The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louisb19
Since our A-Level exams are quite soon I was wondering how much you lot are going to be revising per day. I'm personally aiming for 6hrs+ per day however I don't know if that is really going to happen.

Good luck A-Levelers :biggrin:
Reply 41
How have you been revising for physics?
Reply 42
10am-12pm. Break until 1:30pm. 1:30pm-3:30pm. 6:00pm-7:00pm (if I can)
Perhaps 2-3 hours the 1st week, pushing up to 4-5 hours the second (which will consist of past papers and making up questions)
just enough to teach myself the year's worth of 5 subjects, 2 of them *nearly* from scratch.

:rolleyes:
Reply 45
I personally am taking detailed notes on all my subjects along with mind maps and a few questions here and ther and am planning to finish by next week Wednesday(second week of easter) then do past papers until my exams start
Unfortunately my parents decided a skiing holiday would be best in the first week, so I'm taking stuff with me. Luckily I'm taking my best friend so we can struggle through the work together. But when we get back I have a one-day turn around before doing 6 day training for my dofe gold expedition! So whatever you guys get done it'll be more than me :smile:

I'm also doing maths, further maths, physics and history (only AS at the mo) and I've found that half my physics crosses over with most of my mechanics modules in further maths which means I can revise two subjects in one go!

Setting a specific amount to revise each day is silly in my view, you should go by what you feel. Eg some days I feel I can only do 1hr-1hr30, whereas others I get onto a roll and can study a straight 14hrs solid from about 8am to 11pm with an hour for dinner and tea. So overall it all balances out.
Original post by mickel_w
just enough to teach myself the year's worth of 5 subjects, 2 of them *nearly* from scratch.

I truly and deeply wish you the best of luck! :colondollar: What subjects are they?
I follow targets too, and plan to read over all my notes for all the subjects in the first week then do past papers in the second week. And probably up until the exams.
Set out roughly 6-8 hours a day with a few days off. Last year took a week to go to Iceland and didn't do masses in the first week of Easter and my exams were sooner so I'm not too worried at this point.
An awful lot :frown: As much as I can, but I need to work it round my work schedule too
Original post by mickel_w

A2 exams?! May God have mercy on your soul...
i've made a timetable with a mis of 3 subjects everyday, 5 hours a day with hour breaks inbetween. Second week will be a lot less though, aiming for 4 past papers for A2 bio f214 and chem f325 each and practise questions for the f215 and f324. Then a few past questions for aqa geog 3
Original post by AyCaramba
A2 exams?! May God have mercy on your soul...

:rofl:
Guys, why is it that for every single subject i do, i seem to know the content HOWEVER, when it comes to class tests & mocks.... I still get U's ? :mad:
Reply 55
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Perhaps 2-3 hours the 1st week, pushing up to 4-5 hours the second (which will consist of past papers and making up questions)

Ive started making up chemistry questions and it seems to be helpful.
Original post by alevels2k15
Guys, why is it that for every single subject i do, i seem to know the content HOWEVER, when it comes to class tests & mocks.... I still get U's ? :mad:

Exam technique perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by alevels2k15

Not knowing what examiners want?
Study the mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Exam technique perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you define exam technique, I mean what do people mean when they say ' you have to work on exam technique' does that mean learn the mark schemes ?
Reply 59
Original post by Master Sam
Can you define exam technique, I mean what do people mean when they say ' you have to work on exam technique' does that mean learn the mark schemes ?

You don't have to learn off by heart but you should get a rough idea as to what sort of points must be made for that sort of questions. They ask same question every few years with different wording and they often have same points that must be made.
What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest