The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by CD223
Oh right sure! I think as long as you can think of two different "reasons" to explain your factors then they can count as two distinct factors. Does that make sense?

How's your revision going? Are you far off completing the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am VERY far off from completing it; I've been quite ill this week, so got absolutely no revision done. I'm currently consolidating my knowledge on 2nd Reich and slowly starting to revise Weimar. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by CD223
Oh right sure! I think as long as you can think of two different "reasons" to explain your factors then they can count as two distinct factors. Does that make sense?

How's your revision going? Are you far off completing the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh whoops just realised you must have meant teaching wise!! We are going to finish the nazi controversy soon (probably week/week and a half after Easter) and then move on to the last bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by cuppa
I am VERY far off from completing it; I've been quite ill this week, so got absolutely no revision done. I'm currently consolidating my knowledge on 2nd Reich and slowly starting to revise Weimar. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no! If it helps, due to coursework reasons, I haven't had the chance to begin revising this at all!

Will hopefully start over Easter. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by cuppa
Oh whoops just realised you must have meant teaching wise!! We are going to finish the nazi controversy soon (probably week/week and a half after Easter) and then move on to the last bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! We're only doing the WW1 controversy so we've skipped both Nazi controversy chapters in the book. We've just finished Hitler's consolidation of power and started Nazis during WW2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nice! We're only doing the WW1 controversy so we've skipped both Nazi controversy chapters in the book. We've just finished Hitler's consolidation of power and started Nazis during WW2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never knew you could just skip the Nazi controversy chapters you know! I thought those chapters might have some info that could somehow come up in the section A question or something.. clearly I am lost lol!
What was the Hottentot election, why was it significant? Did it show how the Kaiser had entrenched autocracy?

Thanks x
Reply 126
Original post by Bunny2014
What was the Hottentot election, why was it significant? Did it show how the Kaiser had entrenched autocracy?

Thanks x

In 1906 some SPD and Centre Party deputies voted against the government's budget, which would have gone towards colonial policies they did not like. The kaiser therefore dissolved the reichstag and called new election--hottentot election--which strengthened imperialist, conservative parties.

Therefore you could argue that it was a sign of entrenched autocracy, as kaiser had the power to dissolve the reichstag. But you could also argue that it shows that reichstag was ready to stand up for themselves.
I'm wondering of we'll get a question on Weimar, it's been on the last 2 papers...
Reply 128
Original post by WilliamSlim
I'm wondering of we'll get a question on Weimar, it's been on the last 2 papers...

Has it? I guess in that case we can take Weimar revision easy, but shouldn't skip it completely.
Original post by cuppa
Has it? I guess in that case we can take Weimar revision easy, but shouldn't skip it completely.

I'm just so wary about this because i took this attitude last year and the topics which i took easy came up. Literally just got an A, right on the grade boundary.

I was hoping to get an A this year, but i can't because of coursework (C). A maximum word limit is so stupid!
Reply 130
I'm just so wary about this because i took this attitude last year and the topics which i took easy came up. Literally just got an A, right on the grade boundary.

I was hoping to get an A this year, but i can't because of coursework (C). A maximum word limit is so stupid!

Yeah, same, I took things easy and they all came up. Getting an A just on the mark is ok though! How many UMS marks did you get last year?
Reply 131
Original post by pearl_rose
Never knew you could just skip the Nazi controversy chapters you know! I thought those chapters might have some info that could somehow come up in the section A question or something.. clearly I am lost lol!

Haha neither did I until my teacher told me! Nah, the chapters on controversies will only appear in part B.
Original post by cuppa
Yeah, same, I took things easy and they all came up. Getting an A just on the mark is ok though! How many UMS marks did you get last year?

I'm not sure, on the other unit i was 3 marks off an A. Apparently i need a low C this year to get a B but i don't know if i believe that, feels like i'll need a B overall at least this year for a B.
Reply 133
I'm not sure, on the other unit i was 3 marks off an A. Apparently i need a low C this year to get a B but i don't know if i believe that, feels like i'll need a B overall at least this year for a B.

It is perfectly possible that you need a lower grade to get a higher grade overall :smile: I need a B to get an A I believe. So don't feel like it's not achievable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cuppa
In 1906 some SPD and Centre Party deputies voted against the government's budget, which would have gone towards colonial policies they did not like. The kaiser therefore dissolved the reichstag and called new election--hottentot election--which strengthened imperialist, conservative parties.

Therefore you could argue that it was a sign of entrenched autocracy, as kaiser had the power to dissolve the reichstag. But you could also argue that it shows that reichstag was ready to stand up for themselves.

Thank you very much :smile: x
Reply 135
Could anyone give me 5 key reasons as to why Hitler was made chancellor? Wanna make sure my points are distinct enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, i've just been looking at Stressemann's achievements and his Golden Years, and i've got:

- notable achievements as Chancellor (end of passive r/currency reform)
- notable achievements as Foreign Minister (Dawes plans etc.)
- and this next point is about opposition/problems with his policies - but i don't have any points for it, does anyone know if i need this at all, or what the points are? I've found a small paragraph in the white text book about it, but how much about this do we need to know?

thanks!
Original post by CD223
Could anyone give me 5 key reasons as to why Hitler was made chancellor? Wanna make sure my points are distinct enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hitler (appealing to different groups + speaker) and the Nazi Party (violence + propaganda)
Conservative miscalculation (Von Papen and the lads)
Economy (crashed, unemployment, people unsatisfied)
Fear of communism (tbh they are pretty scary m8)

Not too sure on the fifth, perhaps no real loyalty towards democracy and democratic values in the populace. Sorry mate i don't now, you've done so much for me and i've let you down. Forgive me.
Reply 138
Hitler (appealing to different groups + speaker) and the Nazi Party (violence + propaganda)
Conservative miscalculation (Von Papen and the lads)
Economy (crashed, unemployment, people unsatisfied)
Fear of communism (tbh they are pretty scary m8)

Not too sure on the fifth, perhaps no real loyalty towards democracy and democratic values in the populace. Sorry mate i don't now, you've done so much for me and i've let you down. Forgive me.

Aha, thank you! That's the issue I was having (thinking of a fifth)!

Could you count Hitler (appealing to different groups + speaker) and the Nazis (violence + propaganda) as two separate points?
Reply 139
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Hey everyone, i've just been looking at Stressemann's achievements and his Golden Years, and i've got:

- notable achievements as Chancellor (end of passive r/currency reform)
- notable achievements as Foreign Minister (Dawes plans etc.)
- and this next point is about opposition/problems with his policies - but i don't have any points for it, does anyone know if i need this at all, or what the points are? I've found a small paragraph in the white text book about it, but how much about this do we need to know?

thanks!

Here's what I have as "for and against stresemann being a successful foreign minister". Sorry about my handwriting, and feel free to ask me to clarify anything as its done in acronyms and condensed notes haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending