The Student Room Group

2015 Art GCSE apart and/or together??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Splattapus
I need artist links and ideas for together and/or apart, something I can do with EastEnders.. That's the hard part as I already have EastEnders initials, Sharon,Dot,Phil,Peggy I'm so stuck any links and ideas please?!?!?!?! Tweet @OfficialS_Platt or reply to this comment please.

I am not sure how this links to together and or apart and what artist would you do what photshoot would you do?
Original post by Maria1812
I am not sure how this links to together and or apart and what artist would you do what photshoot would you do?

EastEnders is about the ups and downs of family life and their are many other together and apart ideas like it bringing People together to watch it for 30 years. Any artist really. Someone who is fun to do.
Original post by Splattapus
EastEnders is about the ups and downs of family life and their are many other together and apart ideas like it bringing People together to watch it for 30 years. Any artist really. Someone who is fun to do.

Look at divorce break up at artists who argue if you want to look at depression look at the painting silence by henry fuseli take photos of depresse people or angry people
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me. I've recently done my experimenting with materials and found that doing my final piece on a black background works well, but for my final piece I want to do something A3 or A2 (as I work pretty quickly). Any ideas what I can use so that it won't bend or get messed up?? ( I'm doing an oil pastel drawing if that helps)
Original post by student2678
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me. I've recently done my experimenting with materials and found that doing my final piece on a black background works well, but for my final piece I want to do something A3 or A2 (as I work pretty quickly). Any ideas what I can use so that it won't bend or get messed up?? ( I'm doing an oil pastel drawing if that helps)

What technique do you enjoy?
Original post by Maria1812
What technique do you enjoy?

Mixed media, oil pastel and paint i am thinking as it looks quite cool, but not sure what to get so I can do the background as black makes it stand out best.
Mixed media, oil pastel and paint i am thinking as it looks quite cool, but not sure what to get so I can do the background as black makes it stand out best.

What is your project focoused on people? Faces? Nature? objects?
Hi I'm also doing this course this year. My view on the theme was quite different as at my school lots of people focus on portraits ( but i don't). What i thought was to think of an idea of anything and do some artist studies on that idea then think how does it fit the theme. Don't feel limited by the theme do whatever then link it to the theme later. For example i found an artist who used oil pastel did a copy then found a photo of a ruined building to base my response on and said " this links to the theme because this place used to be together, but is now apart." I also then went on to draw a picture of a highland cow on its own and said it represented the theme because its apart. Be creative, think out of the box, anything links to the theme really, don't let it hinder your creativity.
My project is based on highland cows (bizarrely) there is some in a field near my house!
My project is based on highland cows (bizarrely) there is some in a field near my house!

Do you enjoy water colour? For a cow i think not to bright colour would look nice. If you are really good at capturing light and shades do drawing or water colour I am very untalented artist I cannot capture sahde and light very well I am focusing on fruit while others on protraits is well. i think drawing of a cow from close pencil would do it but if you want to capture a field not very detailed loose painting go for water colour

Maybe try doing it on some black mount board, it's thick and strong and you can get it in A1 size. Obviously it's not ideal if you use something like watercolour because it won't show up well on black but acrylics should be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBlueBiro
Maybe try doing it on some black mount board, it's thick and strong and you can get it in A1 size. Obviously it's not ideal if you use something like watercolour because it won't show up well on black but acrylics should be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I got some and it works well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending