile of past papers in my room that I've printed off and some that teachers have given to me. My mocks were in January, and I can still remember stuff from then, so my revision is basically all past papers now. :L
I thought that about your subjects! They're literally my worst nightmares. Different strokes for different folks?:wink: Ahh that's fair enough! Mine were in December and my memory's shocking, so I'm going over past papers but also revising from revision guides as well. I've got a little timetable and everything.
Original post by Michael_Real
Mathematics- A
English Language- A
Textiles- A
Double science- BB
Geography- B
I'm aiming for:
geography A*
Maths A
F maths C or B
English A
English lit B
Core sci A*
Additional sci A
General studies A
Resistant materials A
Hopefully I get these grades. Got 3 As and 2Cs already from early GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an A* in English Language; so all together I should have this year (fingers crossed!):

5A*s: English x2, RS, Art, Spanish
3As: Drama, Physics, Chemistry
2As: Maths, Biology

In my mocks I got, 3A*s, 3As and 4 Bs :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
I have an A* in English Language; so all together I should have this year (fingers crossed!):

Posted from TSR Mobile

*2Bs even

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good that everyone's aiming for A* A and B! I will be over the moon if I get my targets but I need to find the will to revise :frown: anyone got any motivation advice or tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My advice to you is:
1) don't make a revision timetable that you know you're not going to stick to...hardly anyone ever does.
2) instead of making a ridiculously ambitious timetable, write down what you want to get done on the day. E.g. "today I'm going to revise some circle geometry and trigonometry."
That way you can tick off what you've actually done and you're more likely to cover areas of a subject you're weakest in.
Oh yeah! And you can never go wrong with past papers either but u guess you've heard this millions of times already haha ! Hope this has helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm the same as you, I've hardly done anything this week simply because I'm 'too tired' - or at least that's what I'm convincing myself I am. Something I always do is look on instagram at the hashtag 'gcseresults' or watch videos on it. It can be motivating, but also makes me kinda anxious. I think maybe looking at people's uni offers or watching videos on YouTube about the university you want to do helps - that often helps me.

Is anyone getting sick of being told time and time again "I really want you to get *insert grade*" from teachers? It's like, do you not think I'm trying?!

I'm really starting to feel the nerves kicking in now... Work is all that's on my mind lately and how much preparation and revision I have to do. It's making me feel sick! Just can't wait for it to be over now.
Original post by Michael_Real
My advice to you is:
1) don't make a revision timetable that you know you're not going to stick to...hardly anyone ever does.
2) instead of making a ridiculously ambitious timetable, write down what you want to get done on the day. E.g. "today I'm going to revise some circle geometry and trigonometry."
That way you can tick off what you've actually done and you're more likely to cover areas of a subject you're weakest in.
Oh yeah! And you can never go wrong with past papers either but u guess you've heard this millions of times already haha ! Hope this has helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your advice! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmaalouisee
I'm the same as you, I've hardly done anything this week simply because I'm 'too tired' - or at least that's what I'm convincing myself I am. Something I always do is look on instagram at the hashtag 'gcseresults' or watch videos on it. It can be motivating, but also makes me kinda anxious. I think maybe looking at people's uni offers or watching videos on YouTube about the university you want to do helps - that often helps me.

Is anyone getting sick of being told time and time again "I really want you to get *insert grade*" from teachers? It's like, do you not think I'm trying?!

I'm really starting to feel the nerves kicking in now... Work is all that's on my mind lately and how much preparation and revision I have to do. It's making me feel sick! Just can't wait for it to be over now.

I might try the of looking at youtube videos tonight then see if I am motivated tomorrow :smile: same, it seems like the teachers are pressuring you in a way now I'm feeling scared that if I don't do well what's going to happen? :frown: Oh well I just have to face it and see how it goes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to butt in, year 10 student here and looking through this thread it looks like year 11s needs some motivation and I have one so I decided to share it with you:

Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.

- Michael Jordan
ugh Further Maths is taking the mick
I seem to be the only person not stressed about exams. It's quite nice but it makes me feel as if I'm doing something wrong by not being stressed :confused: The only reason I could be stressed is the fact that we're nowhere near finishing our science courses... :eek:
Mathematics- A
English Language- A
Textiles- A
Double science- BB
Geography- B

Posted from TSR Mobile

My targets are:

Maths - A
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
RE - A*
Physics - B
History - A
IT - MM (B)
French - C

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by kiera28

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feel Im being kinda optimistic but:
English Lang - A*
English Lit - A/A*
Maths - A*
F.Maths - A*/A*^
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
ICT (Double) - A*A*
Business - A*
History - A*
Spanish - A*

In some subjects I'll have to get near full Ums in the exams but I still think its possible and in my mocks I got practically that but an A in english language and b in literature :/
Has anyone gotten an offer yet from sixth forms or colleges?

P.S.

Original post by Firenze26
Has anyone gotten an offer yet from sixth forms or colleges?

P.S.

Yes, my school did ours all near the start of March

Latest