The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
If anyone holds an offer for child nursing in Swansea and are planning on accepting, then a few of us have started a Facebook page. Just reply to my feed if interested.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 201
Anybody know what swansea uni is like for living and nightlife? Etc

From Ireland and it's either queens in Belfast or swansea, it's a risk going to swansea on my own though
Original post by Lee1048

From Ireland and it's either queens in Belfast or swansea, it's a risk going to swansea on my own though

certainly not Swansea is generally a safe city especially the areas around Singleton and the student village. check the other threads here there is lots on living and nightlife in Swansea. I have never been to Belfast but suspect it is bigger than Swansea and due to its sectarian history far less safe. it probably has a better shopping centre but I doubt its nightlife is any better. most of the rougher areas in Swansea are not near the campus. high street around the station has a problem with druggies and wind street can sometimes be a problem at night with drunken revellers but that happens everywhere.
Reply 203
Original post by swanseajack1
certainly not Swansea is generally a safe city especially the areas around Singleton and the student village. check the other threads here there is lots on living and nightlife in Swansea. I have never been to Belfast but suspect it is bigger than Swansea and due to its sectarian history far less safe. it probably has a better shopping centre but I doubt its nightlife is any better. most of the rougher areas in Swansea are not near the campus. high street around the station has a problem with druggies and wind street can sometimes be a problem at night with drunken revellers but that happens everywhere.

I don't mean risky as in how safe the city is, I mean i will literally know no one
Original post by Lee1048
I don't mean risky as in how safe the city is, I mean i will literally know no one

nearly everybody else is going to be in that position as well
Reply 205
Original post by Lee1048

Swansea university and their students are extremely friendly and helpful, you will have no problem in making friends. Hope this helps
Original post by Lee1048

I'm gonna know no one too, there will be many people in the same position so try not to worry too much 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any Civil Engineering applicants?!?!
Original post by Clemstein
Anyone applied for chemical engineering?

Hey, bit late but I have!
Firmed Swansea for Chemical Engineering, after going for the applicant day the University was in a great location and seems to have a great night life. Anyone else studying Chemical Engineering or any of the other Engineering disciplines? What do you think to the new Bay Campus? Not sure if it will be less fun compared to singleton or noisy with construction still occurring near by.
Original post by joshuacronin96
Firmed Swansea for Chemical Engineering, after going for the applicant day the University was in a great location and seems to have a great night life. Anyone else studying Chemical Engineering or any of the other Engineering disciplines? What do you think to the new Bay Campus? Not sure if it will be less fun compared to singleton or noisy with construction still occurring near by.

Swansea is my firm for Civil Engineering. The Bay Campus looks amazing in all the photos....lets just hope it lives up to our expectations! And I'm sure we'll all make it just as fun!!

What were your preferences for accommodation? So stuck about what order to put things in.
Original post by Kate2996
Swansea is my firm for Civil Engineering. The Bay Campus looks amazing in all the photos....lets just hope it lives up to our expectations! And I'm sure we'll all make it just as fun!!

What were your preferences for accommodation? So stuck about what order to put things in.

I put Bay Campus as my first choice with the 'dual accommodation' as my second then the others were a bit random.

I'm pretty sure on the applicant day they said that anyone studying at the new campus, who puts Swansea as it's firm choice, is guaranteed Bay Campus accommodation anyway. So don't get too hung up on your choices!
Original post by joshuacronin96
I put Bay Campus as my first choice with the 'dual accommodation' as my second then the others were a bit random.

I'm pretty sure on the applicant day they said that anyone studying at the new campus, who puts Swansea as it's firm choice, is guaranteed Bay Campus accommodation anyway. So don't get too hung up on your choices!

I thought they'd said that but wasn't sure! Perfect, think I'll be doing the same then!!
Original post by Kate2996

I put Bay campus, my firm choice is environmental engineering, as my first choice and wasn't exactly sure what to do as my other options so i chose pretty random ones for them. Although I'm pretty sure you get Bay campus if you are in one of the subjects based there.
Anyone apply for Media and Communications? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't yet received any response from Swansea university, it's weird, inne?!?!?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 216
Original post by Swansea City
I haven't yet received any response from Swansea university, it's weird, inne?!?!?!

What have you applied for?
Original post by Katrie
What have you applied for?

Mathematics, why Katrie?
Come on, Swansea University, say something man:mad: it's not the space and time theory :angry: wake up man, wake up :biggrin:
Reply 219
Original post by Swansea City
Mathematics, why Katrie?

Just incase I knew of anyone who had applied for the same course but unfortunately I don't sorry. Have you tried ringing them?

Quick Reply

Latest