The Student Room Group

How to revise for history gcse edexcel

How would you revise for history GCSE?I'm doing the Crime and Punishment paper, Nazi Germany and Protest. I have past papers but how would i go about revising for it. I don't think i have enough time between now and the exam to make notes from textbooks as there's alot of content.Any suggestions?
I did edexcel history last year, although i did other topics. I went to B&Q and I brought lining paper, I got home and I then made massive timelines for each topic. I started by filling in the dates/facts I knew then I filled in the ones I didn't! I found this really useful, however if this isnt for you you can always do mindmaps, flash cards etc.. also teaching somebody else or just talking through it really helps too!
Reply 2
Original post by rachel102
I did edexcel history last year, although i did other topics. I went to B&Q and I brought lining paper, I got home and I then made massive timelines for each topic. I started by filling in the dates/facts I knew then I filled in the ones I didn't! I found this really useful, however if this isnt for you you can always do mindmaps, flash cards etc.. also teaching somebody else or just talking through it really helps too!
Thanks so creating timelines are useful. thanks for your help
I like to summarise everything into the 5ws and add extra details (e.g. what does a certain event cause) if necessary. Humour, too, in my notes also helps to make everything seem interesting when I or my friends are reading them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending