The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Did anyone break up for Easter today? We break up on Wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 681
Original post by CD223
Hahha! They're horrid. At least I can convince myself it's upwards from here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah things look up a bit from telescopes!

We broke up for Easter yesterday yeah, Wednesday's a bit of a weird day for it isn't it? Two whole weeks off now though :biggrin:
(also I somewhat accidentally went on an actual date last night???)
Reply 682
Original post by Lau14
Yeah things look up a bit from telescopes!

We broke up for Easter yesterday yeah, Wednesday's a bit of a weird day for it isn't it? Two whole weeks off now though :biggrin:
(also I somewhat accidentally went on an actual date last night???)

Ah that's good! Oh I'm so jealous! Wednesday's so long... We have from Wednesday off until we go back on the 20th. When are you back?

Ooh, sounds like someone had a better night than me! :wink: Congratulations!
I bumped into my ex at a gig! I forgot we had similar music tastes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 683
Original post by CD223
Ah that's good! Oh I'm so jealous! Wednesday's so long... We have from Wednesday off until we go back on the 20th. When are you back?

Ooh, sounds like someone had a better night than me! :wink: Congratulations!
I bumped into my ex at a gig! I forgot we had similar music tastes...

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're off two weeks so back on the 13th I think.

Yeah well we went to see cabaret (which was great I am always shocked by how talented my friends are like wow) and then I ended up going back to his afterwards to watch the new episode of Vikings and he walked me home (bless) and kissed me so yep good night all in all!!! (not going to be fun telling my ex though seeing as he's one of my best friends).
Ah yeah sounds awkward :/ how'd it go?
Reply 684
Original post by Lau14
We're off two weeks so back on the 13th I think.

Yeah well we went to see cabaret (which was great I am always shocked by how talented my friends are like wow) and then I ended up going back to his afterwards to watch the new episode of Vikings and he walked me home (bless) and kissed me so yep good night all in all!!! (not going to be fun telling my ex though seeing as he's one of my best friends).
Ah yeah sounds awkward :/ how'd it go?

Oh nice! Still a fair time off :smile:
Seems like we have a cross over in time off so you're gonna have to keep me motivated when you're back and I'm still procrastinating at home :wink: haha.

Oh right, that sounds a nice evening if you ignore the awkward reprocussions haha! Yeah the gig was pretty good thanks! Nice break, just a few friends and a small venue (the more local the better!).
Reply 685
Original post by CD223
Oh nice! Still a fair time off :smile:
Seems like we have a cross over in time off so you're gonna have to keep me motivated when you're back and I'm still procrastinating at home :wink: haha.

Oh right, that sounds a nice evening if you ignore the awkward reprocussions haha! Yeah the gig was pretty good thanks! Nice break, just a few friends and a small venue (the more local the better!).

Yeah lots of time to get FP2 done :/ definitely motivation needed!

Sounds good :smile:
Reply 686
Original post by Lau14
Yeah lots of time to get FP2 done :/ definitely motivation needed!

Sounds good :smile:

Aha! Do you know how if there has been a 6 mark question on telescopes before? Trying to get the hang of the topic by answering long answer questions haha
Reply 687
Original post by CD223
Aha! Do you know how if there has been a 6 mark question on telescopes before? Trying to get the hang of the topic by answering long answer questions haha

I don't know what six mark questions there have been except the ones I did in the mock sorry. I'd guess it's possible though, there's certainly a decent amount of material on telescopes!
Reply 688
Original post by Lau14
I don't know what six mark questions there have been except the ones I did in the mock sorry. I'd guess it's possible though, there's certainly a decent amount of material on telescopes!

Ah no worries :smile: thank you though. I need to start making PHYA5 notes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 689
Original post by CD223
Ah no worries :smile: thank you though. I need to start making PHYA5 notes...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just finished mine today finally (although they're definitely less complete than the PHYA4 ones!), should get them scanned and uploaded on Monday hopefully :smile:
Reply 690
Guys. When and when don't significant figures matter. How leninent should I be when marking? MS's aren't incredibly clear. When should you mark down for incorrect sf?
Reply 691
Original post by JaySP
Guys. When and when don't significant figures matter. How leninent should I be when marking? MS's aren't incredibly clear. When should you mark down for incorrect sf?

In EMPA's/equivalent, significant figures are ALWAYS important. In terms of exam papers, unless specified in the question/really clearly in the markscheme you're pretty much good with anything reasonable that rounds to the answer given by the MS :smile:
Reply 692
Original post by Lau14
In EMPA's/equivalent, significant figures are ALWAYS important. In terms of exam papers, unless specified in the question/really clearly in the markscheme you're pretty much good with anything reasonable that rounds to the answer given by the MS :smile:

So I'm good if I give 3sf and the markscheme has 2sf? E.g. 2.21 as opposed to 2.2, when they haven't clearly asked for an appropriate amount?
Reply 693
Original post by JaySP
So I'm good if I give 3sf and the markscheme has 2sf? E.g. 2.21 as opposed to 2.2, when they haven't clearly asked for an appropriate amount?

You should be yeah (I do that all the time anyway). Maybe check with your teacher if you're worried because they know more about how the marking is done but it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 694
Original post by Lau14
I just finished mine today finally (although they're definitely less complete than the PHYA4 ones!), should get them scanned and uploaded on Monday hopefully :smile:

Oh wow thank you! I have to start mine yet - done all the way up to end of PHYA4 - will upload when I can get access to the PC :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 695
Original post by JaySP

Original post by Lau14
You should be yeah (I do that all the time anyway). Maybe check with your teacher if you're worried because they know more about how the marking is done but it shouldn't be a problem.

Unless it's an EMPA/ISA scenario, they can't penalise you for giving a different number of sig figs to the answer on the MS unless the question states that an "appropriate number of significant figures" is required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 696
Original post by CD223
Oh wow thank you! I have to start mine yet - done all the way up to end of PHYA4 - will upload when I can get access to the PC :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I didn't feel like doing any of the other stuff I need to get done today... revision notes don't take as much attention!
Reply 697
Original post by Lau14
Yeah I didn't feel like doing any of the other stuff I need to get done today... revision notes don't take as much attention!

I did all my homework apart from the piece of actual Computing coursework due on Wednesday, today. I'm so stupid where priorities are concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 698
Original post by CD223
I did all my homework apart from the piece of actual Computing coursework due on Wednesday, today. I'm so stupid where priorities are concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same to be fair... last half term I did college work most of the week, really productive, got loads done... Except for the one piece of actual homework I had :biggrin: Ah well, you've got a few days still and then it'll be done? :smile:
Original post by CD223
Did anyone break up for Easter today? We break up on Wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're lucky! My school breaks up this Thursday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending