The Student Room Group

Anyone feeling demotivated?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkboyk
Anyone feeling demotivated? I wanted to make a thread for people to gain motivation, but don't want to write loads; so let's cheer each other instead :2euk48l:

I literally just scare myself into doing revision (sounds bad but works), or just imagine how happy I'll feel on results day when the work pays off.
Reply 121
Original post by Strom
I literally just scare myself into doing revision (sounds bad but works), or just imagine how happy I'll feel on results day when the work pays off.

How exactly do you scare yourself?
Original post by kkboyk
How exactly do you scare yourself?

Vividly imagining that you'll do bad on results day, persuading yourself that if you don't do the work you will fail. Stuff like that!
Original post by scrunkie
Yeah it's the boredom that's getting to me! I've started wasting my days watching youtube videos of other people being productive hah!

Oh noo!! I left my last University & course and reapplied this year for a new one, so that's why I'm off early. Although the other people still on my old course are all off for Easter which is basically forever, bar the 3 exams they have, so I guess the only difference is they have revision and I don't xD

Ahh, I did a similar thing a few years back. Went a temporary withdrawal with a view to moving to another university but it didn't work out. Instead tried finding a decent apprenticeship, but it was horrible trying to find work and the apprenticeship system was really basic back then. Had two interviews for decent companies but unfortunately neither materialised so I had to go back to university.

No revision, lucky you :lol: Best of luck finding a job and with going back to university mate.
Original post by kkboyk

I've went through that last summer. I ended up attending two pointless interviews.

Nothing worse than a pointless interview, had one a few weeks back. Everyone says to take it as practice, but having to go through all the effort and keep coming back with nothing is really demoralising.
Forget motivation. For me, I just try to be disciplined. I set myself a goal for this easter to revise all of AS maths and chemistry, and I'm complete that goal. For me thinking about results day/getting into my 1st choice university doesn't work.
Reply 126
Original post by Wolftablet
Forget motivation. For me, I just try to be disciplined. I set myself a goal for this easter to revise all of AS maths and chemistry, and I'm complete that goal. For me thinking about results day/getting into my 1st choice university doesn't work.

That's good. I'm planning on learning the whole of my courses on easter (already finished one)
this makes me demotivated

Reply 128
Original post by GnomeMage
this makes me demotivated

:confused: why?
My offer is really straightforward to get thanks to AS, so I don't see the need to do anything A-level related... I just sit around watching maths TED talks :biggrin:
Take a cold shower
Reply 131
Original post by whorace
Take a cold shower

That only wakes me up, and doesn't even motivate me.

Original post by pryngles
My offer is really straightforward to get thanks to AS, so I don't see the need to do anything A-level related... I just sit around watching maths TED talks :biggrin:

Are you perhaps going to do maths at uni?
Original post by kkboyk
That only wakes me up, and doesn't even motivate me.

Are you perhaps going to do maths at uni?

Yep
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
If only we could go back to being 5 years old and be full of energy, excitement and not give a **** about life :rofl:

Club Penguin > AS Revision
Reply 134
Original post by pryngles
Yep

Which uni?

Original post by Neurotoxicity
Club Penguin > AS Revision

Anime > Adventure Quest > Club Penguin > Putin > AS revision
Original post by kkboyk
Which uni?

Anime > Adventure Quest > Club Penguin > Putin > AS revision

Subjects you doing? :cool:
Reply 136
Original post by Neurotoxicity
Subjects you doing? :cool:

Biology, Maths, Further Maths and Geo. What about you?
Yeah I'm feeling pretty demotivated at the moment. I'm at university in France at the moment and it's ridiculously disorganised. Last week one of my classes was re-timetabled to a time that I can't do, right in the middle of the semester, so I'm facing loads of extra work with that. Plus teachers keep springing exams on us last minute. I'm bad enough at a well organised university, but when the institution itself makes it difficult, I'm a disaster. :rolleyes:
Reply 138
Original post by ailashes
Yeah I'm feeling pretty demotivated at the moment. I'm at university in France at the moment and it's ridiculously disorganised. Last week one of my classes was re-timetabled to a time that I can't do, right in the middle of the semester, so I'm facing loads of extra work with that. Plus teachers keep springing exams on us last minute. I'm bad enough at a well organised university, but when the institution itself makes it difficult, I'm a disaster. :rolleyes:

Why have you decided to study in France? Which uni is it (hoping it's not Ecole Polytechnics)?
Original post by kkboyk
Why have you decided to study in France? Which uni is it (hoping it's not Ecole Polytechnics)?

It's compulsory for my degree (I study French, Spanish and Russian). I didn't fancy going to a different French speaking country because of distance and accent. It's not (I'm at Aix-Marseille) but I hear that most French universities can be pretty disorganised! I'm sure you'll be fine though, I'm just a bit rubbish myself. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest