The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emcat
8th May technically, although we still have to go in for lessons after then.

Why? That seems ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
swag
[video="youtube;ktq2Ta41-ds"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktq2Ta41-ds[/video]
Original post by Princepieman
Why? That seems ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have to go in for all your lessons you have exams in. Which means for me I'm in full time until the week beginning the 8th of June because I have 4 of my A2 exams in that week. It's a really stupid system imo.
Original post by emcat
Have to go in for all your lessons you have exams in. Which means for me I'm in full time until the week beginning the 8th of June because I have 4 of my A2 exams in that week. It's a really stupid system imo.

i had this system last year and I believe I could have got a grade higher in each subject minimum were I allowed to stay at home. Lots of people seemed to miss lessons and the teachers didn't really mid so much though so if your teachers were anything like mine they probably won't mind as much as the principal does
12 HOURS I'LL BE IN MY SINGING EXAM BLEUGH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
12 HOURS I'LL BE IN MY SINGING EXAM BLEUGH Posted from TSR Mobile

good luck!
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
good luck!

Merci , genuinely just want it over now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
i had this system last year and I believe I could have got a grade higher in each subject minimum were I allowed to stay at home. Lots of people seemed to miss lessons and the teachers didn't really mid so much though so if your teachers were anything like mine they probably won't mind as much as the principal does

I'll probably be fine to miss English and history lessons but the maths faculty at my school is crazy about absences so I'll have to go to those lessons still anyway.
My singing exam was genuinely fun, had the nicest examiner ever he was such a chill dude
[QUOTE="emcat;54626319"]I'll probably be fine to miss English and history lessons but the maths faculty at my school is crazy about absences so I'll have to go to those lessons still anyway.[/QUOTE

At least it's only one subjects lessons you will attend so you are saving a significant amount of hours for self study (presuming you won't procrastinate XD)
Do you ever just have a day where you just can't do a subject? I don't know what's up it's just everything I do seems to be littered with stupid mistakes and sign errors today. So annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My singing exam was genuinely fun, had the nicest examiner ever he was such a chill dude

Im glad it went well for you :smile: when do you hear back from it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Do you ever just have a day where you just can't do a subject? I don't know what's up it's just everything I do seems to be littered with stupid mistakes and sign errors today. So annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beware the negative signs :frown:

Maybe you should try writing everything explicitly clear, using brackets to group negatives together etc. ?
Original post by neal95
Original post by emcat
I'll probably be fine to miss English and history lessons but the maths faculty at my school is crazy about absences so I'll have to go to those lessons still anyway.

At least it's only one subjects lessons you will attend so you are saving a significant amount of hours for self study (presuming you won't procrastinate XD)

Well that's debatable, haha. I should be doing a lot more work than I am doing probably since I need all As.
Original post by Bude8
Beware the negative signs :frown:

Maybe you should try writing everything explicitly clear, using brackets to group negatives together etc. ?

They always get me in further maths. I think it's because I find it really difficult so I'm spending more time thinking about what I'm actually meant to be doing so tiny things I get wrong and it just makes the whole process even more challenging. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Im glad it went well for you :smile: when do you hear back from it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou!! :biggrin:
my singing exam is gonna text us all tomorrow either "pass" or "fail" even tho she shouldn't, then we can go and collect our full marks out of 100 and certificate and stuff in a few weeks :smile:
thankyou!! :biggrin:
my singing exam is gonna text us all tomorrow either "pass" or "fail" even tho she shouldn't, then we can go and collect our full marks out of 100 and certificate and stuff in a few weeks :smile:

Aww sweet! Good luck :smile: I'm sure you'll have done great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Aww sweet! Good luck :smile: I'm sure you'll have done great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrestlemania tonight
I'm looking for a summer internship in a company related to engineering.
Is LinkedIn a good way to find one? Everyone seems to be looking for people who have already started uni and have a lot of previous work-experience! I want to start doing stuff for my CV.

Latest